PDA

View Full Version : stainless steel downdate

steve kearl
04-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Just a quick note regarding the stainless steel foothanger bolts. Might have to knock this idea on the head people, as it seems there is just not enough interest, I have not heard from anyone now for a couple of weeks. I will give it another 3 weeks to see if anyone else is interested. Thankyou to the people who did show interest. Like I say I will give it a bit longer, but if it stays the same, then I apologise now for getting your hopes up. I was so sure that there would be more interest than this.
Sorry

A Yerbury
04-08-2004, 01:09 PM
well we had 5 people interested and we needed 100 yup?

Fosse Foxfight
04-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Reckon we need to sell this idea a bit more then Steve.
Surely EVERY Monster owner would want a set of STAINLESS STEEL footrest hanger bolts?

Lets try and keep this thread in Latest and make sure people have sufficient awareness. Actually I would have thought that Stuart at Spareshack would front the cash for these and sell em at profit :D

So Steve, lets recap on price for the set of 8 and get the ball rolling again.

Sean

A Yerbury
04-08-2004, 02:34 PM
not a bad idea re stuart. he could flog loads to the americans. steve you have the info why not drop sparesgeezer an email?
Alex

Gizmo
04-08-2004, 05:23 PM
if you make them with longer threads like the DPP kit for hi rise pipes Stuart could sell them with every pair of hi level SILS. Adding 10mm of spacer and leaving about 4 turns of thread into an engine case and holding your sidestand on should cause enough concern to get most SIL hi level owners to stump up for them :0

DavidT
04-08-2004, 07:05 PM
How short are we? Were we looking for around 50 orders to push the number of each size over the hundred - surely we can manage that? If it helps I would order another set for AnnTs 600.

Pedro
04-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Steve

sorry I've not been in touch to confirm sizes etc (moving house next week!!) but count me in still! I'll ry to twist some arms with the Hampsters next I see them.

Ped

james007
05-08-2004, 12:45 PM
what are these things? Might be interested if I knew what it was...

A Yerbury
05-08-2004, 12:54 PM
the bolts that connect the "foot rest / can/ levers" bracket to the frame. 5 either side. big ****ty steel things that look bad very quickly. steel similar to the stuff used on the chain adjuster plates.

james007
05-08-2004, 01:08 PM
cool, I will check them out and revert.

Pedro
05-08-2004, 03:53 PM
the bolts that connect the "foot rest / can/ levers" bracket to the frame. 5 either side. big ****ty steel things that look bad very quickly. steel similar to the stuff used on the chain adjuster plates.

Err, Yerbs,

how did you come up with five?

I got two that go into the frame and two that go into the engine each side. Where's the fith one?

Ped

A Yerbury
05-08-2004, 04:19 PM
sorry mate you're right! I keep thinking the can bolt that shoots through the "top hat" is also one...mine are all the same size I think, I was a tad confused when you mentioned different sizes.
Alex

DavidT
05-08-2004, 05:48 PM
If they are all the same except for the length of the threaded part, could we get them made to the longest length and leave the buyer to saw/part them to the right length? We would only need thirteen buyers to put the number of screws over the 100.

moor-ph0
09-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi,
I would be interested in purchasing these bolts. They oxidise very quickly and cry out for stainless steel.
Geoff :mad:

marchesini
09-08-2004, 07:46 PM
I don't think they are needed on the S4R but if they are, I'll have a set. Just bought 5 from Ducati London South whilst prepping the bike for sale - didn't ask the price as I figured they were only bolts - couple of quid each at most - and the rest sir - £22 and a bit quid for 5 bolts :eek: :eek: :eek:

Re, the length of the thread, I think as well the different lengths, there are 2 thicknesses of bolt aswell.

Anyway, good luck on the order

Best regards

simon

Pedro
09-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Ref the sizes:-

The two upper hanger bolts are the same on both sides making four in total. The lower ones are different left to right: the lhs bolts are bigger diameter as the hold the side stand on.

I have drawings if anyone wants to tcheck theirs out.

Ped

DavidT
10-08-2004, 09:52 AM
How many orders are still needed before this will be possible? Even if it doesn't get off the ground, thanks for all the time and effort you folk have spent.

gary tompkins
10-08-2004, 11:58 PM
if you make them with longer threads like the DPP kit for hi rise pipes Stuart could sell them with every pair of hi level SILS. Adding 10mm of spacer and leaving about 4 turns of thread into an engine case and holding your sidestand on should cause enough concern to get most SIL hi level owners to stump up for them :0

Didn't need spacers with my Sil's. The down pipes have a flat on the outside making them 'D' shaped behind the footrest hangers, so there is plenty of clearance. Maybe only earlier designs needed the spacers?

Stainless bolts are a good idea though, mine already look pretty crappy.

Plum
11-08-2004, 12:15 PM
I am more than up for it. Its one of the things tht make my bike look tatty. Let us know how you get on and if i can help in anyway, let me know

L

moor-ph0
12-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Hi Steve,
Put me down for a set of bolts for high level cans. There's a company called stainless steel fasteners that claim to make one off fasteners if a drawing is supplied. I'll probably phone them tomorrow to get some idea of cost - extremely expensive probably!! Just removed all eight bolts (four each side) and now have all the sizes.
Geoff

Crowman
12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Me too! Me too!! I NEED those bolts, I'm fed up with polishing the buggers trying to fend off the rust.

steve kearl
23-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Hi people, sorry have not been responding to any one lately as got a bit disheartened by the lack of interest, I did think a little while ago that if we went for the longer length in all cases then we could cut them down, I think you will find the upper bolts whether they are short or long, they still go into the engine casing as I have tried this with no problem. Pedro Hi, did you send the drawing to John Kemp? As it stands at the moment people we have a definite order of 10 sets for low level and 3 orders for high level, so if we could standardise the bolts, we have 10X8 and 3X8=104 bolts. But I really need to meet up with some one or couple of people with low level to sort out what we can get away with, but I do need help on this, I am not ordering all of these bolts only to get strung up for getting it wrong.

Pedro
23-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi Steve

Could get together soon if you like - I have low level Leo's fitted. Have moved house now so getting back to normal (ish!)

Are you heading up to Popham Mega Meet on Bank Holiday Monday?

Ped