PDA

View Full Version : Chop Chop

Funnymachine
27-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Just hard tailed my M600 and added some straight through pipes...

If you are within a 2 mile radius of me you may hear me start it in the morning!

Still handles quite well all things considered...

Tx

http://www.funnymachine.com/ducati270904.jpg

A Yerbury
27-09-2004, 09:31 PM
tail chopped or hard tailed? nice pea shooters btw.
Alex

Funnymachine
27-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Both

285mm steel rod replacing shock

tea tray gone etc

Kev Bunney
27-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Nice shiny new cans BUT c`mon get something done with those pipes they look awful, Solvol and elbow grease did mine !

Pedro
27-09-2004, 10:17 PM
285mm steel rod replacing shock

Errr, can I ask why?

It would concern me a little as the all the shock load is now being transfered directly to the frame and engine (swingarm pivot). There maybe an outside chance that this will damage the cases in the long term.

Ped

Duncan
28-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Errr, can I ask why?

It would concern me a little as the all the shock load is now being transfered directly to the frame and engine (swingarm pivot). There maybe an outside chance that this will damage the cases in the long term.

Ped

Is it 1st April Ped?

Vman
28-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Why not just sell the duke and get something like this.
http://www.harley-davidson-london.co.uk/site/partsserviceims/solombrino2.jpg

Hard tail looks (although its actually a softtail) 300 section rear and straight thru LOUD pipes....

NICE!!!! :D

Fosse Foxfight
28-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Why the f*ck would you wanna hard tail a Monster? Because youre f*cked in the head maybe? :burnout:

You been watching too much American Chopper matey, or your dealers been cuttin your crack with Jif

some people :rolleyes:

still it is a 600, so maybe it needs a hard tail to take that 127mph top speed :p

A Yerbury
28-09-2004, 10:45 AM
lets wait and see funnymachines final product as this is early stages methinks.

hammy
29-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Forgive my naivety, but what is a hard tail? :confused:

Has the shock been REMOVED, thus making the back of the bike "hard"??!! :eek: :eek: Surely not!!

Why, pray tell?

Is it cool, or is it due to some obscure sexual perversion? Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?

David
(still confused) :confused:

nik_the_brief
29-09-2004, 10:01 AM
That's exactly what a hard tail is Hammy although why anyone would want to do it to a Monnie I have no idea.

Especially with the road surface quality in this country - it can't do your nether regions any good at all!!

Having said that it looks very pretty standing still (even if it is yellow), I especially like the pipes and each to his own. T'would be avery dull world if we all liked the same things!! :D

hammy
29-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Fair enough, I'm not taking the p**s! If that's your thing then who am I to argue. I just never knew things like this went on, on Monsters or any other bike for that matter!

How do these things handle? Do they handle? I can't imagine they're much fun blasting round the Yorkshire Dales! Surely any imperfections in the road surface will quite literally bust your balls!! Doesn't the back end just hop & bounce over bumps etc. It must be terrifying, if not difficult to ride??

Once again, I'm not slagging anyone off, just genuinely never realised that this was a modification anyone would carry out. I'm intreaged! Not, I hasten to add, with a view to 'hard tailing' my own beloved Monnie!! Carbon cans & tail chop, is sufficient. . . for now :D :D

David

A Yerbury
29-09-2004, 12:10 PM
normally found on low rider chop style things (hopefully with a nice retro sprung saddle!) Ive had a peek at one of FM s other projects so I suspect he s up to something whacky....

Phoenix
30-09-2004, 08:54 AM
still it is a 600, so maybe it needs a hard tail to take that 127mph top speed :p

http://www.4peeps.com/ivb/html/emoticons/slap.gif

A Yerbury
30-09-2004, 11:16 AM
he s infatuated!

nik_the_brief
30-09-2004, 11:19 AM
True - Yerbs, he just won't let it lie! :eek:

Fosse Foxfight
30-09-2004, 11:21 AM
http://www.4peeps.com/ivb/html/emoticons/slap.gif
Next she'll tell me to turn around so she can hit me in the back of the head :o

Fosse Foxfight
30-09-2004, 11:22 AM
True - Yerbs, he just won't let it lie! :eek:

I would've let it lie!
But she gave her baby booze.....she must have!

A Yerbury
30-09-2004, 11:23 AM
he wants the moon on a stick etc etc etc

nik_the_brief
30-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Ya can't give a baby booze!

Yes ya can - that's what Babycham's for! :D

Phoenix
30-09-2004, 09:18 PM
< fingers in ears >

Ner ner ner ner i'm not listening :p

A Yerbury
30-09-2004, 09:56 PM
now shes in denial...the chemistry! you were made for each other! I can picture you both bickering over speedometers at breakfast............

Phoenix
30-09-2004, 10:16 PM
now shes in denial...the chemistry! you were made for each other! I can picture you both bickering over speedometers at breakfast............

Speedo's don't need rev counters...he'd end up wearing his weetabix :D

A Yerbury
30-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Wearing his weetabix?! my lord you'd be a kinky pair.......

Fosse Foxfight
01-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Speedo's don't need rev counters...he'd end up wearing his weetabix :D
Speedos?.....as in swimmin trunks? :confused: ....wearin Weetabix? as in those synthetic chipboard breakfast biscuits soaked with cow juice n sugar? :( ....nah baby I aint havin you eatin that **** for brekkie I'll wear some prunes and you can wear a nice kiwi fruit salad? :cool:

ta ra me ducks yerbs, briefs and Phoenixs' ;)