PDA

View Full Version : 15th August - Streetfighters at Ace Cafe

JMo
11-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Goodness! - is it that time of year again already?!

The Annual Streetfighters mayhem is happening this Sunday at the Ace cafe London. AK will be showing his bike there (is featured in the magazine next month we understand) and Stu from Spareshack is having his bike photographed too (hopefully without stunt-monkey Woods thrashing it to pieces again!)

So why don't we go and join in the fun huh?

Sussex meeting Washington Roundabout 8.45am leaving 9am via Boxhill to puck up the Surreyites etc. Aim to arrive at Box' 9.45am for a quick cuppa, then leave at 10am for the final push to the Ace. Should arrive at the Ace around 11am.

Hope to catch up with you somewhere along the way...

JennyMo

xxx

berto
15-08-2004, 06:50 PM
:rolleyes: Did you have a good time?My pal Dougie lives down your way now(gsxr fighter) and says it was top

JMo
15-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Indeed - it was a good day - better/nicer than last year, in that the 'show bikes' were all in the car park, while the nutters were kept out on the road doing their stunts and stuff.

Seemed to be a little less chaotic than last year too, heard one bike go down, and another miraculously saved I understand, but I admit I was hanging around in the car park for most of the day, looking cool... or was that just Smeegal?!

Mind you, a bunch of us left about 2.15pm for an impromtu tour of North London (I'm sorry people, OK?!) and a nice relaxing drink on Wimbledon Common... so goodness knows what went on after we'd left...

Good turnout from Sussex/Surrey (including new-boy Andy from Canada - welcome fella!) and a whole bunch of the regular faces once we got to the Ace... nice weather too!

xxx

SazzaG
15-08-2004, 07:05 PM
I got very excited for a moment, thinking we were going shopping at Brent Cross! But no, we were just going the wrong way....

Thanks to Jen for the crash course in courier riding (I can't belive how much traffic there was for a Sunday!). Rob and I might let you know our time travelling secret, having got ahead of everyone after being left behind...

Pretty rotten ride home from Crawley in the rain, but a top day out!

Hello to any of the other monsters we saw on our travels, including the yellow one at the Little Chef on the A24 this morning, the yellow one with the huge luggage rack on the A3 at Roehampton, and the two-up red one one the A217 this afternoon.

Saz

JMo
15-08-2004, 07:12 PM
and the two-up red one one the A217 this afternoon.

I reckon that might have been MikeS4 (red tank, carbon bellypan) - but who was the mystery pillion???

xxx

Chappers
15-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Loved every minute of it!!!

Later in the day the police turned up and the stunts and showing off slowed right down :mad:

JMo - it's great meeing ya...gorgeous bike with very practical mirrors for applying that all very important lippy and mascara :lol:

Stormie - as ever...checking out the chicks instead of the bikes (tut tut) ;)

Fatbloke - you shrunk??? :rolleyes:

Doc - bike is looking sexier everytime I see it :)

And of course thanks to PeteS4 for driving myself, Madhatter and Mrs Madhatter - excellent day had by all :D

madhatter
15-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Yes thanks must be said to PeteS4 for doing all the driving today and then also buying the ice creams in Hyde Park later......Great to see all the usual faces such as Doc, Stormie and Terry and meet a few new people as well, such as JMo. I liked your new handlebar fairing JMo, I dont think you had this fitted at Mallory? The Guy with the S4 who did his own custom paintjob and made his own Aluminium Hugger!! ;) Very nice work!

Thought you looked very "Casually Cool" in your summer jacket Terry, not sure about the UKMOC hat as well though?? :confused:

Hope to see all the usual faces at Clophill this Tuesday, then looks like we're all off to Bristol. :burnout: Who from Beds and Bucks is riding down? I could do with some company on the way down! :burnout: :burnout:

Fodder
15-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Was good to see some of Monsterers again. Funniest moment was when pootle hit a pothole and the hugger got caught in an overlong numberplate bolt stopping the suspension from rebounding properly.
Bolts will now be cut short :eek:

peteS4
15-08-2004, 08:21 PM
i had a great day seeing everyone from all around, the sights, the sounds....... the company i took........... all went great except for 1 thing.................... my neck is red raw......... and my head is burnt too............. my housemate says i look like a swan vesta !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chappers
15-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Yes thanks must be said to PeteS4 for buying the ice creams in Hyde Park later

Mmmm...how could I forget the ice-cream, but you had 2 you bugger :eek:

madhatter
15-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Mmmm...how could I forget the ice-cream, but you had 2 you bugger :eek:

No...No...No! We had one ice cream for refreshment purposes only and then one ice lolly for rehydration purposes....you never hear one bloke say to another "Ooohhh that's your second pint of beer" or "you're not going to have another burger are you"***......bloody chicks and their "eat my bigun" attitude!

*** with the exception of Will & Grace!

Chappers
15-08-2004, 09:09 PM
No...No...No! We had one ice cream for refreshment purposes only and then one ice lolly for rehydration purposes....you never hear one bloke say to another "Ooohhh that's your second pint of beer" or "you're not going to have another burger are you"***......bloody chicks and their "eat my bigun" attitude!

*** with the exception of Will & Grace!

You're right, blokes don't speak about it, they just go and do what they want, when they want regardless!

Mind you in all fairness, Pete had an ice-cream and an ice-lolly too - must be a man thing me thinks :rolleyes:

peteS4
15-08-2004, 09:15 PM
i would like it noted you WERE offered a second ice cream yourself.......... you chose not to partake of said second ice cream............. it just goes to show you that sometimes when 1 person would like another ice cream............. the other person may in fact not be in the mood for an ice cream.................... its a funny thing ice cream............. you have to be in the mood for 1 :eek:

Collie_dog
15-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Funniest moment was when pootle hit a pothole and the hugger got caught :eek:

Funniest moment....t*sser i though i'd nearly crapped me-self when i hit the pot hole (talk about watford gap!) i'm sure i had buggered my tyre, all i could think about was.....ohh feck how am i gonna get home now my AA membership has run out!!!!

Better go and give the husband a slap round the back of the head!!

Apart from that great day out, especially the scenic tour of London by Ms JMo, can't wait for the next one.....how about a tour of the white cliffs and channel tunnel on the way to Bristol next sat..eh Jen!! ;)

madhatter
15-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Apart from that great day out

Nice to meet you today Collie_dog (gosh that doesn't sound very polite!) couldn't remember your name earlier, just the bit about "Jiggling" from Terry.. :lol: .....always nice to meet new UKMOC people, but like I said once off the Monsters we can't recognise each-other from the croud.... :(

Collie_dog
15-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Nice to meet you too MH, and my nickname is because i own a border collie, so i take no offence being called Collie_dog, but everyone shortens it to Collie!

Hope to see you on the next run out...maybe Bristol?!! :D