PDA

View Full Version : bars

celt
13-08-2004, 07:06 PM
no not them alcholic types.

has anybody fitted aftermarket bars to their monster? i was toying with the idea of getting some renthals fitted to get a slightly more upright position. i think they now do a streetfighter version. mmmmmmmmm now gold or black?

been looking for pictures but cant find any with bar mods

Scotty
13-08-2004, 08:09 PM
i did that once on a 600 was good
was very different ride possitoin cf standard bars
more over the front cos they are straighter i went for gold and think it was a mistake black is the war forwards

JMo
13-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Celt - do remember that with the new bikes (or all Monsters?) the hoses don't have a lot of extra length to them, so if you're looking for a significant increase in rise/width, you'll probably have to get new brake & clutch hoses, and longer throttle & fast idle cables too - not cheap - the bars might cost you £30, but the extras cost another £100.

I've got the Renthal '6 inch trials' bars on mine (with a brace) - the fit the monster really well, have less lay-back (ie are straighter) and give you about 2 inches extra hight and 3 inches extra width (something you boys will be keen to hear no doubt...x), but I did have to change the hoses & cables...

xxx

steviej
13-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Celt, have you tried Mars.............................................. .............

.......................................... :D :D :D

celt
13-08-2004, 10:05 PM
didnt think about cables. damn and here i was thinking it was gonna be cheap. :eek:
will do homework first.

stevie what can i say :p

slug
13-08-2004, 10:15 PM
I was going to fit aftermarket bars but couldnt because the switch gear has a little pin inside which locates in a depression/hole which is pre drilled into Ducati bars. I assume your bike is the same, take the switches off your bike and just check. If it is you could get rid of the pin on the switch gear, or put a hole in your new bars
HTH

A Yerbury
13-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Renthal do so many diff lengths/angles etc I am sure you could find one that was a close width to the standard monny jobs but lower/higher/straighter, I think jen was pointing out that u need to consider it, not that it is inevitable. I used to work at this place that sold them www.racespec.com I think the website gives a breakdown of the various dimensions or speak to one of the sales bods as they know their stuff.
Alex.

Scotty
13-08-2004, 11:05 PM
fitted straight on t mine like umm i didnt have any mounting pins in the leavers either