PDA

View Full Version : Stockists

hipshaker
19-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Can anyone tell me whether there are any dealers who stock a lot of the extras you can get. I fancy some new mirrors and either the carbon belly pan (racing one?) or lower cowl I've seen on the dealer sites. I'd like to get a proper look at the stuff before I decide though. I'm in Hampshire.

thesaxman
19-08-2004, 11:56 PM
http://www.spareshack.com/

sax
hth

Melnie Mouse
20-08-2004, 07:56 AM
CMW have a few extras, might be worth giving them a call Chichester 01243 782544 speak to Chris...

A Yerbury
20-08-2004, 08:17 AM
obviously ebay, world wide search if you just want to look at what products are out there. the ducati performance catalogue can be picked up from a large dealer/sent to you or downloaded in pdf format.

hipshaker
20-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the replies:

saxman ...... I didn't realise you could actually visit spareshack. I thought it was online only. May pay them a visit.

Melnie ........ I was at CMW the other day. It was me you saw skulking out with the grey Monster 800s having just traded the (uncomfortable) 620 Sport I had a little while ago. I was under the impression that most bits would need to be ordered. I did see one or two bits there though. I'll have to pop back in.

A Yerbury ...... I've looked on ebay and seen a few things but I really want to see the bits in the flesh so to speak. Maybe try a couple of bits up against the bike to make sure I like the look. In the last few months I've been to CMW, Three Cross, Ducati Croydon and Ducati Central London but don't recall seeing a vast range of accessories actually there .... unless anyone else knows otherwise

PaulS
20-08-2004, 10:21 AM
I can't say that any of the dealers I've visited actually had much in the way of DP accessories in stock. They generally have to order stuff which often seems to take a ridiculous amount of time. I ordered various bits and pieces with my bike (carbon belly pan, Termis, carbon tea-tray and number plate holder). The only bits that were on the bike when I picked it up a month later (from 3X) were the Termis (but no ECU!). The rest of the bits arrived over the next couple of months. Spareshack is probably your best bet (obviously phone first to check they have what you want to look at) - you can visit them but I believe they are in the process of relocating so it's probably not a good time! You might be better off going to a meet where there will be lots of Monsters and having a look round to see if there's anything you like the look of and asking the owner where they got it.

A Yerbury
20-08-2004, 10:28 AM
well apart fro stu there arent that many places you can look at stuff in the flesh and that goes for most makes of bike, many dealers cant afford the space to stock say 1 fancy item that my not sell. looking in the dp catalogue will give you a good idea as any as to what something will look like. with many items say bellypans etc u only have about 3 to choose from (pretty much world wide) in any case!
have a look here too.
www.roadracing.it

Pedro
20-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Dave

more to the point, check out the Hampshire events section - there are a few of us lurking most weekends!!!

Pedro

thesaxman
21-08-2004, 01:39 AM
Dave

more to the point, check out the Hampshire events section - there are a few of us lurking most weekends!!!

Pedro

oi.... speak for yourself ducky......

mutter mutter..... calling me a lurker. :p

Pedro
21-08-2004, 07:46 AM
oi.... speak for yourself ducky......

mutter mutter..... calling me a lurker. :p

If the hat fits.........

:D

hipshaker
21-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Thats probably a good idea Pedro. If there are a few people about I could have a look at the various accessories they have fitted (if any of course). I've got to get rid of those mickey mouse ear shaped mirrors though .... the quicker the better.

Pedro
21-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Well, your in lucj cos there's a big Ducati meet at Popham airfield on Bank holiday monday.

I'm heading that way and could meet you (I'm just the other side of Fareham from you) if you like. I expect the hants rep (Boozy Bob) will sort something.

Monthly meet is third sunday at the West Meon little Chef on the A272 / A32 junction

Ped

Melnie Mouse
21-08-2004, 03:09 PM
I don't think those bits take too long to come in if you do fancy anything you see, it's just clothing that takes a while...

sorry, hipshaker, why did you not introduce yourself to me, I did see the lovely 800 go out, and remember thinking what a lucky person he is to having that, and the boys in parts laughed at me, when I said I wanted to 'card' you... and after all that, you're here! he he :) :D - lovely bike....

hipshaker
23-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm happy with the bike.

I've spoken to you before actually Mel ....... I had a marathon helmet trying on session upstairs (didn't buy one though :o ) when I was buying the 620 Sport a couple of months ago.

I expect I'll come in soon to see what stock there is of accessories.

hipshaker
25-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Well, your in lucj cos there's a big Ducati meet at Popham airfield on Bank holiday monday.

I'm heading that way and could meet you (I'm just the other side of Fareham from you) if you like. I expect the hants rep (Boozy Bob) will sort something.

Monthly meet is third sunday at the West Meon little Chef on the A272 / A32 junction

Ped

I can't get to the Popham thing .... I'm on the IOW at the weekend, at the Scooter Rally. Might try to get to one of the monthly ones though. Thanks for the offer anyway.