PDA

View Full Version : Monster Weekend 2005

Phoenix
29-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Well i'm afraid you are stuck with me for the organisation of the Weekender for 2005 so i'll do my best to follow in CKs footsteps.

Booking information will be available shortly.

In the meantime, though i'd like to stick to the successful format already tried and tested for the last 2 years, i'd like to know if anyone has any further suggestions ?

< panic mode: ON > :eek:

Northman1
29-09-2004, 09:47 AM
As a newcomer ... [pause for silent stares!] ... just what is the "successful format already tried and tested for the last 2 years" ?

Phoenix
29-09-2004, 10:04 AM
The basic format is usually. Arrive Friday- Saturday various group rides in the bimble - moderate- and hoon varieties with various lead riders to local hot spots, maybe Stratford on Avon and Dennis ( mills loopy in a nice way owner) to local airfield for tour etc or into the Cotswolds .
Saturday Evening is a meal and further entertainment.
Sunday is the National RideOut to pub for lunch. Last year saw 60 ish monsters bimbling through the local countryside bringing out people to their gateways to watch the cavalcade rumble past. Lovely it was.
Guarenteed brilliant time had by all, even if it did rain lots this year :)

nik_the_brief
29-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Silent stares, adopts Royston Vasey accent, - "Are you local?" :D

Banshee
29-09-2004, 07:42 PM
more drinkin this year me thinks! :twisted:

gary tompkins
29-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Any chance of fitting in a meeting (AGM stylee but less formal maybe) on the Saturday or Sunday evening, perhaps after we get back from the rideouts and before dinner? It looks like we wont get an official AGM this year, so I thought Arrow Mill would be an ideal chance to get together. We should have 40+ members there, so it will be a great chance to bounce a few ideas around.

Other ideas are...

1. More video cameras for on bike footage of the rideouts, as this years film was a non-starter TBO .. I'll be sorting a tank mounted digicam myself for next year ;)

2.Some way to identify the tail enders on rideout would be handy, as it was a problem for my group to realise they had been caught and move off in time. This could be sorted by wearing a dayglo sash, sticker on headlight or rubber chicken on top of your lid :lol:

3. Didge to have a private area in the bar, fenced off and equipped with extractor fans. Oxygen bottles, gas masks, NBC suits and emergency evacuation plans stored nearby would also be a sound investment :eek:

Plenty more in the pipeline (as Didge would say) :D

Paranoid Dave
29-09-2004, 08:22 PM
I for one would love a single room - sorry just wanted to get that one in first :)

Gary, what's the matter with live chickens on the helmet? Think about it, any bike that needs to hurry from the back to the front of the pack with a live chicken on top would have to speed up, as they do the chicken (assuming its not facing backwards or covering its eyes with its wings) will no doubt get frightened and start to cluck like f**k. This in itself would be a great early warning system to those in the line that a backmarker is approaching from behind and to move out of the way. At the first hint of the cock-a-doodle-getthefeckouttheway-do, check your mirror for oncoming bike with dayglo rider with **** smeared lid and chicken on top like a poorly designed motrax toy. (note to self, if you squeeze the chicken as you push its bum on your lid will it have the same suction effect?)
You never know the chicken may enjoy the feeling of speed and wind under its wings and realise just how stupid it predecesors were when they decided to give up flight. Personally I'd say tucking their legs in the top of a visor would not be enough to hold them so gaffa tape may be needed.

Gary, i think you may have struck gold with this idea :D

Paranoid Dave
29-09-2004, 08:29 PM
I hereby second the segregated area for didge in the bar, however the smell of a chicked **** covered lit will smell far more fowl. :lol:

I'll get me coat.

Phoenix
29-09-2004, 11:19 PM
I think one of these big greeny blue hairy things would be more appropriate :D

http://www.reviewsontheside.com/reviews/images/monsters_inc.jpg

BoozyBOB
30-09-2004, 01:39 AM
now i have FINALY got online...

i agree with GT on the back marker id...(but not sure where i can find said chicken)
and with the more video organising...(just an idea but could we ask Dennis if one of his copter friends could do some airial work)... :eek: ... i did give all my video footage to Georgio but have had no word(or tape) back..

and will PD be doing the name tag things again...were most usefull when i was so drunk i did not know who i was :lol:

last point...can Fatbloke be there all weekend as he brought the sun... :D

Phoenix
30-09-2004, 07:28 AM
I've got some excellent footage off my bike whilst on tour in scotland, front and rear views after a bit of experimenting. The quality was quite good.
I'll deffo bring my camera this year bike mounted so we'll have some.

With regards to the back marker...when was this required Gary ? On the Sat rides ? I don't recall the sunday ride losing people as the trip was short and Jase on his 125 was the backmaker.

What might be an idea is if the leader and back marker are the only ones on dipped main beam. All other on no lights or all on side. Easily viewable then from quite a distance to keep things moving ?

Ade
30-09-2004, 07:29 AM
I have 5 despatch rider intercoms, 2 with head and mouth sets, Im sure we could have a trial run at front and back marking to see how effective they are, I dont fancy they fowl headgear idea, it will never get off the ground

Phoenix
30-09-2004, 07:34 AM
I have 5 despatch rider intercoms, 2 with head and mouth sets,

:twisted: he he now that could be fun :D :D

Banshee
30-09-2004, 08:42 AM
And more drinkin?

Phoenix
30-09-2004, 08:45 AM
And more drinkin?

Are you going to book into the Mill this time Bansh ? Or the Roebuck ?

logyk
30-09-2004, 11:42 AM
"What might be an idea is if the leader and back marker are the only ones on dipped main beam. All other on no lights or all on side. Easily viewable then from quite a distance to keep things moving ?"

Unfortunately the latest models leave no choice as to lighting ......... dipped main beam is on constantly ....like it or not ! ;)

Banshee
30-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Dunno, will only be stoppin on the sat night, so let the long weekenders get first on mill, would rather the mill.

Banshee
30-09-2004, 12:09 PM
On new bikes ya cant turn the lights off, i'm with the chicken idea (the live one). :twisted:

gary tompkins
30-09-2004, 05:06 PM
With regards to the back marker...when was this required Gary ? On the Sat rides ? I don't recall the sunday ride losing people as the trip was short and Jase on his 125 was the backmaker.

What might be an idea is if the leader and back marker are the only ones on dipped main beam. All other on no lights or all on side. Easily viewable then from quite a distance to keep things moving ?

Saturday rides - er... my only problem was trying to dry out afterwards :(

The Sunday ride (medium fast - on the return leg to the Mill) was where I had problems. I was tail ender and got cheesed off with having to wave markers on before I caught them, and quite often ended up coming to a dead stop or found cars cutting me up as I slowed to a crawl. :mad:

The dipped lights/no lights is a possibility, but I personally ride with lights on dip all the time, and wouldn't want to force others to go without for the sake of identification. I still think a dayglo vest, or "Sam Brown" style belt that the police use would be better, it would also make it easier for the leader to see when the rest of the group & tail end have caught up.

The Goldwing owners club GB have all the leaders, tailenders & marshals on the big 40+ ride outs wearing hi-vis vests with "GWOCGB marshal, tail-ender" etc.. clearly printed back & front.

It may be a bit OTT for smaller groups of say 8-10 bikes, but could be a real help on the bigger 20+ outings, and can also make other vehicles back off and give you a bit more space.

Phoenix
30-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Ahh right. Ok it's something we can look into for the group rides then and all suggestions welcome. Perhaps between us all we can come up with an idea that suits all :) I think the HV vest is useful. Dennis certainly got a few looks on his bike!

I set off before you i think - who took you back..was it Dennis ?

( try as i might i couldn't lose any of mine - they followed or got lost :D )

gary tompkins
30-09-2004, 06:27 PM
I set off before you i think - who took you back..was it Dennis ?)

Yup - Dennis woz our leader :cool:

( try as i might i couldn't lose any of mine - they followed or got lost :D )

Or broke down & rode through hedges? :p

Phoenix
30-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Or broke down & rode through hedges? :p

Shhh i wasn't going to mention that ...you cruel man :eek: ;)

Plum
30-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Anybody riding up from Poole/Weymouth way? If so do you mind a 'tourist' joining the ride? Also, if anybody need a second bod for a room then i am happy to share if it makes things easier. I dont mind if you fart!

Cheers

L

gary tompkins
01-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Also, if anybody need a second bod for a room then i am happy to share if it makes things easier. I dont mind if you fart!

Cheers

L

Didge, it looks like we've found you a room-mate!!!

Me-thinks Plum could live to regret this. Rumour has it Dennis had to re-decorate the room Didge had last year, after all the paint peeled off the walls :eek: :twisted:

Phoenix
01-10-2004, 04:38 PM
Whats the feedback on the competitions too ? Terry - Anyone ?

Plum
01-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Didge, it looks like we've found you a room-mate! Me-thinks Plum could live to regret this, rumour has it Dennis had to re-decorate the room Didge had last year after all the paint peeled off the walls :eek: :twisted:

Oh Dear......To my Wife and Daughter i leave all my...........I can put up with the farting as long as you dont sleep walk or any other weird ****

Phoenix
01-10-2004, 05:24 PM
I can put up with the farting

*s-n-i-g-g-e-r-* have you met Didge ? :eek:

Plum
01-10-2004, 06:33 PM
I have never met any of you crazy people...but im gonna. Told the wife i was away to the monster weekend.........the swelling and bruising has come out but should be gone before the monnie weekend. Surely nobody can be that bad...mind you my fellow room mates who were on my stag in Dam said i was bad.

Didge......let the battle commence!!

Phoenix
01-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Didge......let the battle commence!!

Oh my god :eek: This is gonna be scary :lol:

Zimbo
01-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Possible solution to the sweeper / back marker identification problem, I don't mind sweeping and as I'm on a red SS it should be easy to identify?

Spike
01-10-2004, 09:23 PM
So when can we booy a room then

Phoenix
02-10-2004, 03:02 PM
So when can we booy a room then
I'm sorting out the booking forms as we speak. I should have them avalable for download by the end of next week.

saggio
04-10-2004, 12:18 PM
I know that I promised the DVD of the 2005 event, but new-born baby and work have kept me busy...I am prepared to promise though that you'll have a Xmas present.

Giorgio

Phoenix
04-10-2004, 12:47 PM
new-born baby

Ahh bless...Congrats :D

saggio
04-10-2004, 11:45 PM
thanks, Phoenix.
Worth changing my avatar....

Giorgio

BoozyBOB
05-10-2004, 12:09 AM
congrats Saggio...
not seen you for a while..
(did you do a 2004 DVD?)...will meet you soon to get my pic CD and video..

saggio
05-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Bob, have not started the DVD yet. But now with the help of crappy weather I will sure get to work on it....

Send me PM with your postal address and I will return your tape and CD, I havenearly done copying them.

Giorgio

Collie_dog
05-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Other ideas are...

1. More video cameras for on bike footage of the rideouts, as this years film was a non-starter TBO .. I'll be sorting a tank mounted digicam myself for next year ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=2491973753&category=10066

Try this site looks promising...although i do remember seeing a better one!!

Didge
07-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Didge, it looks like we've found you a room-mate!!!

Me-thinks Plum could live to regret this. Rumour has it Dennis had to re-decorate the room Didge had last year, after all the paint peeled off the walls :eek: :twisted:

Gary, that is a complete distortion of the facts, as you well know.
There was a medium sized damp patch on the wall, and a few splatter marks surrounding said patch. Created when I over did it slightly when peeling off a 'wet one' whilst bending down to peel off my socks.
There was no repainting needed, just a steam clean and a bit of Jayes fluid.

Plum
08-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Hey Didge.....

Im worse first thing in the morning!!

L

sprintbint
28-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Pheonix, may be a slow here but can we have the date for the Monster weekend.

Phoenix
29-10-2004, 04:26 PM
29th April to 2nd May as per the booking forms thread Sprint.

steviej
27-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Any room at the Inn for less than three nights

BoozyBOB
27-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Steve.. you could always camp for the short w/e...(or there is a Travel lodge close..banshee and Elmo stayed at last year)

caro'n'rich
05-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Hi
Having just joined the MOC, been on my first run out (fantastic, if a bit wet by the end, but hey, it was November and we do live in the South West) and really got the geeky bug, I would love to know more about the Monster Weekend:

where is it?
when is it planned for?
If all the rooms are gone can I camp?
How much does it cost?
Who do I get in touch with?
Are there forms to download?
If so where do I find them?

Cheers
Caroline

Phoenix
05-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Booking forms and info here:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=79148#post79148

Rooms are booked but there are some shared spaces available. Camping is £80-£85 per weekend.

We are doing MiniMoto on the Saturday as our day out event.
Bookings will be sorted by end of Jan for that one.

This is a not to be missed weekend :)