PDA

View Full Version : Ducati meets in Essex and ride out info

STU65
17-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Can anyone help?

Could you tell me where there are ducati / monster meets in Essex? I know about the **** Turpin on a Tuesday but are there any others.

Are there any arranged ride outs going on?

It seems very lonely out in the sticks is Essex.

Cheers.

Paranoid Dave
17-08-2004, 07:43 PM
It's just as lonely in suffolk I can promise, if you want info you could contact the essex rep, on second thoughts don't bother talking to him :mad:

I know there's a few who hang around the london border, benson, slob runningman, see what they are up to.

The only pub i know is great bentley on a wednesday night, usually a few hundred there.

PD.

A Yerbury
17-08-2004, 07:45 PM
bar italia on a thursday night is sometimes frequented by monsters

fatbloke
17-08-2004, 07:46 PM
the essex rep has not been on the forum for months we need a new one
any offers?

SteveSki
18-08-2004, 04:13 PM
I'd offer to become it........as I must admit i'm the absolute Essex boy...... :twisted:

Well as long as the sun is shining i'm always up for a blast..........
Fancy the turpin next tuesday?

Steveo

Paranoid Dave
18-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Go for it steveski, a blind monkey with one leg would be better than the last essex rep.

Chappers
18-08-2004, 05:32 PM
I'd offer to become it........as I must admit i'm the absolute Essex boy...... :twisted:
Steveo

Go on...I dares ya! :twisted:
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

peteS4
18-08-2004, 05:43 PM
go on... its a blast............... terry also provides you with top totty............... you dont think i pulled a girl as great as chappers by myself do ya............. terry has loads of them under his stairs............... perk or the job so to speak............... and i aint giving mine up to anyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveSki
19-08-2004, 09:29 AM
well why not, i'll give it a go!
what will I have to do...........apart from all the girlies?!!? :lol:
just kidding........
but seriously, what would I have to do?

Chappers
19-08-2004, 09:58 AM
just kidding........

Terry (Fatbloke) can send you a load of UKMOC cards and pins (badges) which you basically take everywhere with you; everytime you spot a Monster stick a card on it just incase they aren't already a member and then you basically post threads like Pete does keeping everyone updated on the local meets and upcoming events etc.

Pete is currently in the process of trying to set up a regular Bucks Meet, so I suppose you'll be responsible for doing that but for your area, he's also gonna be at an open day on Sept 12th, just to show his face, hand out cards and generally make people aware of UKMOC - just use your initiative.

Go check out the Bucks stuff, Pete starts a new thread every Monday (wk comm **/**) and kills off the previous one so that there's no confussion as to what thread we should be looking at, it's a good system he's got going.

Speak to Pete or any of the other Reps, I'm sure they'll be glad to assist :D

Good luck and have fun :p

STU65
19-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Steve you have my vote, look forward to some events. All the best from what I hear what ever you do will be better than the last Essex rep.

fatbloke
19-08-2004, 07:08 PM

Well as long as the sun is shining i'm always up for a blast..........
Fancy the turpin next tuesday?

Steveo

Well done Steve welcome the the un-sung hereo's club
I'll get Stu to sort out the web stuff (be patient) and if
you send me your postal address I'll sort out the cards etc
Thanks
Terry

peteS4
19-08-2004, 08:08 PM
but ask terry for your own chappers............. even thouth they are a perk of the job, this one is mine.......... i'm sure he has many more under the stairs :eek: :eek: :eek:

STU65
24-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Steve I notice that some of the threads have got photos of people in the area and their bikes this might be worth doing just to see who's around. I couldn't make the turpin tonight if your there next week let me know and I'll get down there unless the hevens open.

slob
25-08-2004, 06:53 AM
just kidding........

Does this mean you're coming out to play, Steve?

SteveSki
25-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Of course..........I'm always out to play.........weather permitting........
OK so how about next Tuesday then? it's after bank holiday Monday so there should be NO excuses..........

Let me know who fancies it!

Cheers

S :twisted:

Jon_Melson
26-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Is anybody doing anything remotely bike-like over the bank holiday weekend??? Be it, sat, sun or mon? Depending if it's a high speed run, or a gentle jaunt dictates whether the missus is on the pillion...

Also, Steveski- if you're always up for a blast, why do you never tell me??
You're not SCARED are you????

(Only kidding, mate)

SteveSki
26-08-2004, 04:46 PM
That sounds like fighting talk to me...........
na, actually I realised last time that i'll have trouble keeping up.......he he

Got a new phone Jon and lost the old numbers (yes, that old chesnut!) but haven't seen you on here for a while and thought you may have vanished.........

Unfortunately i'm not around this weekend........On a four day pi$$ up from tomorrow but i'm sure there must be something going on............

The mrs? so she's back from her travels?

Speak soon

Steveski

slob
26-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Of course..........I'm always out to play.........weather permitting........
OK so how about next Tuesday then? it's after bank holiday Monday so there should be NO excuses..........

Let me know who fancies it!

Cheers

S :twisted:

It's my last (short) week in my current job, so I'm flat out tying up loose ends* but I will definitely try to make Tuesday. Can we find a meet somewhere 'near the borders' that's a bit nicer than The Castle?

*kinda sounds excusy don't it;)