PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injection running lean

YourOldNemesis
12-09-2004, 09:15 PM
My 620ie is backfiring into the airbox with annoying regularity. I think it is either due some new spark plugs or is running lean. I checked the plugs and gaps fairly recently so I'm opting for running lean. The other odd thing it does is tick over at 2000 revs when the lcd temp reading is below 100 Deg C and 800 revs when the reading is above 130 Deg C.

I have a couple of questions about this...

1. It may be running lean because the throttle position sensor needs calibrating. As such, does anyone know how to recalibrate this on the M620ie? (I need to know which wires to monitor on the CPU input/output and what the voltages should be etc...).

2. I think it might be running lean because it's getting confused about the temperature - which would account for the tickover strangeness, does this sound likely? If so, is it the sensor on the end of the front cylinder that I should be looking at? Does anyone know what the voltage readings for this should be at a specific temperature so I can test it?

Ultimately, I would really like to get hold of a workshop manual so I can do this stuff myself. Where can I get an M620 workshop manual?

Ta.