PDA

View Full Version : 1000 sie

xjrjohn
09-10-2004, 07:46 PM
just thought id give a mini-review of my bike.
Love the look of the monster but IMHO under-powered for a thousand...feels more like a 750.....if i were to go back in time a couple of months id pay an extra grand and go for the s4r or maybe even a used s4..btw on ducati manchesters homepage the stats that they had put up for the 1000sie were actually for the s4r!..threw me anyway...i also think duacti had a few probs shifting these as they actually put the retail price down about £800..thats why the second hand value is sooooooo crap. Suffice to say i couldnt live with the bike for the kinda riding that i do....ive now bought another italian stallion.....the Tuono...very similar power-wise to the s4r (which i wouldve got if i hadnt got such a good deal for the tuono).
The one at Raceways (Fleetwood) is my old monster..theyre selling it at £5200..and still no takers!
Just another quickie...why are Ducati fetching out a s2r??? cant see the point myself.
Anyway safe riding folks......i ll maybe get another ducati some-time...lovely looker
John

A Yerbury
09-10-2004, 08:45 PM
hey long time no post! I think the s2r is Ducatis way of shifting the 800 as people were either choosing the 620 or the 1000 but qui sais?