PDA

View Full Version : Collies Last Rideout Oct10th (Wickford)

Paranoid Dave
21-09-2004, 10:13 PM
OK then, if the weathers good we'll meet at the **** Turpin from Midday on Sunday 10th of october.
Grub available, and then hopefully a quick ride to the tea shop in burnham for teas.

This is Collie and Fodders last meet in the UK and for most of us the last real meet of the year so be nice to see you all there.

Collie_dog
22-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Looks like it's just going to be you, me and Fods then PD :rolleyes: X

Paranoid Dave
22-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Steveski, drum up the loacls :D

Collie, drag out the souther softies ;)

Richard_S
22-09-2004, 06:56 PM
will chocolate fudge brownies be available at any point during the day....?

will come either way :) if its dry but I am getting rather partial to that sort of thing. its all about cakes.

gary tompkins
22-09-2004, 10:28 PM
You do have a knack of picking dates when I'm busy PD, I'll be at a NABD meeting in Kent that day.

Bugger - would have like to make it to Essex, especially as I missed the last one :(

Spike
23-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Dave twist Julie's arm and get her to bring the midlands mob its not that far. :twisted:

Paranoid Dave
23-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Spike, are you joking? Its only about 170 miles away for you all, and for a 25 mile rideout, but with cakes and puds so probably worth it. I know your bike has a tradition of being there but that don't mean you have to be :lol:

It's the sunday after Collies party so if anyones having a long weekend in the south could do it on the way home? ;)

benson
25-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Well I hope to join in on the 10th but saying that I remain monster-less :( - still waiting for the new wiring loom, 2 weeks on order and here's hoping that it arrives soon...

SO watch the skies for whatever bike I'm on and unless it's snowing I'll try y best to get there!

Rachel

slob
25-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Steveski, drum up the locals

and... have you got your 'rep-pack' yet? 'cos I could use a handfull o' cards if you have... I keep seeing local monsters(outside tesco etc.) and should be enlightening 'em.

STU65
26-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Hope the ride out goes well on the 10th, I can't make it unfortunately would have enjoyed a get out and have a run. Hope to some time soon meet up with some of you Monster owners.

Fingers crossed for no rain on the 10th.

Paranoid Dave
26-09-2004, 07:26 PM
to clarify, the 'run' is only a short distance between wickford and burnham, nice road tho. The original reason for the wickford sunday meets (this is the 4th) was a place to meet, chat and eat, then a small ride to the little tea shop on the river. It's difficult to find a place that the bedford, cambridge, suffolk and essex could meet the london and south regions. Because of the distance travel for some riders the emphasis was on the meet rather than the ride. We did one this time last year so only seems right we do it again and give Collie and Fodder a chance to wave goodbye :( at the same time.

Pub opens at 12, eat and chat for an hour or so, ride round to burnham for a cuppa and (optional) cake :D

daedos
30-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Yes if the bike is back on the road :-(

Banshee
30-09-2004, 09:37 PM
will collie be givin out kisses?
had one from fods (it was ok). ;)

deadley
02-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi only got my m600 recently so I'll try and get there next week as well ,all be it closer to 1.00pm.
hope to see a few of u there

daedos
02-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi only got my m600 recently so I'll try and get there next week as well ,all be it closer to 1.00pm.
hope to see a few of u there

Congrats on your good choice, despite my monster's many I still love the bike. Bellissimmo :)

gary tompkins
03-10-2004, 03:19 AM
PD,

I've managed to off-load my NABD duties on the 10th, so I'll now be able to make the meet at Wickford. Look forward to seeing you all at the **** Turpin at noon :D

Gadget
07-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Will be there. If it is dry.

MilesB
08-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Just been tipped off about this one by GT. Might be up for it, but it's a bit short notice, so no promises yet.

Had to look up a map to find Wickford :rolleyes: (near Basildon - I know where that is)... but I've been along the road to Burnham before - it's the one with all the interesting :D corners isn't it?

So where is this meet at Wickford :confused: - no info at all on this thread.

Miles

Albie
08-10-2004, 11:56 AM
I wiil be there. Just need to confirm meet up with GT. :D

Just cancelled other meet in Hants so make sure the suns going to shine for us. :D :D :p

Melnie Mouse
08-10-2004, 12:15 PM
SORRY, I can't come, I'd love to, but it's the same weekend, that my old school friend is coming down from Sheffield, and she's not been here for 8 years, so am really looking forward to seeing her, sorry..

I wish you both well, and it's been lovely to meet you and have fun going out and stuff... take care, I'll miss your cheery faces xx

Collie_dog
08-10-2004, 12:26 PM
But are you still coming tonight?

gary tompkins
08-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Just been tipped off about this one by GT. Might be up for it, but it's a bit short notice, so no promises yet.

Had to look up a map to find Wickford :rolleyes: (near Basildon - I know where that is)... but I've been along the road to Burnham before - it's the one with all the interesting :D corners isn't it?

So where is this meet at Wickford :confused: - no info at all on this thread.

Miles

Miles,

The meet is at the **** Turpin pub on the A12 at noon 4 grub. After lunch we'll head off the Burnham (along the road with the interesting bends :twisted: ) to a cafe for a pit stop before heading home.

All weather permitting TBO - so fingers etc.. crossed

Hope to see you there :burnout:

deadley
10-10-2004, 02:16 PM
sorry guys couldnt make it done my back in this morning cant walk :(

Albie
10-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Enjoyed today thanks everbody. met some new faces.PD ,Slob and Ade. Nice weather great company and a nice long ride :eek: GT :D with a puddeny tyre :eek: .

Got a bit worried when Simon and Sam dropped out of rear view. Still dont know what happened. Concern made me turn back. Sorry if I split the pack :D .
Have a good life in US the pair of you.

Andy

Fodder
10-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Just got back home, brrrr it's getting a bit cold out there!

Great to see everyone (if it was for the last time) nice bit of riding around some very nice twisties!! And some great grub at the pub...ohh and a nice cup of tea as well!!

Sorry Andy about the disapearing trick, but we where running on vapours and a certain ride leader *cough..PD...cough* kept riding past the only petrol station in Essex without stopping, so we had to peal off and fill up! But you have to admit the ride to catch up with the others was loads of fun!!! :)

Thanks again
Sam*

Albie
10-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Yes it was cold the last bit of ride home. Very windy. :D The twistys were fun apart from soggy tyre. I wasn't worried losing you lot . I was just following the sun home west. Can put Essex on my counties travelled proper now. :D

Bikes away and cup of tea on boil. Still not hungry though. Treacle pudd sorted me out :D :eek:

Paranoid Dave
10-10-2004, 05:34 PM
....but we where running on vapours and a certain ride leader *cough..PD...cough* kept riding past the only petrol station in Essex without stopping

SOrry, I forgot, didn't notice it on the way in (or out) but on the way out i figured we were all splitting anyway ;) thats my excuse anyway.

Nice to see a few new faces, glad it stayed dry even if the wind was a bit strong. As for the crumble and custard, :D :D :D

gary tompkins
10-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Hope everyone enjoyed my senic detour of epic proportions this morning? :o Just put it down to a blonde moment on my part, although I'm still convinced they dismantled the **** Turpin brick by brick, and moved it from the A12 to the A127 :rolleyes:

The blast back from Burnham following PD, with Ade stuck to my tail like an angry wasp was great fun. I think PD's "relaxed potterer" tag has got to go, he was hooning for England today - well done mate :twisted:

As has already been said, a day of great company and nice dry roads. Good to see Collie & Fodder before they jet off to the States, bon voyage and hope you can make it back over for Arrow Mill in May 2005. I stopped on top of the M25 to wave at you after I turned off, but when no one appeared after 5 mins assumed you must have peeled off before J1a?

Hope you get the starter motor fixed GaryN. I'm sure the novelty of bump starting will wear off very quickly, but top marks for making the effort today.

I'm off to surf another custard Tsunami :lol:

slob
11-10-2004, 06:14 AM
I'm still convinced they dismantled the **** Turpin brick by brick, and moved it from the A12 to the A127

nah... it used to be on the A13

Richard_S
11-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Sorry I didnt make it out at all this weekend.

Wish you both the very best.

Richard

Paranoid Dave
11-10-2004, 06:30 PM
The blast back from Burnham following PD, with Ade stuck to my tail like an angry wasp was great fun. I think PD's "relaxed potterer" tag has got to go, he was hooning for England today - well done mate :twisted:

I think you must be mistaken Gary, that wasn't me at the front, can't be, I like to ride nice and gently in a relaxed pottering style ;)