PDA

View Full Version : 6000 mile service

celt
17-08-2004, 05:51 AM
can anyone tell me what should be done by the dealer on my bikes 6000 mile service and do i pay for anything?

i just need to know so that i can make sure nothing has been missed.

I was already told that because i had fitted DP race cans that i should have got a new ECU chip at the same time. But Stuart at spareshack says that bull**** as i have a 620ie 2003 model and that all it needs is maybe a tweak on the computer.

please help as i dont want to be ripped

cheers

slug
17-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Celt
What is replaced, what is checked etc should be listed in the service book that came with your bike. Unfortunately I havent got mine with me at the moment. If you havent got a book contact DUK or check out Ducati.com
I will have a look at my book tonight and let you know what it says.
As far as the cost is concerned you should shop around, I have had prices as varied as 200 to 400 quid +vat for the 12k service.

I fitted DP race cans and open air filter and the standard ECU didnt need altering, although the mechanics thought it might, when they checked the emissions it was fine. IMO if its running OK dont splash out on a new chip.

HTH

james007
17-08-2004, 10:45 AM
check out this site for so much useful info, including a data maintenance chart: http://www.ducatisuite.com/maintcharts

I have just had my 6000k service done, and it was just under £200, but it definately depends on where you go, as I had quotes of £400+

celt
17-08-2004, 07:58 PM
cheers

just got call today from dealer. seems like they have done the biz. and yes they say that just cans are ok (just a slight tweak in the mix).

dont know cost to me yet. hope its not to extreme

slug
17-08-2004, 10:13 PM
My 6 thousand service was £259 + vat which seems to be around about list price.

According to the book they should have replaced the: spark plugs, Air filter, Oil filter, Fuel Filter and Engine Oil
They should have checked/adjusted the: Timing belts, Cylinder compression,Throttle body synchronisation, Wheel bearings, steering bearings, electric fan??, valve clearance Rear wheel cush rubber drive (whatever that is), front sprocket fastening plate and tightened some nuts and bolts!
They should also have cleaned your fuel tank and carried out some general lubrication.

HTH

celt
18-08-2004, 10:37 PM
got bike back. (the spray job or replacement casings have been put back until the bad weather)

got charged £257.24 (£218.93 + £38.31 VAT)

technician = £152
oil = £26
oil filter = £8.51
gasket x4 = £4
spark plug x2 = £5.46
brake pads pair = £14.35
air filter 900 S4/01 = £8.61

seems a fair price, what do you lot think.

when i bought bike i always thought i wasnt going to have to pay anything for two years.
how green was i