PDA

View Full Version : Wye Valley again this Tues 24th August

Duncan
22-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks to mother nature, it pissed down last week and the Wye Valley evening run was cancelled.
So its back on for this Tuesday.
(Weather permitting)

Departing times a bit earlier.

6.45 Downend Shell
7pm - Roundabout on the motorway / Severn beach road by Severn View services. This is just off Junc 1 of the M48.
7.15pm - Chepstow race course
8pm - Wye Not Pub at Symonds Yat

herbie
23-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Maybe ?????

See what the weather does.....

herbie

JR
23-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Dunc,

Like last week I think it will be a decision at the last moment - the forecast is for the showers.
After todays downpour anything could happen !
Fingers crossed for 7pm at Aust.

JR

JR
25-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Yet again another great evening ride by the Gloucester Monsters. (All two of us) Brilliant timing by Herbie who arrived at the Chepstow junction just as we did. Only 2 Ducatis (not Monsters) turned up at the Wye Knot Inn,but after a pleasant evening we headed home rather briskly. Duncan and I topped the evening off with a full bore assault over the old 7 Bridge - a lane each and an empty bridge - we must have touched 70mph at one point!

JR

Duncan
25-08-2004, 07:48 PM
but after a pleasant evening we headed home rather briskly. Duncan and I topped the evening off with a full bore assault over the old 7 Bridge - a lane each and an empty bridge - we must have touched 70mph at one point!

JR

You may have noticed I was trying to do the Wye Valley without braking on the way back hence the very smooth progression in the dark and damp conditions. There must have been rain while we were in the pub as it seemed a bit damp.
Severn Bridge was great and soooooooo quiet, the peace only shattered by 2 Monsters being allowed to breathe fire.
As soon as you peeled off at Aust, the heavens opened and I got soaked.

Great night out though and just to think we could have been sat at home moaning about the weather. :) :) :) :) :) :)