PDA

View Full Version : IOW..Pictures

BoozyBOB
19-09-2004, 08:33 PM
could those who got some pics please post them here as i am still having probs

Thanks to ALL that made this a great day for me... :D
I got to the meet point late.. ;) to find Jmo and her gang getting fuel..
JMo,Rob,Jim,Pedro,Collie-Dog,MartinS4,and 2 surprise visitors Julie and Ruth,and non Monsters,Fodder(ss800) and NBs.(996)..
waiting in the car park was Rich,and a new member Kevin,with his wife Jackie pillion..welcome to UKMOC..
then Natty-Boy and his wife(pillion) Barbara...
and RichardS cought up with us at the Ferry port..just in time... :lol:

Albie
19-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Glad you had a nice time. Would have gone myself had I not been working and am glad the weather was good for you all. Look forward to see the pics soon then. :D

NBs
19-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks lots bob, t'was a great day out. Thanks all for making me welcome on Red Thing, and for letting me ride at the back, and finding me a lovely spot right on the end of the dinner table :rolleyes:

After the first six laps round the island I was getting to know the apexes and turn-in points well enough for a timed lap.... then you go'n spoil it by finding the pub!! :lol:

Met a few peeps for the first time - turns out Ruth really does exist and isn't just Julies imaginary friend! Julie - love your bike, 'twas by far the second best bike there :p

Good luck collie and fodder in the u.s., hope you settle in well.

nite nite all
n

Pedro
19-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Yeah Cheers Bob

was indeed a good day out! Not only did we get a nice lunch, you bought the ice creams (not bad for a jock..... :D) and I got a spin on the Natty machine (it rocks!).

Good to see suc a great turn out too with some new faces as well.

Kevin - I forgot where you got your mirrors from, can you let me know? Ta.

Ped

Melnie Mouse
20-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Glad you all had a nice time...

See you for the next ride.... :) and can't wait to see all your pictures...

Collie_dog
20-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks Bob, it was a great day...can't believe we didn't get home till 9pm! (But i have to admit i was riding like the girl i am on the last bit of road home...complete lack of night vision i'm afraid chaps!!) <--- no difference there then :p But that's what i call a day out!!

It was great to see everyone, and some new chaps! Welcome to the club!! The lunch was fab....and it really wasn't that bad NB sitting at the end of the table with me'self, Fods and Rob?!! ;)

The ice-cream was lovely if not a bit windswept, and it was good to see the chav population of the IOW is alive and well!!!! :D

Thanks to NB and Julie for coming to my rescue after Pootle decided to have a bit of a strop and blow a bulb and a fuse!! And must not forget Rob and his ever trusty tool kit!!!

Was a bit upset at missing out on my last ever chance to purchase a novelty bottle of sand from Alum Bay...humph!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Bob again for the impromptu Rider refresher course - it was a sight to see 15 Ducatis all with the turning circle of an oil tanker attempting U-turns in the back lanes of the IOW!! :lol:

Thanks guys it was fab!!

NattyBoy
20-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Top day out for mrs nattyboys first UKMOC rideout...think she was surprised at the attention/stares we all got from the young and old when we came on/off the ferry and bumbled through villages !! One note of concern is that she mentioned how good collies bike looked with a tailchop..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek: :lol: She thought it was a 'mini monster' "thats a nice little one isnt it...?? :rolleyes: )

Oh...and dont worry Sam, im as crap as you by the sounds of it on the night vision front :lol: You wont get that problem in vegas riding pootle down the strip with all that neon will you ??!

Oh..and you miss Julie..were you chatting my bird up ? :D ...coz she said that your bike was her favourite out of all of the monnies (including mine :mad: !), and I am now getting prompted to put a stripe and numberboard on Brucey boy....!!!

My bike ran like a shed on the way back...probably coz pedro choked it up by riding it so friggin slow..... :lol: ...hes not used to being treated in such a civilized way..! (oh..and he still doesnt know I had his M900 wheel pointing up in the sky behind him does he peeps.. ;) .... :lol: :lol: ).

See you all soon folks..

Nat & Barbs

Pedro
20-09-2004, 12:17 PM
My bike ran like a shed on the way back...probably coz pedro choked it up by riding it so friggin slow..... :lol: ...hes not used to being treated in such a civilized way..! (oh..and he still doesnt know I had his M900 wheel pointing up in the sky behind him does he peeps.. ;) .... :lol: :lol: ).

See you all soon folks..

Nat & Barbs

Mmmm, I had my suspicions you were abusing my bike so I deliberately missed a gear or two on yours!!! If you'vve bugger my chain, you're going be in the smelly stuff.....

Poor night vision - you should try riding the last twenty miles home in the dark with a tinted visor! :eek:

Ped

NBs
20-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Don't worry pedro, it wasn't even a proper wheelie... I mean, we could smell the clutch from where we were standing, and as for the dent it left in the road...

still waiting to see all the photies... Julie? Wherefor art thou Julie?!!

NattyBoy
20-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Dont tell him that NB ;) I had him fired up like a goodun there !!! Only kidding mate.....it was just an ickle floater when I unleashed 75hp off fury onto the tarmac.... :D

Nat

Pedro
20-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Dont tell him that NB ;) I had him fired up like a goodun there !!! Only kidding mate.....it was just an ickle floater when I unleashed 75hp off fury onto the tarmac.... :D

Nat

The only reason I didn't see what you were doing were the sh*te mirrors on yer bike!! How the hell do you see owt through them? Seriously, the S4R is a rocking good bit of kit.

Hope you didn't ripple the tarmac with my rear tyre! :D

Fodder
20-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Indeed, it was a very good day.

Fodder
20-09-2004, 05:08 PM
As you can see......

Fodder
20-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Yum yum and the waffle flowed...........

Fodder
20-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Love the coordinated parking.............

Fodder
20-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Last one for now
Is it windy? .........

BoozyBOB
20-09-2004, 05:45 PM
well done Fodder...
cheers mate

Richard_S
20-09-2004, 06:27 PM
well after nearly missing the boat I had an ace day. kinda strange how much my riding has picked up since Ive started attending these jaunts....give me a few months and and I'll be king of the world!!! Martin - loved that blast back on the M3 as well. A few dodgy manovers but a real treat to end the day with 100+ for 60 odd miles. zoom zoom without the aid of any visor and home by 8.40. Eye of the feckin tiger...grrr.

JMo
20-09-2004, 07:37 PM
As Julie was far to poorly to go into work today (ahem), I'm sure she won't mind me posting a few of her pictures on her behalf...

xxx

JMo
20-09-2004, 07:42 PM
People.....

JMo
20-09-2004, 07:56 PM
And places...

james t
20-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks Bob Great day out, Good weather, Good company, Good food and ices.

Sorry to fodder and collie for blasting past you on the way home but I had to get home as quickly as poss. The mind was starting to drift into neutral as well as the body. Not sure if my night vision is better than some peoples but I do know that road pretty well and I think I was on auto pilot.

See you all again soon.

Regards James t.

Phoenix
20-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Looks like you all had a lovely time :)

Maybe next time Boozy i'll join you ( you know why :( )

Kev Bunney
20-09-2004, 11:05 PM
the Cincinnati kid is green with envy, although I`ll hopefully join in next time, today folks I rode .................................................. ............. a HARLEY :eek:

BoozyBOB
20-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Kev sorry i had your 'bunny' girls for the day...but i returned them as supplied.....
BOLLaX..i loved every minute...as i hope they did

Julie
21-09-2004, 06:04 AM
I agree with all of the above, one big Thank you to boozy bob! What a perfect day!

ruths mother says you are all such luvverley people x

Julie
21-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Oh..and you miss Julie..were you chatting my bird up ? :D ...coz she said that your bike was her favourite out of all of the monnies (including mine :mad: !), and I am now getting prompted to put a stripe and numberboard on Brucey boy....!!!

Hey hey hey!!! fantastic. You have made my day Mrs Natty Boy! Thank you

Ruth
21-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey Boozy,

I had a lovely day and it's true, my mum thought everybody was lovely (i told you she was strange).

Roll on 2005!

JMo
21-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey hey hey!!! fantastic. You have made my day Mrs Natty Boy! Thank you

Just think how much more she would have liked it with a tail-chop too...

xxx

robht
21-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks for organising a very excellent day out Boozy, you even got the weather sorted - and thanks for everyone's good company.

Here are some more snaps...

Sussex gather at Bury Hill:

robht
21-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Sussex Police amass persuit vehicles at Bury hill in the fight against speeding motorcycles:

Fodder
21-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Yep the Sussex police budget was slashed this year and they had to sell the Volvo's and revert to the old models. Luckily they had the high performance panda from the 70's, a capri 1.6L with secret modifications that have only just been made public. These include a twin choke weber, aerodynamic emergency light and uprated drum brakes to cope with the extra power.

:D I was hoping someone had got a piccy of that.

Nice one.

robht
21-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Voyage out...

robht
21-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Ice Cream stop beside the sea:

robht
21-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Last lot...

robht
21-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey Fodder,

You were right, the illumination of the clocks can be adjusted - well I never!
Just as you said - three levels to choose from. Press the right button within 5 seconds of swithing on.

Hands up all those who didn't know that either.....

Thanks for the eDUCATIon!