PDA

View Full Version : Sigle sider?

Leon
06-10-2004, 06:02 PM
HI all, anybody tried fitting a 916... single sided swinger? Ther's 1 on e-bay at the mo... I'm tempted. :lol:

JMo
06-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Quite a few have - AK, Grunt, Simon for example - but you do need professional help machining the engine cases, and modifiying the frame (unless you are a dab-hand at welding)...

Send them a PM and they can fill you in perhaps? - Viv at V-tech used to be the man for sorting this conversion, but I understand he is busy elsewhere work-wise at the moment.

Good luck...

xxx

Leon
06-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanx a lot mate!!! Not shure if it is worth the effort...And it's gone now anyway...£155 !! not bad for the lot...
Thanks again..

SimonH
07-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Leon,
yes it is worth doing, but it's not a job for an amateur. Viv Cowley at V Tech (Oxford) Ltd does a very professional job. He can source parts for you. There is a lot of stuff available second hand for a very reasonable price. If you want to see one that's been done then pm me and I'll send you some photos.

Cheers

Simon

Plum
08-10-2004, 08:08 AM
Can anyone say roughly what the conversion costs if you provide the parts?

L

SimonH
08-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Don't know how much just the SS swingarm conversion was because we did a lot of other work at the same time - 748sps motor, 916 forks, speigler brakes - Now where did I leave my anorak? I suggest you send an e-mail to Viv Cowley at V-Tech and discuss it with him. I know he is away with Team Roberts at present but if you send a message to : viv.cowley@BTopenworld.com - then I am sure he will reply on his return.

SimonH