PDA

View Full Version : Monster 600 for wife

STORMIE
18-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Hello iv'e just bought a Monster 600 dark for the wife.

It's an L reg with 4k on the clock! the only thing wrong with it, its got two little dents in the tank, does anyone know a cheap repair and spray place?.

The other thing is she hasn't passed her test yet!!!!. :burnout:

But with my superior instruction she should have no problem passing :eek:
Oh god what have i done!.

A Yerbury
18-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I will not swap, thank you.

NattyBoy
18-09-2004, 10:58 PM
erm..dont mean to worry you mate but they didnt make darks in that era ?? :confused: :confused:

Cheers
Nat

A Yerbury
18-09-2004, 11:19 PM
so what's an L? 93? If its all tickety boo then trawl mcn or local bike places for repairs , sorry I don't-thankfully! know MK.. most tank repairs are 100-150 depending,and most breakers tanks are 80-170 depending on condition etc etc although monster tanks are not that common. personally assuming the dents havent compromised the tanks structure too much I'd go for a repair/respray with a colour of your own choosing getting fender and cowl done at the same time (go on! it is the only time that one would rationally do it, and a bespoke monnie for an extra 100 quid......? what could be nicer?) good luck.

STORMIE
19-09-2004, 07:11 AM
I know they never made a dark in 1994 over here but this bike was imported from italy,
i've checked the paper work and it say's 1994 m600 dark, as long as all the numbers match up and it goes ok, does it matter, thanks for your imput though as i'm going to investigate this further.

As for the tank i might just get it filled and sprayed along with the other bits.

If i buy some second hand cans for it do i need to adjust anything on the carbs or filter, as with the standard cans on its far to quite.

hog
19-09-2004, 08:58 AM
You are fine to leave the carbs and filter as standard when putting on race cans. I ran for 6 months like this until rejetting.

STORMIE
21-09-2004, 04:30 PM
thankyou for your help hog,