PDA

View Full Version : Essex Ambulance ride out to Harwich

STU65
12-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Just got back from the ride out to harwich from the Dunton Ford carpark. It was a great day they believe there were 3500 bikes there I don't know but we did manage to close the A127 and A12 on our way up Harwich.

Unfortunately one chap came off on the A130 bike wrecked leg broken (I think he was ok other than this) but other than that I think everyone else got up there safety. It was really good seeing all the support from pedestrains and drivers alike. Loads of people stopped to see and wave at the riders as they past.

The event was well organised when you got to Harwich everyone one was directed to areas to park.

The bad side was that I did not see another Monster on the ride. Jon did you get to the event? If anyone else did join the ride drop me a line. Maybe you know if the guy that came off on the A130 is ok, I hope so?

Anyway, Well worth considering for next year, I guess it will be on again in 2005.

Have a great week.

Jon_Melson
23-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I made it- with girlfriend ont back! Good fun on the way up- but what a disappointment when you get there... Jesus. A few crappy stalls, a white elephant thingy and overpriced burgers. Dancing girls were cute though...

I wasn't expecting miracles, but there really could have been more there. A few more merchandise stalls, other dealers/manufacturers, event t-shirts- all the usual paraphanalia. Oh well. Hat's off to Goldwing guys and the organisation. Top men.