PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room

pooh
25-08-2004, 08:54 PM
How does the chat room work I can get in and people can see im there but how do you enter the conversation.

Ian

A Yerbury
25-08-2004, 09:01 PM
dont know? I've pressed the room button thing a few times but got buggerallski, still, I don't think its for me as I eschew "chat" on the whole (anbd donbt typoe very wellll quickluy eiuthert)

Pedro
25-08-2004, 09:49 PM
When you're logged in, place your cursor over the orange bar at the bottom and you can type - hit submit when your ready/

Ped

Kev Bunney
26-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Sounds easy ! BUT, I get the boxes, but out of 3.7 million tries have only twice got a cursor ! and on one of those occasions got told to "Hiss off" needs sorting, (or I do) !!

berto
20-10-2004, 07:17 PM
:rolleyes: Doddle click on the solid bar at the bottom of the page and hey presto!!

stuart
23-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I've been doing this Internet thing for nearly 10 years now and I've never found a chat room that works well via a web browser. IRC is too geeky (or cliquey) for novices so I'd suggest MSN Messenger or something like that if you want to chat.

You can even add your MSN, AOL Messenger, Ichat, ICQ info into your user control panel so you can be contacted directly from the site. If you don't know which one to get you can use Trillian which allows you to connect to MSN, AOL, ICQ and Ichat.

FB already uses messenger to bug me when something needs doing on the site (only joking Tel;-))

Anyway hope this helps anyone out there chasing the holy grail of a web based solution. And if anyone finds one let me know.

All the best,

Stuart

fatbloke
23-10-2004, 04:21 PM
FB already uses messenger to bug me when something needs doing on the site (only joking Tel;-))

Cheeky get!! its only been about 29 times this week!!

gary tompkins
23-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Am I being thick or has the chat room button recently dissapeared from the forum? :confused:

fatbloke
24-10-2004, 08:03 AM
After a long chat with Stuart we decided it was more trouble than it was worth so it is no more

Richard_S
24-10-2004, 02:58 PM
thank christ for our democratic world

berto
24-10-2004, 05:56 PM
:mad: Bastard I liked it!!!!

pooh
24-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Typical of the lack of diplomacy in the club.

Ian

fatbloke
24-10-2004, 08:24 PM
we are looking into finding a chat room that will actualy work properly the last one
caused a few problems within the site and many members could not access it.
I'm sorry if you think we are being undemocratic but I for 1 would be as chuffed
as a chocolate if we found an effective chat room.

Lady-Bob
16-11-2004, 12:44 PM
I'll stop searching all over the place for the chat button now.... someone could let everyone know a bit sooner. I feel a right plonker for endlessly searching for something I'd never find!!!! :mad:

dukerider
09-08-2009, 02:14 PM
shame chat room gone :(
I've been looking on google for an irc chat room for bikers but see very little.
So i've made my own for now #bikers on irc.quakenet.org

Using mirc from mirc.co.uk will work and just do /server irc.quakenet.org to join the right network and then /join #bikers to join the channel.

Will see if anyone joins - cya there!