PDA

View Full Version : Tank repair advice

DevilBoy
11-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Hello all

I recently had a bit of an off on my 2002 s4, and managed to put 2 dents and a scratch in the tank.

I phoned around a few companies, and they say it'll cost about £150 to respray the scratch, and fill in the dents.

now. To me - filling in a dent is a really really **** way to fix them. Surely they would have to be a deVinci style artiste to get the intricate lines on an s4 tank correct?

And i would have thought that they would need to strip the whole tank in order to get it up to a decent standard with no trace of a fill in job?

Can anyone recommend someone near cardiff that can do a proper job for me, and not just a bodged fill job!!

Or is that the way its done?

cheers all

Billy Bigwheels
11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Dentmaster reckon they can sort it as long as the paint isn't damaged - cost £85.00 + VAT. I'll fish out the 0800 number and post it.
They're nationwide I was told?

DevilBoy
11-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Dentmaster aye? that sounds like the company for me!

The paint around the dents is not damaged, i think. But there is a scratch about an inch square a bit lower down the tank...

Arnie
02-09-2005, 12:22 PM
I know this was a long time ago but did you get dentmaster to carry out the repair and if so where you happy with the result?

Cheers

DevilBoy
02-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Nope. I aint got it fixed yet!
Ive grown kinda fond of my dented tank!

Im looking around for a replacement tank now. And im allso thinking abotu going a different colout on the tank and seat cowl... not sure what yet though.

You got the same trouble i take it?