PDA

View Full Version : Meet points for Southern regions, for Popham, bank hol Monday

CK & AK
23-08-2004, 07:46 AM
KENT: Albie/Tom Stack to arrange meet point at Oakdene Cafe, in time to ride up to meet Surrey at Newlands Corner.

SURREY UKMOC & DSC to meet Newlands Corner (A25, just South East of Guildford & west of Dorking) from 8am to leave by 8.30am prompt (yes, you did read that right!) for Alton Station. Please note the cafe will not be open. Led by CK. We will stop for fuel if necessary, on the A31 just before Farnham.

SUSSEX UKMOC & DSC meeting point to be posted by Psychlist & JMo, but aiming to arrive by 9.15 at Alton Station, to meet with Hants, Surrey & Kent.See Sussex section. Led by Psychlist.

HANTS UKMOC & DSC to meet Alton Station car park from 9am - to leave as massed southern counties group for Basingstoke AT 9.30 prompt.
Final stretch led by Psychlist to Basingstoke, to meet with Herts/Beds/Bucks & Berks for final ride-in to Popham.

BEDS/HERTS/BUCKS UKMOC & DSC Meet Wheels International at Hockliffe on the A5 - 30 miles south of Towcester. Leaving at 8.30. Destination Basingstoke for massed ride-in.
2nd Meet point (pick-up only, not waiting: Meet at Stadhampton( BP Services?) @ 9.30 (suggest waiting from 9.15 to be on safe-side). This is before they turn to the left at Shillingford & pick up the A329.

ESSEX Lazy lie-a-bed region: Meet at 10am at the BP Garage, Boreham (Chelmsford North)Services, north of Chelmsford just off the A12
http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=11591

Massed clubs ride-in:- Leaving Basingstoke 10.30. Arrive Popham 11am

Ducati Tour bus is on site at Popham airfield, plus lots of bike club stands & bikes on show. Stalls too as well as other entertainments.

None of the meet points will be open for a cuppa, so bring a drink with you & cross your legs till you get to Popham!! :D

Please note: £2 (or is it £3?) entry fee to get in this year. Have change handy!

pete
23-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Where is the meet point in Basingstoke ? - all being well I'm hoping to come along Monday and Basingstoke would make the most sense for me... Any Berks/Oxon folks out there going down ???

Cheers,

Pete

CK & AK
23-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Basigstoke meet point:

"If my memory serves me well there is a car showroom place on the left as you go into Aldermarston Rd South which is on the South side of the roundabout - its a little dual carriage way and on the opposite side is a Shell garage . Plenty of room for meeting up - although last year cos of the bikes we did take the lime light from the Car Showrooms who asked us to politly move on. 4D"

Hope you can make it Pete - I'll try & add a streetmap link later.

C

psychlist
23-08-2004, 11:44 AM
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=462705&Y=153335&A=Y&Z=2

CK & AK
23-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Fanx Psy - but couldnt get anything on the page when opened it :confused:

C

psychlist
23-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Works alright for me, just copied it across from here
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=8798
you can try looking it up from there instead?
:confused:

CK & AK
26-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Right, that looks like at least 8 definates for Newlands, and 5 'possibles' so far........working out at 50/50 UKMOC & DSC at present..

Beds/Herts lot looking to be quite a lot so far....

Sussex also now looking busy too.

C :cool:

Albie
26-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Does that include me ? :D

Ruth
26-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Coooooo-eeeeeee, me and Jue would like to come along. Will there be anybody else meeting here......

2nd Meet point (pick-up only, not waiting: Meet at Stadhampton( BP Services?) @ 9.30 (suggest waiting from 9.15 to be on safe-side). This is before they turn to the left at Shillingford & pick up the A329.

.........or will you at least all be passing by/stopping to re-fuel?

I've never been to Stadhampton, but it looks like the best place for us to meet up with folk. Is the BP station there easy to find? Fingers crossed that there will be lots of friendly monsters for us to ride on with.

Thank yoooooooo

Ruth & Julie
xx

CK & AK
26-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Best keep an eye on the thread here chaps!

http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=11274&page=#pid96609

Will keep you up to date for any last min changes.....

C :)

Pedro has kindly offered to be on 'traffic control' again this year - cheers Pete! (hope you can find a like minded looney to join you!....now what was I going to be doing.....mmmmmm)

CK & AK
26-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Does that include me ? :D

Albie - as you are such a 'county vagrant' - it wouldnt suprise me to see you ride in from Cornwall! :D :D

Who are you going to inflict yourself on then? :rolleyes: :D

C :burnout:

Ruth
26-08-2004, 12:16 PM
cheers ck!

I know how to get to oxford the pretty way, so i thought the stadhampton meeting point would be our best bet. Hope that's ok with the DSC?

Looking forward to it!

Albie
26-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Was thinking about coming in from the north maybe via Bucks from my sisters then across to wales then north cornwall then up to popham :eek:

CK & AK
26-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Ruth - DSC are nice peeps, so no probs there (as long as riders get out of 1st gear... excepting 999's!! :D )

Albie - nutter! - you better sort Kent meet point out, as Tom seems to be AWOL at the moment.

Top post updated for regional meet points.....& entry fee.....

C

Albie
26-08-2004, 12:46 PM
I only lodge in Kent. :rolleyes: My life is anywhere else where fun is. :D
I wont be in Kent on Monday probs anyway :eek:

Richard_S
26-08-2004, 01:33 PM
can someone give me some directions for newlands corner from egham area?

had a look at the map in the surrey forum but would like to avoid too many bland m-ways!

cheers :)

CK & AK
26-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Egham, Sunningdale, Chobham, Woking, (6 cross roads) through Maybury, Old Woking, Send, Clandon, Newlands.
Try AA route Planner - might help for you too Richard.

Cheers,

C

NattyBoy
26-08-2004, 02:20 PM
See you folks there..DSC have asked if they can have my 888 on there stand so ive gotta be there for 9..

Cheers
Nat

Albie
26-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Deservedly Natty :D :D

CK & AK
26-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Surprised you aren't trading out of your van too over the w/end natty.... :D

C

NattyBoy
26-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Who said I wasnt Charlotte ?? :D :lol: Hmmmmmm..trailer hire ??!! :confused: :twisted:

Thanks Albie...looking forward to showing her off ! (havent ridden it since silverstone :eek: ) ... especially as I picked up the SP5 single seat unit from the painters yesterday ... just gotta get time between looking after these kids to get the damned thing fitted ! :mad:

Nat

Albie
26-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Are you taking the s4r as well then??

See you there my friend :D

NattyBoy
26-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Alas no mate.. :( hes all dressed up with no-where to go ! (although he did have a good bask in the sun at the bristol show last saturday so im sure he wont mind too much !!)

Nat

Albie
26-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Do you want me to take him for you :D Poor thing prob loves going out meetin people. :p :D :twisted:

pete
26-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Coooooo-eeeeeee, me and Jue would like to come along. Will there be anybody else meeting here......

.........or will you at least all be passing by/stopping to re-fuel?

I've never been to Stadhampton, but it looks like the best place for us to meet up with folk. Is the BP station there easy to find? Fingers crossed that there will be lots of friendly monsters for us to ride on with.

Thank yoooooooo

Ruth & Julie
xx

I'm wondering if they mean the BP garage/services on the A4074 just North of Benson. This is not far from the R/B where this road joins the A329. If it is that one (guess we should try and get some clarification) then coming from Oxford on the A4074 you can't really miss it (left hand side) off of a roundabout.

If the weather is OK and I manage to kick myself out of bed early enough I'll probably try and meet up there rather than in Basingstoke. If it isn't the right garage then I guess I'll have a lonely ride on my own :(

Cheers,

Pete

Richard_S
26-08-2004, 04:09 PM
thanks Charlotte ; if P&H finish up on time I'll see you Monday :cool: