PDA

View Full Version : Early type screens

mick
16-09-2004, 06:41 PM
I have managed to pick up an early type genuine Ducati screen off Ebay..it looks as though the brackets bolt to the top yoke where it holds the top of the fork legs..is this right ? Do i need longer bolts?

Mick

Fosse Foxfight
17-09-2004, 09:20 AM
I have managed to pick up an early type genuine Ducati screen off Ebay..it looks as though the brackets bolt to the top yoke where it holds the top of the fork legs..is this right ? Do i need longer bolts?

Mick

Yup Mick.....think the standard bolt is 30mm, and youll need a 40mm bolt instead.

Sean

mick
17-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks....... i'll take one of the bolts out and source a few longer ones ;)

Mick

crust
17-09-2004, 10:34 PM
You'll need the four longer bolts

you'll also need some short lengths of tube. The standard bolts are countersunk, so the heads are flush with the tope yoke.

If you just use longer bolts then you are bolting up to the thin ring round the edge of the countersink, this could deform meaning you either wont get a tight bolt at the time of tightening or possibly it will deform over time causing the forks to become loose. The short tubes mean that the force is transfered to the flat face at the bottom of the countersink.

If you cant find bits of tubing then you could pack out the countersink with washers.

Hope this makes sense. If not pm me, and I'll try to explain it better.

:) Crust

mick
18-09-2004, 04:54 AM
Thanks for that..yes makes sense to me.I hadn't thought of that... ;)

Mick