PDA

View Full Version : Fairing Compatibility

Bodge
07-10-2004, 04:10 AM
Can I fit an 02 fairing to my 96 Monster?

Yes I really like the factory screens - but the later ones over the ones that my model came with...

Julie
07-10-2004, 07:20 AM
yes i fittied a new screen to a 1994 M600.

You will need to change the indicators and fit them to the headlamp brackets, this will leave some screw holes and you can buy some L shaped brackets from Ducati (not much money) and they bolt in to where the indicators went and then the screen screws on to them. JOB DONE!

Bodge
07-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Thats good news - cheers.

I take it you mean that I have to get the later model indicators?

Pushin my luck but do you have a pic?

muzpen
31-03-2005, 09:04 AM
I would like to fit a new style screen to my M900.
Has any one done this mod? Is it possible? :burnout:

Thanks. :burnout:

NattyBoy
31-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Ive got a couple of brand new ducati performance ones in carbon in different styles..let me know your e-mail addresses if its of interest and ill mail some pics..

Cheers
Nat

Danny
31-03-2005, 10:04 AM
How much Nat?

NattyBoy
31-03-2005, 11:00 AM
I just have the 2 different style of cowls so they would need screens, but I do have a tinted ducati performance screen that would fit one of them with some easy mods.

The screen would need trimming and some mounting holes drilling in it to fit the cowl as it was designed for a different shape of cowl, but this would be a fairly straight forward exercise having looked at it and ive attached a pic giving an indication what it would look like..

I could actually do this work for you and even get some mesh fitted to the airvent to trick it up !

The part numbers are;

969122AAA - DP hi tinted screen - £67.42 list
96931899C - DP Carbon cowl - £75.88 list

I would be looking for £60 for the lot or a bit extra if you want some mesh on it and the screen fitted up.

Cheers
nat

jvp
31-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Danny did you buy your bike from Broadstairs?????because I sold one to a Danny from Eastborne

Paranoid Dave
31-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Thats good news - cheers.

I take it you mean that I have to get the later model indicators?

I guess you got the 'orrid square indicators on those funny arm things fixed to the top yoke, you wont need to change indicators, just take the arm bit off the indicator and you'll be able to stick them where you like, as Julie said headlamp bracket is good, like the newer monsters. You'll need to drill a big hole and a little hole, one for the bolt and one for the wires, you'll see what I mean when you take it off.
If you want the front to look really tidy, dump those old square indicators as they look nasty, get some small aftermarket ones and then you'll probably only have to drill ONE hole in the bracket not two.

Have fun.
PD :twisted:

Danny
31-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Danny did you buy your bike from Broadstairs?????because I sold one to a Danny from Eastborne

The one and only!

muzpen
03-04-2005, 11:42 AM
:burnout: I just have the 2 different style of cowls so they would need screens, but I do have a tinted ducati performance screen that would fit one of them with some easy mods.

The screen would need trimming and some mounting holes drilling in it to fit the cowl as it was designed for a different shape of cowl, but this would be a fairly straight forward exercise having looked at it and ive attached a pic giving an indication what it would look like..

I could actually do this work for you and even get some mesh fitted to the airvent to trick it up !

The part numbers are;

969122AAA - DP hi tinted screen - £67.42 list
96931899C - DP Carbon cowl - £75.88 list

I would be looking for £60 for the lot or a bit extra if you want some mesh on it and the screen fitted up.

Cheers
nat
:burnout:
Hi Nat,
Do you have a red cowl in the new or old styles?

Cheers,

muzpen :burnout:

NattyBoy
03-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Just carbon at the minute mate..

Nat