PDA

View Full Version : **** Turpin, Wickford

slob
31-08-2004, 08:03 PM
So the forum goes down on Monday...no contact with anyone...
got home earlyish Tuesday, so went to Wickford on the off chance...
Weather = PERFECT
200 bikes only 1 monster(2 if you count the rider)
where are all you Essex boys and girls????

Paranoid Dave
31-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Are you essex bods doin a sunday munch at the turpin followed by cuppa in burnham again this year. Normally it's been my (feeble) attempt to organise but now there's an Essex section.... Would we get a decent* turnout?

* better than last time. :confused:

daedos
31-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Went to Maldon quay instead, was near DT aroung 9.30pm on the way (ish) home. Plan to go to Ace Cafe next Tuesday (mate has 900SS)

SteveSki
01-09-2004, 08:18 AM
Sorry about last night everybods, after a real dodgy ruby Monday night (and probably the drinking from Friday till ruby) I was talking to god on the great white phone. I was trying to get on the site yesterday so I could at least organise something for everyone but it was down all day from what I understood.........(a bad workman........)

At least we know the DT is still up and running but maybe we can do a run like PD suggested this sunday?
Let me know the thoughts?! :lol:

Ride fast, be safe.

Steveski

slob
01-09-2004, 09:14 AM
...maybe we can do a run like PD suggested this sunday?
Let me know the thoughts?!
Sorry...working in Birmingham this weekend, and I'm only quitting this job Friday pm. How about putting an email list together Steve, that way you won't be reliant on the forum being up?

SteveSki
01-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Sounds good to me mate, but how do I do it?

slob
01-09-2004, 09:40 AM
best have a word with one of the other area reps and find out how to get into Essex folks details. I'll PM you my email and Mobile in the mean time

SteveSki
01-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Ok well i'm waiting for the stuff to come through from The Godfather so i'll try and sort some outings!
Hope all is well

Steveski

Paranoid Dave
01-09-2004, 06:25 PM
If you want to do a sunday meet and cuppa, look through the local areas and make sure date's don't clash. Post up details on all the local region threads for those that only read their own region. Give as many weeks notice as you can for forward planning and then nag nag nag nag nag people into coming over for a meet and a chat. :D

Had 20 odd before but it's all in the promotion. Over to you :lol:

benson
01-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Hello Hello - me again and yet again the monster is off the road :mad: - what bloody electrcial problems??? Thanks slob for the sympathy - apparently there are other bikes of a similar age that Daytona have had in on warrnaty with similar problems - maybe my bank manager is really secretly in control of the bike knowing just how much money I've spent on the suspension.... :confused:

However, the beasty is booked into Daytona on Monday so hopefully will be back on it before tooooooo long - one month left on the warranty and the paranoia is setting in... :eek:

Meanwhilw SUnday lunch sounds good - I have to be back here late afternoon but the DT would be good at say 1.30 PM that is if you can stand the fact that it won't be an Italian bike - I'll park elsewhere and hang my head in shame... Shall we make a SUnday lunch a regular thing or maybe a week night? WOuld be nice to meet up even if the nights are drawing in etc etc...

Hope everyone is well and safe and happy!!!!

R :D

STU65
03-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Steve please add me to the email list, if you need me to send it through let me know.

By the way not sure if anyone is interested out there but theres a ride out on the 12th Sept in aide of the Essex air ambulance. The rideout is off to Harwich. It starts from Dunton the Ford design centre, Its a fiver. If anyones interested just come down it kicks off at 11:00 but you can get to Dunton after 8:30. Just in case your an early bird. The details are all below. I hope to be there may see you there!

http://www.thisisessex.co.uk/essex/local_interest/air_ambulance/bikerun2004.html

benson
05-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Next SUnday sounds tops - a good cause and a good route. If I have the bike back I'll join you all being well. If not then have a great day,
R

Jon_Melson
05-09-2004, 05:29 PM
This looks like the most recent thread- so I suppose I'll jump in here.

I don't use a PC at work, and try to avoid these ******* things wherever possible. I don't really have a great deal of free time, but that I do have is usually spent having fun- not trawling through websites or forums.

With so many different threads it becomes hard to know what is going on, where to look, or who to reply to. I'm definately up for trying to get out for a blast as often as possible- but I have to spend half an hour researching it!

It's crazy!!!

I'm not an Itallian bike fantatic, i'm not even a ducati fan to a great extent, but I do have a big, shiny, red monster that I like to thrash the nuts off.

C'mon guys- you can't go 'riding' at sociable hours, there's far too much traffic. Sunday mornings, 8am. That's where it's at. Get up, get your fix, still get a day.
Anybody with me???? Mobly is 07761 955952
:twisted: LET'S HAVE IT!!!!!! :twisted: