PDA

View Full Version : oil temp sensor faulty

mj02yak
01-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Had my monster 620 (2002) for 4 weeks and my oil temp reading does not seem to work anymore.
Is it likely to need the sensor replacing, all i get on the reading is --- how ever long i am riding for.
Where is the sensor mounted?
How easy are they to replace?
Any idea of cost?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers

Scotty
01-09-2004, 07:44 PM
well i bought one the other day
and i dont think i need it
cost 13.07
13 mm spanner to whip it out and put the new one in before all the oil pissis out all over the floor its the right hand side of the engin at the bottom in the middel just front of the clutch caseing should be a single wire going to it

Julie
01-09-2004, 07:50 PM
I had a problem with mine the other week, Ducati sent me one for free because my bike is still under warrenty.

Phone your dealer and tell them to send you a new one, they are so easy to fit even a GIRL can fit one.

pete
01-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Obviously not the most reliable part on the 620 cos I had mine replaced under warranty last year... Mine was actually reading very nice and warm when it was stone cold :rolleyes:

Scotty
01-09-2004, 07:54 PM
might want a new washer an all

Julie
01-09-2004, 07:55 PM
tis true pete, the guys at ducati lincoln told me they get through loads of the things cause they are one of the first things to go on a ducati.

Scotty
01-09-2004, 07:58 PM
think il persist in my shiney aftermarket temp sensor
its never easy has a different thread :( grrrr

Will
01-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Had my monster 620 (2002) for 4 weeks and my oil temp reading does not seem to work anymore.
Is it likely to need the sensor replacing, all i get on the reading is --- how ever long i am riding for.
Where is the sensor mounted?
How easy are they to replace?
Any idea of cost?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers

Mine did the same on my 620 after the first 600 miles service. The problem was caused by the little spade connector coming loose. It is situated just below the oil-level glass on the right hand side of the engine (when sitting on the bike). Just pull back the rubber boot and push the connector back on to the circular end of the oil temp sensor.

This is a common problem!!

Will

mj02yak
02-09-2004, 10:06 AM
cheers for that guys & gals
stuck in work at moment but goner change it later . see if it makes any difference
:)

MotoNik
02-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Might be worth checking the connection. The one on my SS doesn't work from time to time, but it's due to the spade connector being a little on the loose side.

Nik