PDA

View Full Version : custom tach

stef
24-09-2004, 07:34 PM
I am building my own electronic tach to fit on my 95 m600. It's ready for testing.
I am using the signal from the coil to drive it, and i was wondering if anybody knew if this signal (or any suitable ones) were available nearer the cockpit.
If i was to buy a genuine ducati tach, is the wiring from the coils already in place ?
I noticed two empty slots in one of the connectors near the cockpit. am i right in thinking that this is used by the optional tach ?
help appreciated to get started in the right direction.

Albie
24-09-2004, 08:26 PM
dont quote me but i read somewhere that all monsters without tachos have the wiring in place and i believe its in the headlamp . i read it when a ebay sale for led one and it said it simply plugs in to the standard wiring. hope this helps :D

stef
24-09-2004, 09:56 PM
cheers albie, it's a start. i'll look in there tomorow.

A Yerbury
24-09-2004, 10:16 PM
it does yeah, I saw it in the haynes manual so it must be true! dont see the point of them myself but I like anything diy/bespoke so do post some pictures when you are done.
Ale.x

stef
25-09-2004, 07:50 AM
will do alex, when i finished connecting the tach to the undercarriage neon lights :D :D :D

Spike
25-09-2004, 08:26 AM
I've not long fitted a DP tach on my 900, you pick up the feed under the tank from the right hand coil it plugs in piggy back style, then you just cut into the idiot lights to power your tacho display lights simple really just take your time ;)