PDA

View Full Version : S4 ECU/Cans Question

sidtheparrot
12-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Hello Peeps,

I was thinking of putting some road legal cans on my S4, the ones with removable baffles. Has anyone tried this with the stock filter and ecu?
I would be using the cans without the baffles, so they would be effectively straight through jobbies.
Just wondered if the bike would run badly or even do any damage :eek:

Ta

Chris

Ps Whilst on the subject can the race ecu be bought on its own and at what cost?

Cheers

sidtheparrot
13-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Hello all,

Please ignore the above post as I've just bought myself some new Termi high level carbon cans, ecu and filter (can't wait for the post man to come knockin') :D .
Can anyone tell me if the kit is easy to fit, does it need any more setting up ie dyno time and how does this kit effect the rideabilty, performance and fuel consumption?
I should of asked these questions before hand.....lol :bunny:
I love this S4 to pieces, it's more fun than any Fireblade I've riden. I'm never going back to a jap four again. I'm tryin to convince my blade riding buddies to join me too. :burnout: :bunny:

Pedro
13-09-2004, 10:36 PM
STP

should be a straight bolt on (not too difficult) but it never hurts to get it run up on a dyno just to check

Ped

NattyBoy
14-09-2004, 07:34 AM
If its anything like the kit ive put on my S4R sid..it will run like a nail low down (poor throttle response/snatchy)...BUT will go like a feckin missile when you give it some.

It would seem the ECU needs setting up/synchronising with the injectors/throttle position sesnsor etc...2 hrs labour at a dealers apparently.

Ducati dont tell you that in the DP catalogue when your shelling out over a grand do they ?? You may as well have the original ECU and get them to dial that in.. :mad: :mad:

That said, I know a few of the boys on here have fitted kits with no worries so it may be more of a problem with the S4R (which runs notoriously lean).

Good luck !

Nat

sidtheparrot
15-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info chaps :)

Postie not been yet though :(