PDA

View Full Version : Check your Battery!!!!!!!!!!

br1an
22-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Got my bike out before to give it a wash and a quick check over when I noticed some furring of the bolts on the left hand side of the engine!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
The battery must have just started to leak a couple of days ago, I gave it a good wash over and there appears to be no long term damage, but it's a reminder to all you folks with a 2 year old Monster to check the condition of your batteries as it could turn out to be an expensive repaint off your engine and frame.

Bry... :rolleyes:

Pedro
22-08-2004, 10:25 PM
The numpty that had mine before I bought saw fit not to fit a breather pipe to the battery so I have a nicely scorched frame and rear cylinder.....

Ped

daedos
23-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Pedro - mine too, no wonder the fluid level was left low

Dave in USA
23-08-2004, 02:47 PM
BR1AN...and other's....you may be interested to hear that this has been a major problem over here, in fact, Ducati North America (DNA) got involved....there is a 42!!! page thread on the subject Battery Problems...... (http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=forum1;action=display;num=105623801 9;start=0)

br1an
23-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Hi Dave
Saw that thread a few months ago and never thought it would affect a UK bike. :(
Do you know which is the exact battery you need to replace it with. Is it a yuasa???

Bry...still waiting for my corse tank from the painters. :rolleyes:

PaulS
23-08-2004, 05:45 PM
I believe the recommended replacement is a Yuasa YT12B-BS from the posts I've read about the S4 leaking battery saga.