PDA

View Full Version : Raiding party into Wales tonight 3rd August

Duncan
03-08-2004, 08:10 AM
The usual suspects from the English side will be invading Wales tonight for a blast up the Wye Valley to the Wye Knot. The Wye Knot is in Symonds Yat (West) and within spitting distance of the Monmouth to Ross dual carriageway. There is a meet tonight of Ducati Owners, its a great ride up the Wye Valley and its a good pub. The weathers also set fair.

Anyone up for this, join us at M48 motorway roundabout by Severn View motorway services on the English side of the old bridge by 7.30pm. Anyone from the Welsh side join us at Chepstow racecourse about 7.45 or at the pub from about 8.30.

Duncan

Duncan
03-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Oooh Arrrrr missus that were a good nite out then wernt it.

Rain, thunder storms, more rain all afternoon. The skies cleared at 5 and by 7 it was gorgeous. 4 brave raiders, me, JR, Fredcat and John on the Monsterised 851 made the trip over. Despite slippery roads we all got there safely, though I gave myself (and Fred following) a scare at one point when it stepped out on mud.

The Wye Knot locals had left their bikes at home and were surprised when 4 Monnies rolled in and from descriptions, the locals reckoned we had come in on the tail of the storm and were lucky to have got there at all. We made loads of new friends and converted a few locals to the way of the Monster, Cider was pretty good too.

Going home down the twisty Wye Valley was fun, very dark, foggy, twisty but we all got back safe.

Evening run next Wednesday from the Waggon!!!

JR
04-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Well done Dunc - another great evening ride - You forgot to mention next weeks thriller is the plunge down into Waterly Bottom.

JR

Fredcat
04-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Good ride out boys, I even managed to get home with all of yers!!!

Duncan I dunno about next week but I reckon last night you had a watery bottom!!!!1

Fred the scardy cat :rolleyes: :bunny:

Duncan
04-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Duncan I dunno about next week but I reckon last night you had a watery bottom!!!!1

Fred the scardy cat :rolleyes: :bunny:

You were right to be scared following me. I am trying to think of the last time a bike of mine stepped that far but cant. I reckon the clenched butt cheeks and a lot of good luck held it upright. Mind you, if I was posting this on some of the other internet boards, then it was down to inordinate skill finely honed over many years that even Rossi dreams of, immaculate throttle control, phenomenal bike set up all cos I slid on a pile of bull **** in the road.

Now Waterley Bottom next week, sounds good to me and I know a few good roads so get the knobblies fitted. ha ha ha :lol: Do you fancy the 1 in 4 of Breakheart Hill or the 1 in 5 with hairpin at the other end.