PDA

View Full Version : IOW 19th Sept...plan

BoozyBOB
13-09-2004, 02:26 PM
OK folks..just got a call from my contact at Wightlink, she is hoping to pop some discount vouchers in the post to me today... :bunny:
The plan is..
Meet at 'Ower Services' on the roundabout (just off J2 M27) on A3090 (Romsey road) and A36 (Salisbury road)...to set off at 10-10:15..
there is a MacD here so you can get a coffee if early..
could EVERY-ONE fuel up as they arrive and that saves stopping again :eek:

maybee a different route from last year to Lymington for the 11 ferry and then a run around the Island till Lunch...(still trying to get a deal.. :lol: ) otherwise it will be White Mouse again..

This ride will be at local speed limits (:twisted: mostly)..so..
names please... :D

NBs
13-09-2004, 03:20 PM
yay, bob. I'll be there :)

Melnie Mouse
13-09-2004, 03:25 PM
that's funny another bike group is going on the same day, meeting at same services and eating at same pub....

Not sure if I'm going now, as I've got the multi-strada and I have enough trouble touching the floor as it is, so unless I've got my little monster I won't be coming.... :(

Albie
13-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Sorry i cant go, you know I would.

Mel you can borrow mine mate it aint going nowhere. :(

Andy

BoozyBOB
13-09-2004, 04:06 PM
who are the other bike group Mel??...last year there was a BMW group there as well..

Hunny Monsta
13-09-2004, 04:35 PM
who are the other bike group Mel??...last year there was a BMW group there as well..

Sorry for butting in :eek:

My SAM group is going the same day and have booked to eat at the Wight Mouse, so you may want to find another venue for your munchies :p

Have a good time everyone :D :burnout:

Pedro
13-09-2004, 04:36 PM
I should be there weather permitting.

Oi, Mouse! You can chicken out just cos you got a Multistroodle!!! You best be there or I'll set Batty on you!!! Get yer platform boots on!! You can always hitch a pillion if you like....

Be there or else!

Hunny Monsta
13-09-2004, 04:39 PM
I should be there weather permitting.

Oi, Mouse! You can chicken out just cos you got a Multistroodle!!! You best be there or I'll set Batty on you!!! Get yer platform boots on!! You can always hitch a pillion if you like....

Be there or else!

Looks like you got to go now Mel, or your be in for it :eek: :p :lol:

Melnie Mouse
13-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Looks like you got to go now Mel, or your be in for it :eek: :p :lol:

Mmm i'll see - depends on back too :)

Albie
13-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Go on at least you can. I have to work on sat/sun if Im better if not the following weekend. :D

JMo
13-09-2004, 05:26 PM
My SAM group is going the same day and have booked to eat at the Wight Mouse, so you may want to find another venue for your munchies :p

Or we could just rock up together and have big biker fight in the carpark, like they did in the good 'ol days...

xxx

PS. Mel - the roads are so crap on the IOW, the Multistrada would be a positive boon I'm sure... x

Oh, and yes, I'll be there with a (small but perfectly formed) Sussex contingent (Robht and JamesT have said yea so far) - as long as it isn't pissing down...

xxx

NBs
13-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Mmm i'll see

Would a BIG bag of Buttons help you decide??

:rolleyes:

Albie
13-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Maybe Minstrels :D

james t
13-09-2004, 08:50 PM
No bar of choccie for Mel then if she no come to isle of wight.

James t.

Pedro
13-09-2004, 10:53 PM
I think a Cadbury's Twirl might do it if memory serves right.....

:D

BoozyBOB
13-09-2004, 11:21 PM
This was meant to be a new thread for peeps that wanted to go...
as for the SAM...i think Whight Mouse will feed us..and we can ALL have a chin wag....
i did ask for this to be a NAMES PLEASE thread so i can get the discount.... i dont want to Know who cant go..i want those who can...(Jmo and her gang are in..maybe Saz)...so please dont fill this thread with idle chat..i NEED names so we can get discount,,,
mmm..sorry to be bossy..if SAM are at Ower i can give my spare vouchers..
i am also working on a lunch deal in Shanklin... :twisted:

Melnie Mouse
14-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks, Nick, and Albie, and Pedro and James, for offers off choccy, and to you Bob, I really can't give a definate yes to my name coming, for those who don't know, I've slipped a disc in my back, and altho I can't drive, and can ride a bike (he he typical) it still depends on how fit I am.. Although this week, monday and tuesday have been the best days yet and I am now walking fine.. sitting down too long doesn't help it, nor does bumpy roads...

The multi-strada is the best bike for my back so at least I'm riding that, but still not great if I can only just touch floor, and you know how hilly I.O.W is I need long legs!

So thanks for offer off choccy guys, but I really will have to see how I am to say whether or not I can definately come...

Thanks you're all so lovely, that's it's nice you would miss me.. :)

- anyway, where is this 'ower services' place, we not going from ferry port in portsmouth then?

Melnie Mouse
14-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey Bob, you're doing a great job by the way, so thanks for doing so much work in organising this... :) :) :)

BoozyBOB
15-09-2004, 09:54 PM
:bunny: planning is going well .. discount for the ferry arrived today...have to call back to two pubs tomorrow regards a cut price feeding frenzy... :eek: :lol:

is every-one ok with meet point and time??...(Mel i could meet you before and ride there with you..or you could join Pedro with the Sussex gang..)
and i am told the weather will be fine :D ...so lets make it a good turn out...it might be the last for a while.. :eek:

BoozyBOB
15-09-2004, 09:57 PM
:( i have even raided my piggy bank for the Ice-cream fund.. :p

Melnie Mouse
15-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Mmm ice cream sounds good... yes thanks bob, if I can go, I'll meet up with pedro and Jmo.. thanks..

JMo
16-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Mel - Pedro is waiting for us on the bridge over the M27 at J9 from 9.15 (we will probably be there between then and 9.30)...

Bob - two more tickets please - I'm gonna have ma' bitches with me too!

xxx

Julie
16-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Bob - two more tickets please - I'm gonna have ma' bitches with me too!

xxx

woof woof !!!!

BoozyBOB
17-09-2004, 05:58 PM
ok folks i need numbers for Sunday roast..(£5.95)..in a nice pub..
:bunny: wee...hee...IOW here we come... :lol: :twisted:

james t
17-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Roast dinner for me Bob please.

Regards James t.

Fodder
17-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Put us down for two dinners Bob.
The weather looks OK as well.
See you there boys and girls :)

JMo
17-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Ther will be four more (at least) from Sussex too - Robht, Julie & Ruth and myself...

Mmmmmmm, yorkshire pudding!

xxx

Richard_S
17-09-2004, 06:30 PM
me too please. being a lowly batchelor I havent had a roast in years :)

Richard_S
17-09-2004, 06:34 PM
in fact before i start worrying about my stomach are there still tix left?

BoozyBOB
17-09-2004, 08:52 PM
no need to worry about tickets..(i have about 30) :lol:
hope to see you Sunday Richard

rich
17-09-2004, 09:47 PM
ok folks i need numbers for Sunday roast..(£5.95)..in a nice pub..
:bunny: wee...hee...IOW here we come... :lol: :twisted:

I will be there if the weather is ok

Hopefully a new member aswell

see you there Rich :)

NBs
17-09-2004, 09:48 PM
I think you could twist my arm for one of them roast dinners bob!

wltm at J9 bridge too... I'll be loitering there by 9.15.

Pedro
17-09-2004, 11:15 PM
I had two evening meals on the flight back from SA, so I guess one more at lunch wouldn't hurt!

Count me in!

"Two Dinners Ped"

NattyBoy
18-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Sorry to be a shoddy boy Bob..but I havent been checking this thread...was just gonna turn up...

Put me and mrs nattyboy (barbara) down for 2 nosebags (1 vegetarian) if its not too late - seems like you should be OK for me on the ferry ticket side of things ??

Im off back in the garage to try and get these feckin rear footrests on with my termis (not happening at the moment as pedro will tell you.. :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Cheers mate

Nat