PDA

View Full Version : Ace Cafe Events

madhatter
08-09-2004, 06:49 AM
It's Italian Night at the Ace Cafe, this Thursday 9th September and the weather forecast for Thursday is hot, hot, hot, in readiness for showers and rain to return over the week-end.

So.....Stormie and I are planning to meet up fairly early, around 6.30 and ride down to the Ace together, making the most of the last rays of sunshine. :D

If you fancy a ride down to view some exotic Italian motorbikes, let me know.

I will also keep this thread open for any future Ace Cafe events.... :burnout:

peteS4
08-09-2004, 06:58 AM
i've been asked to post this for both me and chappers........... we cant make it............. many reasons but main one is money............... i should be driving a wagon that evening and shes coming along for the ride,........... stop for a coffee............... find a quiet layby.................... nudge nudge wink wink................. then maybe have a smoke............. a little conversation..................... so sorry but we cant make it thursday............... not because we dont want to but cos i'm skint and need to earn some pennys

madhatter
08-09-2004, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=peteS4]I've been asked to post this for both me and chappers....... we cant make it....I should be driving a wagon that evening and shes coming along for the ride..... find a quiet layby.....nudge nudge wink wink......[QUOTE]

:eek: :eek: Too much detail! Too much detail! :eek: :eek:

I don't surpose by any chance your wagon could be going anywhere near the north circular and Wembly around 7.00?? :rolleyes:

Pity, if the weather is as good as forecast, a lot of the old classic Italian bikes will have their dust covers removed and their owners will lovingly ride them into the Ace....should be good. :D

If not, I'll see you two either at On-Yer-Bike or in one of the numerous laybys on the way to Aylesbury as I blast pass!!! :twisted:

Chappers
08-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Sorry guys, as you can see I can't make it now as Pete is working late and is skint.

What's this about a ride, coffee, layby? :rolleyes: I'm not sure what time I'm gonna be finishing work, so may not be able to take you up on your ride...or go out in your wagon :lol:

madhatter
08-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Sorry guys, as you can see I can't make it now as Pete is working late..... :(

OK, I'll see you both at the "On-Yer-Bike" day on Sunday 12th anyway (see National Events for details of routes and meet-ups). :D

Weather at the moment looks a bit grim, but lets hope they get it wrong or Fatbloke will be putting his new waterproof jacket through a water-endurance test! :lol:

We could have an excellent turn-out of Monsters for this one, reading all the posts from other counties.....hope they've got enough room in the car park!!!

LeMarsu
08-09-2004, 03:58 PM
just had a look at http://www.ace-cafe-london.com couldn’t find anything about Italian day/night on the 9th September.

gary tompkins
08-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Sami,

Try this link...

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/f1.htm

Pick the "special operations" button from the side bar, and scroll down to the special monthly meets section. The Italian night and NABD meets are listed on the 2nd Thursday of every month.

Hope to see you there :burnout:

madhatter
09-09-2004, 11:30 AM
...Try this link...http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/f1.htm...Pick the "special operations" button from the side bar, and scroll down to the special monthly meets section....

Well the weather is still warm and sunny here at work in Herts and the forecast is good for tonight, so there is a good chance that the dust-covers will be coming off some fairly exotic italian motorbikes down at the Ace tonight! :lol:

I'm riding down with Stormie at the moment from Beds and Bucks (last call for anyone interested to either come or meet us down there). :burnout: :burnout:

Benson, Slob, Daedos59 and Gary Tompkins look like they're coming from Essex. :D

Anyone else planning on going straight there? Hampshire? Surrey? etc?

gary tompkins
10-09-2004, 07:45 AM
I didn't make t untill just after 9pm in the end, and must have missed you all. There was still one monster left in the car park - a red 620 I think but missed the owner. Saw one other monster just leaving and waiting at the lights as I approached the cafe, but the place was nearly empty by 10pm last night.

Oh well never mind :rolleyes:

madhatter
10-09-2004, 07:45 AM
I was at the Ace but didnt get there until just after 9pm, as I had an errand to run near home earlier. Saw one monster just leaving at the lights when I turned off the A406 and another red (possibly 620) in the car park, didn't manage to track down the owner though. I guess the rest of you must have left before I got there?

Everyone seemed to bugger off really early last night - the place was empty by 10pm :(

Stormie and I rode down from Flitwick at about 6.00 to get there for 6.30 (time for a beer and an all-day-breakfast). We had the two black Monsters parked between the red 620 and the classic MV Augusta 750. Slob was on his Monster dark parked next to the MV and another guy came on a Senna S4 who I spoke to about joining up with the UKMOC, but I still haven't received my cards yet from Terry.

Stormie and I left at around 8:45 to come back up the M1, so maybe next time we should all try to agree on a rough arrival time, so we get a chance to meet-up. I

I'm off to the On-Yer-Bike day on Sunday. Are you planning on dropping in on the Sunday on your way back from the NABD rally(I was going to the NABD Rally, but my mates couldn't make their minds up in time)?

gary tompkins
10-09-2004, 03:30 PM
To be honest the earliest I ever manage to get to the ace (due to work etc..) is about 8.30pm, so would have been lucky to catch you anyway. We will be at the NABD rally, but I won't be able to make OYB I'm afraid.

daedos
10-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Does anybody have any pictures from the night? I'm really disappointed I couldn't go but had a slide on the bike on Wednesday. If you do can you post em here or PM me and I'll give you my email addie. Ta

madhatter
11-09-2004, 02:19 PM
I took a few photos of some of the other Italian bikes (MV's Laverda's etc), I'll try to get them on early next week. Off to On-Yer-Bike Sunday and about to go out for a blast today before the rain sets in..... :burnout: