PDA

View Full Version : Bmf

STORMIE
14-09-2004, 05:59 AM
Does anyone know if the BMF is on again at peterbourogh this weekend.

madhatter
14-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know if the BMF is on again at peterborough this weekend.

"The BMF Tail-End Show" is taking place on both days, Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th, from 10.00am - 5.00pm, at the Showground. Adult prices are £8.00 for either day and generally the best bargains are to be found towards the afternoon on the Sunday. There are some other's from the UKMOC planning to go up from around this area (so there may be a car up there, where you could get stuff brought back, if you're lucky).

I don't think I'm going to make it this year. as I attended the "BMF Rally" in May anyway, and I'm at the "Soggy Moggy Rally" on this Fri/Sat/Sun as well (my alcohol/blood count may still be unacceptably high on Sunday morning). :twisted:

Have a good day Stormie!

Mand
14-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Tis true the BMF is this weekend, however to say you get the bargains on the Sunday afternoon is debatable. We went to the Rally in May and most of the decent helmets in a medium or large were sold out, boots in a size 10 were like rocking horse ****!

If you are a skinny minnie or a lard arse you may find something and get a good bargain.

PS I got some cracking gortex trousers for £15 - luckily my fat ass is of some benefit! :D

LAURENT
15-09-2004, 05:45 PM
What is BMF ? I could understand that it is a place selling Bike stuff !
Do they have more choice than what we found in the local shops ?

If yes I may be interested.

Laurent

madhatter
15-09-2004, 06:28 PM
What is BMF ? I could understand that it is a place selling Bike stuff !
Do they have more choice than what we found in the local shops ?

If yes I may be interested.

Laurent

Laurent, the BMF is a huge outdoor bike show held in Peterborough twice a year. Some of the bike manufacturers show off their new models (Honda, Suzuki, Triumph etc), but what attracts most people are hundreds of stalls, which sell everything to do with motorbikes at bargain prices; Helmets, leather jackets, trousers, waterproofs, one piece leathers, boots, gloves, locks, luggage, and a huge auto-jumble for people with older bikes (not S4Rs). It's a good day out for only £8.00.

Why not go with Stormie, I'm sure that you will enjoy it! :D

STEVE.

LAURENT
15-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Stormie

I could go Saturday morning ! by car if weather is bad ! Interested ????

Laurent

madhatter
17-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Stormie, I could go Saturday morning ! by car if weather is bad ! Interested ???? Laurent

Laurent,

Going by car is a good idea.......there are many bargains to be bought at the BMF. In May, I got a set of Oxford Sport Expanding Panniers, which sell in the shops for £120, for only £50. Have you managed to get hold of Stormie by PM to go together.....I can not make it, as I will be drinking lots of beer at a bike rally I am camping at over the week-end. :D

Have a good time.....

STEVE.

Northman1
17-09-2004, 10:20 AM
But please note:

The BMF rally in May is the really big one with lots of stalls and things to do/see.

The BMF Tail end rally this weekend is usually smaller.

madhatter
17-09-2004, 10:27 AM
But please note:The BMF rally in May is the really big one with lots of stalls and things to do/see.The BMF Tail end rally, this weekend is usually smaller.

Yep! Northman is correct, the tail-end is at least half the size, but if you like this one, then the one in May is even better......it's almost time now for me to disappear over to "Wood Green Animal Shelter", for the Soggy Moggy Rally, Northman, if you see a black Monster with twin headlights, loaded up with baggage like a refugee........that'll be me! :D

Northman1
17-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Ahh.. the soggy moggy ..... went there a couple of years ago, good weather, lots of ale!! :-)

Hope the weather picks up for you, grey and overcast at the moment.

madhatter
17-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Ahh.. the soggy moggy ..... went there a couple of years ago, good weather, lots of ale.....Hope the weather picks up for you, grey and overcast at the moment.

Forecast is to "Hiss" down today (probably whilst putting up tent).. :mad: ...then dry with sunny intervals Saturday and Sunday (fingers crossed). Sod it....looks like the beer tent will be the only dry place to hang-out... :D

STORMIE
17-09-2004, 04:15 PM
hello Laurent, and all.

I am giong to my stepmothers for sunday, (she lives around the corner from the showground), i will be with my wife and kids and will try to get over to the show.

i can't go saturday as im working all day.
hope to see some friendly faces there.