PDA

View Full Version : Ducati John in Leeds. Top service

stef
29-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Just got back from John's place in Leeds.
first class service. Highly recomended. Even rescued me from the motorway, after i ran out of petrol !
Note to Chappers and Pete: i thought it was sorted, but that leaking tank sensor is still bugging me... and it looks like i also have knocked the gauge sensor out ... !

hammy
30-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Ducati John? Who's he? Where is he? I live in Leeds & currently go to Cobb & Jagger in Shipley. They're very helpfull & do a great job & all that, but quite frankly, having to travel through the outskirts of Bradford to get there is not something I care to do on a regular basis :D Plus it's a pain in the arse getting to & from, whilst they're taking care of my beloved. Do you have his number/address?

David

stef
30-09-2004, 02:34 PM
sure, just find his name in the members book and go to his website.
I live in meanwood, but work in shipley, 300yrds from cobbs. but if you are after top service at discount price, john is your man.
I got a good second hand disk, new pads, disk bolts, can of brake cleaner, and rescue from motorway including £5 worth of petrol for less than £95 all fitted while i watched.
eventhough john is in Rothwell and i have the ducati shop at hand, i'd still rather make the journey... maybe if cobbs let me in the workshop, got me a coffee while i watched and chatted with the mechanics, it would be different..

hammy
30-09-2004, 03:33 PM
sure, just find his name in the members book and go to his website...

Had a look in the members section, there's no one called 'Ducati John' & there's about 200 other 'Johns' to sift through!! Sorry to be so lazy (I am a man), but if you could let me know which of the 200 he is, that would be perfect :)

Cheers
David

stef
30-09-2004, 03:39 PM
www.ducati-john.co.uk
there you go. he is in fact duke john

hammy
30-09-2004, 03:49 PM
A great help. Fantastic!

Cheers
David (from Alwoodley)

stef
30-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Alwoodley...just next door really !
you will have to stop by sometime to show off your metal ! i am a stone throw away from the myrtle tavern and the bayhorse pub.

NattyBoy
30-09-2004, 04:08 PM
He rang me up the other week to buy some bits...seemed like a really genuine bloke..

Nat

hammy
30-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Alwoodley...just next door really !
you will have to stop by sometime to show off your metal ! i am a stone throw away from the myrtle tavern and the bayhorse pub.

Absolutely :) My best mate, & ex girfriend, used to live in the end semi, just next to the painted roundabout. Parkside Road, I think? :confused: You know where I mean...

Next time I go for a spin, I'll ride past, don't know which house you are, but believe me, you'll hear me coming :D :D Flag me down. I'll show you mine if you show me yours :eek: :D

stef
30-09-2004, 04:32 PM
i'll keep my hears opened, but if i dont hear u, txt on 07747482583!
i see where you mean. I am a quarter of a mile from there, towards the ring road/bay horse/myrtle, on the holmwoods..

stef
30-09-2004, 04:34 PM
I have a good friend on the quarry, in alwoodley !

hammy
30-09-2004, 05:09 PM
The Quarry, that's proper Alwoodley, I barely scrape in :( Nursery Lane, if you know it.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, I'll give John a call next time I need a little something. Thanks for the tip.

David
:burnout:

andros
01-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks too from me for the link. Its nice to know theres a good independant neraby as an alternative to the main dealer.

hammy
01-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks too from me for the link. Its nice to know theres a good independant neraby as an alternative to the main dealer.

Another Monster in Leeds! :) Stef's in Meanwood, I'm in Alwoodley, where are you? We'll have to get together sometime & go out for a spin, or at least show some mutual appreciation for each others Dukes. :D

David

stef
01-10-2004, 10:53 AM
absolutely... we could organise a meeting on sainsbury moortown car park, bring the boom boxes and see who makes the roundest doughnuts. :D

hammy
01-10-2004, 11:07 AM
absolutely... we could organise a meeting on sainsbury moortown car park, bring the boom boxes and see who makes the roundest doughnuts. :D

mmmmmm doughnuts. . .can I have jam & cream in mine? :D :D

andros
01-10-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm in Bramley so not very far away at all. Let me know when you are out and about.

Glad there are a few monsterers around, you dont see may about. There seems to be more down south than up here!!

hammy
01-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Andros
You're right, not many Monsters around Leeds at all, at least I've not seen many. I did see a red one on Scotthall Road a month or two back (maybe it was you :D ) I was in my car stuck in traffic coming home from work 'Why', I thought? :mad: I had a 2 wheel machine at home in the garage, to carve through all this s**te!!

Won't be out this weekend, I'm getting pissed in Liverpool, & carrying out tail chop the weekend after :confused: although that will be postponed if the weather's ok.

I'll send you a pm next time I'm off for a spin. I've got Stef's number, so we can get him out too. . ."The Three Amigo's" :cool: :D :burnout:

David

stef
01-10-2004, 01:49 PM
nice one ! although my bike shall be going through winter work shortly..
engine paint/ stage two/ general tidying. so i may not be available for a bit.

andros
01-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Yep, let me know hammy and I'll try and get out for spin.

Stef, hopefully we'll still get some good biking weather before this year is out, not been the best year has it? As it gets colder I tend to just wait for the sunnier weekend days, but I do try and get every few weeks, I'd find it hard not riding for a few months!

Duke John
19-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Hello all.
Cheers for the nice comments Stef.
If anyone else out there is looking for friendly, low cost Ducati servicing and other work then please get in touch.
The banner below has my contact and web site details.
Best Regards
Ducati John.