PDA

View Full Version : Ace Cafe

Funnymachine
15-08-2004, 07:36 PM
I am here by way of a very trick blue 620i which I spotted at the Ace Cafe about 4 hours ago - with the web address planted neatly down the swing arm.

Now this bike happens to look just the way I want my M600 to look.

It has exhausts tucked under the engine ala Buell, and I want to know what system it was and where I can get one...

Thanks

Mark

Julie
15-08-2004, 07:38 PM
That will be Jmos bike!

she will be along very soon..

welcome to the club

NattyBoy
15-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Im taking a flyer here..but im guessing it was our one and only Jmo and her steed Smeegal !! ..if it is..exhaust courtesy of Zorstec (roadracing do a similar one)...

Nat

Julie
15-08-2004, 07:44 PM
here it is.......

berto
15-08-2004, 07:47 PM
;) perhaps sidecar tyres next time he-he!!

DesmoDom
15-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Berto, tut, tut, tut, I hope you're not refering to those barely visible, mile wide, chicken strips, or has the bike been on a trailer ???. :D :D :D :D :D

Baz

berto
15-08-2004, 07:57 PM
:p I would never even have had that disrespectful thought in my head....Imagine tsk!!!!

Funnymachine
15-08-2004, 07:58 PM
That's the one...

I found the Road Racing cans and as you say they are similar - looked at the Zorstec site and can't find anything there though...

berto
15-08-2004, 07:59 PM
:twisted: Even though the disco/rangerover looks as if it goes over further....x :o

DesmoDom
15-08-2004, 08:02 PM
:D :D :D
But Berto, you can HARDLY see them (if you squint) :rolleyes:

Baz

JMo
15-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Oi! I 'll have you know those were brand new tyres in that picture - done less than 100 miles indeed... ahem.

But proud of the fact I got round Mallory pretty tidily on the old set (eh, McMonstro and GT?!) and still had a good half inch of chicken strip afterwards...

As for the exhaust - as you have an M600 (rather than 620), Road Racing do do one for that bike - speak to Stu at Spareshack, or you could go custom from Andy @ Zorstec...

Oh, and cut your sodding tea tray off if you haven't already... heh heh heh...

xxx

PS. Fatbloke - do I get commission for having your club address on the side of my bike then? x

Funnymachine
15-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Given that Road Racing want £630 for a set - and yours look better by the way, I'll talk to Zorstec, or maybe get the welder out and buy some stainless pipe and do something similar myself.

Thanks...

And, yes the tea tray is going by way of an angle grinder tommorow morning. I also intend to cut the standard exhausts in half, just to see what that looks like in the mean time, and replace the cam belts and fork seals... Though the Haynes manual hasn't turned up yet, so I'll be guessing... I am also going to change the oil and filter and throw out the airbox and all the other crap (oil breather box? other weird misc plastic bits) at the same time, and see if I can find room for a home made Nitrous kit somewhere.

BTW? Does anyone know if velocity stacks from any other Ducati will fit...

T

berto
16-08-2004, 09:47 AM
:lol: OOOOOOhh looks like we hit a nerve there DesmoD eh eh eh??? :rolleyes:

DesmoDom
16-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Do you really think so B ???. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Baz

Julie
16-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Stop! you sound like a right Arse!

JMo
16-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Well it makes a change to see the boys talking about how small something should be, rather than how big...

xxx

DesmoDog
16-08-2004, 06:40 PM
That's the one...

I found the Road Racing cans and as you say they are similar - looked at the Zorstec site and can't find anything there though...

Nope, you won't. You have to ask them to build em for you.

A Yerbury
16-08-2004, 10:17 PM
plenty of whacky solutions to peer at tho.

Funnymachine
17-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Finally finished "making" the new cans...

Zorstec quoted me £800 for a set of pipes like Jmos, so I got to work with the angle grinder...

Heaven knows what they will sound like, but they look really good :-)

Check 'em out...

http://www.funnymachine.com/M600/Cans.html

Cheers

Tx

spacemonkey
18-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Excellent work, Smithers! I always wondered what that would look and sound like on a Monster. I work in Wembley (Savilles Funeral Directors to be precise) most afternoons. Would love to see/hear the end result...

peteS4
18-08-2004, 07:34 PM
but the point to jmos cans is they also have the pipe work taking them under the engine and out to one side so unless your very good at bending pipes too your just left with straight through stubby cans 1 on each side

Funnymachine
19-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Excellent work, Smithers! I always wondered what that would look and sound like on a Monster. I work in Wembley (Savilles Funeral Directors to be precise) most afternoons. Would love to see/hear the end result...

Ashamed, it's incredibly quiet...

Need to get the hammer and smash some more baffles out...

I am in Sudbury really, but you are welcome to come and look.

JMo
19-08-2004, 08:04 PM
but the point to jmos cans is they also have the pipe work taking them under the engine and out to one side so unless your very good at bending pipes too your just left with straight through stubby cans 1 on each side

Ah, but that can still look good too though...

xxx

Funnymachine
26-08-2004, 10:01 PM
www.funnymachine.com/m600/ducati.jpg