PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy dealings....

benson
11-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Here I am a week without the monster and a call from Daytona seems to impy that On Yer Bike have butchered my electrics, nearly two years ago, by putting in the alarm and manking up (technical term) the wiring...

:mad: I am going in this morning to take photos - they are adamant that poor workmanship is the cause and claim that the alarm was put in so badly it all but severed wires in the main loom which now has to be replaced. They are prepared to do the loom, but not the labour, under the warranty as this is apparently caused by crap work from OYB.

I am about to go visit with the camera and begin my protest. They are also very critical of the way the power commander was put in by Dave Wood - oh dear.....

Just thought other peeps should hear about this in case this happens to you!!!! :confused:

All letters of commiseration gratefully received. What dodgy Ducati electrics???

Spike
11-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Things like this leave me speechless, will Daytona put this in writing to assist with your discussions with OYB.

spacemonkey
11-09-2004, 11:30 AM
This is a change-normally it is Daytona's work that is criticised by other shops!!

benson
11-09-2004, 02:41 PM
I know - Daytona have however always done a good job for me on my bikes but I know that everyone has a different sotry to twll. Thing that gets me is the fact that someone would willingly and knowlingly do a crap job on a bike! I will be taking this up for sure with OYB and with Ducati UK to see if anything can be sorted somehow I think it'll be a game of ping pong between letter writers but then again the MAG might come in useful if I don't get a result and Daytona aren't telling porkies!!! Thanks for the sympathy, but I'd do anything to get the duke back on the road...Saying that I wouldn't necessarily bo going to the PYB open day tomorrow !!! :D