PDA

View Full Version : MOT & Exhaust Cans

madhatter
18-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Well the good news for me, is that after putting my standard Ducati Issue exhaust cans back on my bike, fixing the duff number plate light and making a rear reflector bracket, my bike passed it's MOT without quibble. :D

It gave me a chance to talk to the tester, once he had finished, about exhaust cans. He said that as long as they are not excessively noisy and are not stamped "NOT FOR ROAD USE", they normally pass them, without reference to stamps, EC marks or anything else, he also said "but we tend to be a bit deaf here anyway". When I asked him about the corsa parked on the ramp next to me, also being MOT'd, but with an exhaust the size of a household dustbin, he remarked that with cars, as long as it's not leaking, they normally pass! So, how do Plod check the exhaust on your average "Too Fast Too Furious" hot hatch on the high street? How come non-legal cans for us could cost 3 penalty points and a £35 fine, but not with cars? :mad: :mad:

He also said that the Number Plate also has to be square now, so the long type will no longer pass an MOT. So, watch this to!

Paranoid Dave
18-08-2004, 05:15 PM
always thought the long plate was illegal anyway. Passed my MOT yesterday (see other thread) but as far as vauxhall ashtray's and citroen paxo's, I've never seen a plod pull one yet. And whats more when out at night in town, bikes are stored away and the cars are on full volume from inside and out.
Just think what would happen if we cruised through town like that?