PDA

View Full Version : single sided arguement

Paranoid Dave
03-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Would I or wouldn't I... go single sided given the chance, a lot of people I'm sure have asked this, and I'm sure 90% of people who have gone that far in thought have quickly thought no more due to the cost of the mods involved. I regularly trawl the net for pictures of monsters, mods and changes, ideas and alterations people have regarding the styling of their monsters, and so few of the single sided monsters have frame bracing that those in the know round here call so essential.

Now don't think I'm suggesting for a moment that those people are talking out their arse or doing so for financial gain, but what is the actual reason for the bracing from the rear engine bolt down to the swinger, why is it so essential and has anyone heard of the 'disaster' actually happening to an unbraced single sider?

Oh and the new S4r, is that braced?

Pedro
04-08-2004, 06:25 AM
PD

the bracing will be there to stiffen the whole plot up and to balance the load on the bearings. It will also minimise twist at the swingarm pivot.

The S4R is braced with bolt on supports.

Ped

Albie
04-08-2004, 06:34 AM
My thoughts exactly Pedro. Although frames actually need a small amount of flex to stop them breaking. I'd love single side. :D