PDA

View Full Version : Ped's Piccies!

Pedro
02-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Numero uno!!

Piccies of Leo Vince carbon can mountings showing the spacers for Fosse Foxfight!!

Pedro
02-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Numero duo!

pic of indicators for Desmodog!

They're from Busters mail order, £20 per pair. Be warned - you need to insulate them when mounting else you'll blow fuses! I did, four times before I realised.....

Ped

DesmoDog
03-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Hmm the dogs indeed - and very similar to the Ducati issue. How do you isolate?

steviej
03-08-2004, 08:39 AM

Should imagine it'd be with thin rubber/plastic penny washers.

DesmoDog
03-08-2004, 09:11 AM
oh yes, thee they are in the piccy. D'oh

steviej
03-08-2004, 09:15 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fosse Foxfight
03-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Numero uno!!

Piccies of Leo Vince carbon can mountings showing the spacers for Fosse Foxfight!!

Ped, you total dude man :cool:

Ta like.

Wi iz dem kanz so massiv leik init. Dey iz monsta egzorstz on a monsta beik init. Wel wikkid.

ahem :o

Sean

Pedro
03-08-2004, 12:14 PM

Turned up some plastic spacers - I have a drawing somewhere if you want it!

Ped

Pedro
03-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Wi iz dem kanz so massiv leik init. Dey iz monsta egzorstz on a monsta beik init. Wel wikkid.

Sean

Eh? I'm not from Staines so can you translate......??

:D

Fosse Foxfight
03-08-2004, 01:05 PM
OK, so the big spacer sits against the standard rubber mount, and then using the bolt supplied by LV you go thru and i guess the plastic adapter you made was identical to the original apart from the ID which is clearance size for the bolt yes?

Anybody else out there using Leo Vince cans?

Sean

DesmoDog
03-08-2004, 02:56 PM
No wait, wasn't the plastic spacer for the indicator?

Pedro
03-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Fosse

The LV Pipes come with a big spacer and a Top Hat shaped spacer. The later sits in the rubber from the inside and gives the bolt something to lock up on....

oh, hang on, I'll go home and take it apart to photo it........

Ped

Pedro
03-08-2004, 09:28 PM
OK Fosse!

Pay attention!! Here are some piccies of the bolt set up! One shows the bolt in the foot rest hanger and the other shows the order in which they all go together with the rubbers from the footrest hanger!

Hope this helps!

Ped

BTW - the skinny nose mole grips (as can be seen!) make life much easier as the clamp strap stays in place!

Fosse Foxfight
04-08-2004, 09:09 AM
OK Fosse!

Pay attention!! Here are some piccies of the bolt set up! One shows the bolt in the foot rest hanger and the other shows the order in which they all go together with the rubbers from the footrest hanger!

Hope this helps!

Ped

BTW - the skinny nose mole grips (as can be seen!) make life much easier as the clamp strap stays in place!

Aaaaah the solution........the top hat piece aint in mine, explaining my befuddlement. To the lathe he cries!!!!!!

Ta Ped

Pedro
04-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Fosse

let me know if you want some dimensions to work to - I can take my top hat spacer out and measure it if you want.

Ped

Fosse Foxfight
04-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Ped, Im just using the dimensions from the old top hat and increasing the id to take the M8 bolt on the LVs.

So that should make it a 12mm dia. to go thru the rubbers x 21mm long.

Pedro
04-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Sounds about right from memory. If I get a moment tonight, I'll check it against mine!

Ped