PDA

View Full Version : budget pin stripes

A Yerbury
12-08-2004, 04:21 PM
1 fender corse kit cut into quarters for tank and fender
1 roll fablon for cowl and screen (and pocy cheque flag effect)
also painted dash surround and res pots with same red I used for cam shaft and valve inspection covers. oh and the wee shepherds crook thing for holding up tank.
Alex.

madhatter
12-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Looking good Mr. Yerb! :cool:

Love the idea of painting the dash surround and res pots with the same paint. Is that a reflector in the "Italian Flag" colours below your number plate? If so, where do I get one from, it's just what I want!!!! :)

A Yerbury
12-08-2004, 05:25 PM
they are cute eh. and an mot req!! theres one lying on the road around malvern as mr araldite was not doing his job properly.....got mine from daytona for about a quid. my sister should be bringing a replacement up this weekend. If you do the pots remember to use plenty of good lacquer due to all the inevitable brake fluid around there. a doddle to do. people ask who does my powdercoating!!

madhatter
12-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Sorry A, but Daytona what? Is it a website or a catelogue?

I like it and I want one....NOW!

A Yerbury
12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
I also bought some motrax grips that have red under the perforated black. more cheap 2 tone goodness! all I need now is a red/black dainese Imatra....cheap?....oh flying pigs....

A Yerbury
12-08-2004, 06:18 PM
not sure if they still have the licence but thay are/were a ducati dealership on pentonville rd. Angel islington...ah a mere 15 minutes from stokey on the 73...They dont have them at jhp coventry, or at least they didnt when I called 2 weeks ago.
AY.

Paranoid Dave
12-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Spareshack do them too, I got one :D

Yerby, do you not deel a bit of a conflict between the stripes and the squares?

A Yerbury
12-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I know what u mean pd I did have cheque all over the cowl and the side panels too but when I put them back on thought "nah too much..." and removed most of them. I would say Im 75% happy. Hey its fablon so dead easy to change, what I should do and kind of gave up doing is to give the cheques a rounder 3d perhaps smaller squares to go with the sweet curve of the cowl. Its on the list and well spotted, I rate your aesthetics highly!!
AY.

Paranoid Dave
12-08-2004, 07:02 PM
I rate your aesthetics highly!!
AY.

Bloody hell :eek: eerrrrrm...

I charge by the hour ;)

Did you take the forks out to paint or just mask them? Thinking of winter projects. :confused: