PDA

View Full Version : A reliable source for torque settings

IpauloGTS
03-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Is there a proper database of all torque settings for Monsters available online? I ask because Haynes and Ducati disagree on some basic ones and loads are missing from the Ducati technical info.

I have just tightened the left engine cover bolts at 10nm as recommended in Haynes and it feels like nothing - it may well be right but I'd like to have peace of mind.

Cheers,

Paul.

Fosse Foxfight
07-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Is there a proper database of all torque settings for Monsters available online? I ask because Haynes and Ducati disagree on some basic ones and loads are missing from the Ducati technical info.

I have just tightened the left engine cover bolts at 10nm as recommended in Haynes and it feels like nothing - it may well be right but I'd like to have peace of mind.

Cheers,

Paul.
10nm is barely nothing and it should feel like barely nothing.

IpauloGTS
07-10-2004, 04:57 PM
I understand this:

10nm is barely nothing and it should feel like barely nothing

but that just feels wrong for a crankcase cover.

I was hoping for an online source for all torque settings. Haynes give a setting of a third as much again over the owners manual for spark plugs for example. Enough to strip a thread if you were unlucky.

Paul

A Yerbury
07-10-2004, 05:27 PM
its just the engine cases though yes? there is not a great deal of pressure down there, as long as your arent dripping oil it should be fine.

IpauloGTS
07-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Yep, just the cases so I reckon your right. Done about 30 miles and no sign of a leak yet.

Paul.