PDA

View Full Version : waterproof jacket

fatbloke
13-08-2004, 07:39 PM
I need to buy a new jacket and bearing in mind I ride all year
It has to have a removable lining and be 100% waterproof
any recomendations would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance

Mand
13-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Terry, just mentioned this to Alex (my other half) and he suggests the Hein Gericke HG Voyager, they are waterproof and they have a removable lining. He should know, he had his for about two years and he was working as a motorcycle courier so you can imagine he saw some pretty sh*te weather and he stayed totally dry.

Unfortunately it died when A&E cut it off him when he broke his collar bone - he was more upset about the jacket than his injury (sad!) :D

If you have a catalogue - they are page 107. www.hein-gericke.co.uk

Don't buy the tribal gortex type jacket (they are totally rubbish) bloody thing has been constantly wet and are a bugger to get dry.

Hope that helps.

:)

steviej
13-08-2004, 08:26 PM
You'll have to buy two an' stitch 'em together though............... :D :D :D :D :eek:

spacemonkey
13-08-2004, 08:42 PM
I recommend any of the Frank Thomas stuff. I have always found without excepti0on that if they say it's waterproof then it is. I got one of their jackets just as you describe (that I wore last time I saw you at Dave Woods...) and it is very warm in winter and very dry. I think it was the Sabotage jacket, now discontinued (2003 range..) and worth every penny.

ps, when on you Bullfrog, do you ride with a black and white lid and (I think) a black fabric jacket? If so you burnt up my red MX5 (top down, bald spot in the wind-of course..) on the Westway (Paddington flyover) yesterday...

Ade
14-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey FB
Ive got the Hiene Gerike water proofs, I got the top of the range with all the stuff your on about. It even has a thermometer sewn into the inner linning so you can see how hot you are. The knees and elbows have that nipple protection stuff, which worked for me when I had my March accident, The shop at Harrow might give 10% discount the 1 in Slough I fought for 5%. They cost about £580.00. You remember the rain we had on the way back from monster weekend, I was dry right down to me Jocks and socks.

fatbloke
14-08-2004, 12:44 PM
thanks all I'll have a look round this weekend

Melnie Mouse
14-08-2004, 12:52 PM
I've got the Spidi S3 H2Out jacket, which is like the gore-tex jacket, fully removable lining, back armour as well as usual elbows and shoulders and very comfortable and nice fitting ... only decent jacket with good sleeves I must say that if you want to put your gloves INSIDE it's not difficult like most :)