PDA

View Full Version : Bedfordshire Areas Meet

madhatter
20-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Hi Chris,

Good to meet up with you for a short blast last night, including the one-wheeled portion, and to finally see the inside of your garage....love that little Moto Morini....I'll put a rain check on the offer to take the KTM for a blast until I have suitable body armour and a first aid kit to hand!

We mentioned the possibility for a Beds Areas meet-up next week on either Wednesday 25th or Thursday 26th (t.b.a on which-ever day is forecast to have the better weather), at the Embankment Hotel in Bedford around 7.30pm.

Who out there in the distant wild reaches of the areas would like to meet up next week and does anybody have a particular day that they can't make on the above two days?? It's about time we got together again for a beer and a chat!!

Chris
20-08-2004, 09:01 AM
I can't make Wed, but Thursday might be OK for me.

elaine
24-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Have been in hols but it looks like the summer continues to decimate the Bedford Monsters ( and Aprillias).

Only realised that the 25th is tomorrow so can't make that but will try for Thursday. Bit frightened to bring my baby out tho.

Must tell you my story of the motorcycling nun I met last week when we meet up.

Mumsie

madhatter
25-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Must tell you my story of the motorcycling nun I met last week when we meet up.....

Ok, so it looks like the Bedford meet-up will be Thursday 26th Aug, 7.30pm, at the Embankment Hotel in Bedford. The forecast at the moment is for Thursday to be a bright and dry day (keep those fingers crossed)! :D

At the moment it looks like being just Chris, Elaine and myself, is anyone else coming over for a drink and a chat about monster modifications, future events, crashes, insurance claims, break-downs, white paint and Nuns on motorbikes?? Please drop a thread on this post and let me know. :D

If you're from another area and want to pop over please feel free. I know Clophill has not been a good venue for the last couple of weeks, but this Hotel is right on the river in Bedford and is a nice place to stop and catch up on what's happening. If anyone want's to meet up with me and have a short blast over to Bedford let me know and I'll arrange to start from the Ampthill/Flitwick Shell garage..."mine's a pint of diet coke with lemon".. :burnout: :burnout:

peteS4
25-08-2004, 08:13 AM
i'll bring hayley over in the car,........... see you there

Chris
25-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Sorry guys and gals, I now have another commitment at 8:00 on Thursday, so won't be able to make it. Next time.....

The Kevlar Kid
25-08-2004, 11:08 AM
If I can get out of work at a reasonable hour :mad: , Mags and I might be there if its still on.

madhatter
25-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Keep an eye on this thread Kevlar, as I said, the weather forecast is good (at the moment) for Thursday, so fingers crossed. Do you know where the Embankment Hotel is in Bedford, or do you want to meet up before-hand and ride over together?

Chappers
25-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Sorry guys and gals, I now have another commitment at 8:00 on Thursday, so won't be able to make it. Next time.....

You're the Beds Rep right and I've been to most of the Clophill meets for the past few months but have only ever seen you there once :confused: :( You are sooo pooh, thought you said you could make it?! :lol:

Sounds like you have too much going on in your life suchas work, family, other social commitments to show your full support, maybe step down and let someone else take on Beds...maybe the lovely Madhatter - by the way, it's not meant in a nasty way hun :p :bunny:

The Kevlar Kid
25-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Keep an eye on this thread Kevlar, as I said, the weather forecast is good (at the moment) for Thursday, so fingers crossed. Do you know where the Embankment Hotel is in Bedford, or do you want to meet up before-hand and ride over together?

Probably best to see you over there as I never know what time I'm going to get out of this place. Still if I think I can get out on time I'll leave something on this thread tomorrow so we can meet up in Flitwick or summat.

madhatter
25-08-2004, 01:40 PM
No Problem Kevlar, see you there unless you let me know otherwise. ;)

Pete (doc), Dutchman, and Laurent....do any of you fancy a ride-out on your Monnies for a pint in Bedford on Thursday this week? :D

Any other takers???? :twisted:

LAURENT
25-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi

From where and at what time are you driving out to Bedford. I don't mind to have a ride if I can leave work early enough.
Laurent

madhatter
25-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi

From where and at what time are you driving out to Bedford. I don't mind to have a ride if I can leave work early enough.
Laurent

I just left you a message on the Bucks thread...ha..ha..We will be meeting up at the Embankment Hotel in Bedford at 7.30pm, It's right on the river and most people should be able to direct you to it.

I am waiting to see if anyone else wants to meet at the Shell Petrol station on the Ampthill/Flitwick roundabout at around 7.15pm, if you head towards Woburn, then Ampthill and Flitwick, you should end up on the roundabout I'm speaking of. Lets see tomorrow who else is meeting up, if Doc comes over from Brickhill, you could meet with him and come over to me.

What time do you think you could get over to me?

LAURENT
25-08-2004, 07:48 PM
I don't have a clue about what time I have to leave hanslope to get there in time. I will studie the way and try not to get lost.
Unless it is raining ......

Laurent

Chris
25-08-2004, 10:10 PM
You're the Beds Rep right and I've been to most of the Clophill meets for the past few months but have only ever seen you there once :confused: :( You are sooo pooh, thought you said you could make it?! :lol:

Sounds like you have too much going on in your life suchas work, family, other social commitments to show your full support, maybe step down and let someone else take on Beds...maybe the lovely Madhatter - by the way, it's not meant in a nasty way hun :p :bunny:

Chappers, you're a member of the UKMOC and don't even ride a bike :confused: let alone have a monster so where does that leave you in the commitment stakes???

You're right I have a busy life, and often can't commit to riding my bike when I want to, but have still managed over 15,000 miles in 2 years of purely pleasure riding. Unfortunately I often don't get back from work until after 7:00 and am working on setting up a company in my spare time, and have a meeting Thursday or I'd be there.

I had already considered asking Madhatter if he wanted to take over as Bedford area rep, just hadn't had chance yet, so Steve, do you fancy it?

Bedford area meetings were non existent earlier this year, and seen to be growing all the time, which is great, so I am more than happy for someone to take this on who can make a bit more time than I can at the moment

madhatter
26-08-2004, 06:44 AM
I had already considered asking Madhatter if he wanted to take over as Bedford area rep, just hadn't had chance yet, so Steve, do you fancy it? Bedford area meetings were non existent earlier this year, and seen to be growing all the time, which is great, so I am more than happy for someone to take this on who can make a bit more time than I can at the moment

Morning Chris, you have a PM.

Steve.

madhatter
26-08-2004, 06:57 AM
I don't have a clue about what time I have to leave hanslope to get there in time. I will studie the way and try not to get lost.
Unless it is raining ...Laurent

Stormie! I don't know if you are free this evening and fancy a ride out and a drink, but Laurent could do with someone to ride over with! ;)

I will wait at the Shell Petrol Station in Flitwick untill 7.15, then aim to get to the Embankment Hotel in Bedford by 7.30.

Let me know if you want to meet up.

Cheers Fella! :D

Chappers
26-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Chappers, you're a member of the UKMOC and don't even ride a bike :confused: let alone have a monster so where does that leave you in the commitment stakes???

Correct, I don't ride a bike YET, but I still show my commitment.

I'm at Clophill every week with Pete, Stormie, Doc and Madhatter and I attend most events even though they're not local to me. I've wanted to pass my test and have a Monster sooo bad that I joined UKMOC before I even got one thanks to PeteS4! :eek:

I have passed my theory already, CBT is on the 4th Sept and fingers crossed I'll take my test before Xmas and be out on my M600 come Feb/March time next year - so that's my commitment for ya! :D

Bickering aside, I'm glad to see the thought had already crossed your mind and you had considered the lovely Mr Madhatter and I wish you every success with your business :)

Toodle pip
H :p :bunny:

madhatter
26-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Righty-ho....going home now to push the Monster out into what looks like......Sunshine!!!!

If you want to meet me in Flitwick.....Shell Petrol Station by 7.15pm

If you want to meet up at the pub.....Embankment Hotel, Bedford at 7.30pm

Stick with the preparation for the CBT and Direct Access Chappers, all going well next year both you and Mrs Madhatter will be coming to the UKMOC events on your own Monnies!!!!

Chris
26-08-2004, 03:59 PM
I may now see you later! It's a bit cloudy here in Bedford though...

The Kevlar Kid
26-08-2004, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter]
If you want to meet me in Flitwick.....Shell Petrol Station by 7.15pm

If you want to meet up at the pub.....Embankment Hotel, Bedford at 7.30pm[QUOTE]

Hopefully I'll see you at the Shell in Flitwick by 7.15, I'm just leaving work now, but I must have some dinner between here and there.......

Chappers
26-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Would love to come tonight but as you know my ride (PeteS4) is poorly, feel compelled to go mop his feverish brow...poor lad :(

Have a good time tonight and ride carefully as the weather looks pooh :(

Chappers
26-08-2004, 07:28 PM

Just wanted to apologise for the wording of my post yesterday, it's been brought to my attention that it came across as rude and to the point and after reading it back to myself I totally agree. :eek:

SORRY
:bunny: :) :bunny: :)

H :p

madhatter
31-08-2004, 07:51 PM

Been away at a bike rally in Newark, so haven't had a chance to thank people for travelling over to Bedford for the monthly area meeting. It was nice to meet up with Laurent, Kevlar Kid and Doc for a short ride from Flitwick to Bedford and then to hear Chris's Monster growling in from the distance (if you want some trick pipes, his are up for sale and they look and sound "the dogs"). ;)

Well done Elaine for getting Robin to walk all the way down to the Embankment and it was brilliant to see him so much more mobile after such a nasty accident. Hopefully we will see him on the Tuano in the near future. :)

Glad to see the forum is back up again, I thought it was just me!!!