PDA

View Full Version : DP Billet indicators

NattyBoy
16-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Thinking of some of the above for my monster..just wondered if anyone used them and what there thoughts were on how bright they were. ?

After my intensive care/helicopter ride to hospital episode ("I didnt see his indicators flashing occifer":mad: - and they were standard 916 affairs)..as you can imagine, im pretty paranoid about having indicators that actually work.

Some of these aftermarket ones are a joke..you just cant see them flash..maybe im getting old but Ill take functional over flash anytime..but then again if I can have both..?? RESULT !:eureka:

Anyway..grateful for any feedback..(even if youd recommend different ones..but bear in mind they have to be ducati fit and not universal.

Cheers
Nat

DesmoDog
16-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Nat, I got some motrax allycators. They aren't billet but they're bright. They also look very nice on the back. Not sure what you mean by Ducati fit over standard - I did have to solder some bullet connectors on, but they look very nice and you can see em!

DesmoDom
16-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Nat,
As you know I put some DP billet indicators on my S4. The problem I had, was they were Ducati fit, but not for a Monster, as the holes for the cable and for the mounting bolt were in different places, so a bit of modification needed to be done to both front and rear mounts.

Baz

p.s. did you send me any emails over the past week ?, been having a few probs with me PC and garbled messages have been appearing in me IN box.
It was only sorted this morning, so hopefully everythings OK now !!!.

NattyBoy
16-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks guys..desmodom & desmodog..good job I aint had a beer or I would be getting confused :confused: :D

DD - They have to be std ducati fit (for the later models) as the trays have 2 hols and a moulded fitting..if you fitted a normal indicator, youd have a big hole in the tray, and the contour of the indicator erm ....wouldnt follow that of the tray..if you know what I mean..!!!!!!!?? :confused: :lol:

Did send you an e-mail Baz to see if you still wanted one of them there DP microfibre polishing cloths..have managed to procure some more ;)

Cheers
Nat

DesmoDom
16-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Yeah Nat, the one's I fitted were the older type, so the holes did'nt line up, but I reckon the later ones will be OK and if the later ones are anything like the ones I have, they're very bright, so they should suit your needs.

p.s. could you email me the details of the cloth again.

Cheers
Baz

norrie
16-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah I know what you mean.
I fitted Rizoma billet ones to Gill's bike and there not very bright especially on a sunny day.
I'm sure the Ducati ones would be better but I'm not sure.

Norrie.