PDA

View Full Version : Immobilizer sounding funny

DevilBoy
07-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Hello all

I recently had a bit of an off, and broke myself a bit, so im only just getting back on the bike in the next few weeks.
Last weekend i put the key in, becuase the immobilizer light wasnt flashing, (I know now that it turns off after a while - wisely).
When i turned the key, the bike usually makes a funny mechanical/electronical noise... but this time it sounded a little different than usual... it sounded like it was struggling slightly...

I cant start it becuase my radiator is hanging off (its an s4) - and i havent had a chance to check it out yet... but the noise worried me a little...

Any ideas what i can check?

cheers all

A Yerbury
07-10-2004, 08:45 PM
funny haha or funny "weerrrrr.."? all s4s have radiators hanging off them shorley?
AY apologies for this thread as it is neither funny or helpfull.........

DevilBoy
07-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Oi Yerbury, NO!

it is neither funny nor clever that your using my genuine quest for assistance to satisfy your need to lark around!

A Yerbury
07-10-2004, 09:35 PM
A Yerbury esq has apologised once today and that is enough....( :)..bloody smiley things)

A Yerbury
07-10-2004, 09:36 PM
ps...great use of the phrase "lark around" it's up there with "hijinks" and my fave "capers and scrapes"

Pedro
07-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Sounds like the battery is in need of a top up charge.

The noise you normally hear is prbably the fuel pump come up to pressure - a weak battery would make this sound iffy.

Ped

A Yerbury
07-10-2004, 09:55 PM
ped can a weak batt affect the fuel pump?

Pedro
07-10-2004, 10:03 PM
ped can a weak batt affect the fuel pump?

For sure, the pump is essentially working against a load and if the battery is low, it wont let the motor draw enough current to run at full power. My MR2 does it and I seem to recall that my mates T595 did the same. My old GTI had an electric fuelpump that generated fuel pressure of about 5 bar I think, about 75psi, so quute some load.

Of couse, if the fuel pump is mechanical, then a weak battery will have sod all effect!!

Ped

A Yerbury
08-10-2004, 09:44 AM
the monster one s not electrical though? (thats the sound of a man putting his neck on the line)
Alex

Pedro
08-10-2004, 02:56 PM
the monster one s not electrical though? (thats the sound of a man putting his neck on the line)
Alex

Brace yourself Yerbs, the S4 I think has an electrical fuel pump....

Scotty
08-10-2004, 07:20 PM
is there fuel in the tank
the fuel pump makes 'hillarous' sounds when your running on fumes
wouldn't put your hopes on further than 10 miles when it makes that sort a sound when you turn the key