PDA

View Full Version : Clophill Weekly Tuesday Bike Meet

madhatter
02-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Ok Everyone,

The good weather looks like it is going to hold out for a bit longer, so who is up for a run to Clophill again this week? There was quite a good showing of Monster owners last week and even a couple of new faces, so lets try to keep the ball rolling. I'll be leaving from the Flitwick Petrol Station again at 7:45, so if anyone want's to meet up here at 7:30, we can roll in together!

Does anyone from North or South of Beds and Bucks fancy a nice long ride-out Tuesday, with a chance to put faces to forum names??

Chris
02-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I may well see you there this week. fingers x'ed

madhatter
02-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Be nice to see you there Chris......you can have a look at my DIY Corse stripe kit!!!

Dutchman
02-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Not gonna make it this week, I have actually amanged to arrange a trip to the cinema for the first time this year!

peteS4
02-08-2004, 04:46 PM
i'll be there............... in a fecking car again :(

STORMIE
02-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Madhatter,

i will be going to Clophill this tuesday, i'll try and meet you at the petrol station, i think i know the one, or i'll see at clophill.

madhatter
03-08-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi Stormie,

If you are coming from the Woburn direction, on the Bypass around Ampthill, it is the first main Ampthill/Flitwick roundabout (after that silly little mini r/bout thing). You will see the Shell Petrol Station on your right.

I will be there until 7:45 then will be heading to Clophill to get parked up.

Be good to see you again Pal. :burnout: :burnout:

madhatter
03-08-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm still at work.......it's getting hotter and stuffier by the minute........I've seriously had enough crap and ****e for one day.......I want to be out on my Monster.......now!.....right now!....I want to be outside the Pub in Clophill drinking a cool pint......talking bikes....looking at bikes.....surrounded by bikes.....and just to make matters worse.....I know of some lucky sods who have been off work all day.....will the nightmare never end!!!!! :mad: :mad:

peteS4
03-08-2004, 02:24 PM
but said lucky sod isnt getting paid to be off work........... and also said lucky sod will be driving to a bike meet on a wonderful summers evening in a fecking pug 306..................... yeah............... i'm sooooooooooooo lucky...............

madhatter
03-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Ahhhh...but Pete my old Dude....you can't be as lucky in Love as you are and expect to be lucky in other things as well!!!

peteS4
03-08-2004, 02:31 PM
lol............... sod off................. :lol:

madhatter
03-08-2004, 03:39 PM
After a hot stuffy day, it now looks like the storms are about to unleash upon the Herts, Beds, Bucks areas.......it's as black as coal in Herts at the moment and thundering away. My "roving weather reporter" informs me that it is bucketing down in Milton Keynes! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If we get the heavy rain that's forecast I won't be struggling over to Clophill, as the Pub is far too small to get 150 soggy bikers inside.....if the weather blows over and stays dry, I will be at the Flitwick/Ampthill roundabout Petrol Station for 7.30.......Watch The Skys... :(

madhatter
11-08-2004, 07:18 AM
Great to see you all on your Monnies last night;

Dutchman, Stormie, Doc, Chris, PeteS4 (in ya Peug) and the Guy on the Senna Monnie whose name I can't remember.....Nice that we all got to park up together, with no two bikes looking the same, certainly gave people a thing or two to have a look at! Noticed the Police Astra drove past a couple of times, but hear that the copper is infact a biker and was admiring the bikes, he wasn't suposed to be there!! :lol:

See you Guys, next time....if anyone else wants to go...PM me and we can meet up at 7.30.

madhatter
07-09-2004, 07:20 AM
If the weather is still dry, I'm going to Clophill from the Flitwick/Ampthill Petrol Station at 7.30 tonight. Not sure how many more Tuesday evenings we will get before the sleet/hail/snow/ice begins to descend, so I'm making the most of what ones are left.....if you fancy a ride out for a burger/pint/chat as well, meet me either at the petrol station or at Clophill itself. ;)

Chappers has said she can't make it any longer because it is getting dark. I'm not sure if this is because she grows fangs and a fine covering of dark hair when the moon comes out, I'll check with Pete S4. :lol:

Chappers
07-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Chappers has said she can't make it any longer because it is getting dark. I'm not sure if this is because she grows fangs and a fine covering of dark hair when the moon comes out, I'll check with Pete S4. :lol:

What you on about hun...I look like that in daylight! :eek:

Tell you what, if the weather is ok next Tuesday and you lot are defo going I will come along and say hi; whether I'm in a car with Pete or by myself or if someone wants to kindly chuck me on the back of their bike.

I'll have to get eating those carrots so I can see in the dark :lol:

madhatter
07-09-2004, 08:38 AM
....Tell you what, if the weather is ok next Tuesday and you lot are defo going I will come along and say hi.....

I should think so as well!!!!!! "Ooh, I can't make it tonight as I'm having a candle-light supper with the Duke and Duchess of Flitvale", lardy, lardy' la!! :lol: :lol:

Don't forget if the weather holds, there is also Italian Night at the Ace Cafe this Thursday 9th, if you and the "Peug-Master" fancy a run down to see some other exotic Italian Bikes!! :D

Chappers
07-09-2004, 09:08 AM
I should think so as well!!!!!! "Ooh, I can't make it tonight as I'm having a candle-light supper with the Duke and Duchess of Flitvale", lardy, lardy' la!! :lol: :lol:

Don't forget if the weather holds, there is also Italian Night at the Ace Cafe this Thursday 9th, if you and the "Peug-Master" fancy a run down to see some other exotic Italian Bikes!! :D

I'm having pub grub in Kempston with 2 ex-employees, hardly lardy flippin' la :p

I'll try and work my magic on Pete and talk him into us going on Thursday night but don't get your hopes up as it all depends on what time we both finish work.

madhatter
07-09-2004, 09:21 AM
....don't get your hopes up as it all depends on what time we both finish work.....

If Pete finishes early......you could always go for a "dental check-up"...and then get there before us??? (Oooh, I'm a sneaky sod!). :twisted:

Chappers
07-09-2004, 09:35 AM
If Pete finishes early......you could always go for a "dental check-up"...and then get there before us??? (Oooh, I'm a sneaky sod!). :twisted:

You cheeky sod! :mad:

I'm lucky if I get out of work before 7pm most days and lately Pete's been doing quite a few late runs as far as I know, so no doubt Pete will let you know.

madhatter
07-09-2004, 09:41 AM
....Pete's been doing quite a few late runs as far as I know, so no doubt Pete will let you know.

Yeah...I'd noticed that his work pattern had changed quite a bit, he use to be out at the "crack of sparrow" and then back home and on the forum by about 2.00. The last couple of times I've spoken with him he has still been 100s of miles away late into the afternoon.

You're still there at 7????? Who in your office still needs coffee making at that time of night!!! :lol: :lol: (I know.......I'm in deep trouble now!) :lol:

Anyway, it'll be grand to see you there if you are both able to make it. :D

Chappers
07-09-2004, 10:00 AM
You're still there at 7????? Who in your office still needs coffee making at that time of night!!! :lol: :lol: (I know.......I'm in deep trouble now!) :lol:

Most of the time I am at work til 7pm, sometimes later and I don't make tea or coffee as I don't drink it so nurrrrrrrr :p

I can get so much done when the phone stops ringing and everyone has buggered off at 5pm.

madhatter
07-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi Doc,

Just got your message......I'll see you at the Flitwick Petrol Station to leave at 7.30.....if Stormie, Laurent, Kevlar Kid, or Dutchman want to meet up there, that's cool to!

Elaine, Chris, are either of you coming over from Bedford? :D

:mad: :mad: Don't forget that those people for whom we pay our council tax, to stop scumbags from breaking into houses and nicking our bikes, will most likely be parked up in the layby with their little cameras and speeding tickets at the ready.......be careful... :mad: :mad:

madhatter
14-09-2004, 12:24 PM
The way work has been going yesterday and now today.. :mad: ......it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it over to Clophill tonight.... :(

So, if anyone is meeting up at the usual Flitwick Petrol Station, don't wait for me, 'cos I may still be at work causing "death by microsoft powerpoint"!... :mad:

Just hoping that I get away on time Friday.....I can hear the Bike Rally beer tent calling to me...... :twisted:

The Kevlar Kid
14-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I'll not be there either. Combination of putting my neck/back out so that I can't even pull a crash helmet on and the mother in law is turning up tonight to stay for a week or so (oh joy...)

madhatter
14-09-2004, 07:02 PM
I'll not be there either. Combination of putting my neck/back out......and the mother in law is turning up tonight to stay for a week or so....

So two pains in the neck then!......Oh...Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!.... :lol: .

Ahem......sorry KK!!! I only got in from work about 20 minutes ago and It's been a long day, think I better have a cold beer and try to get a grip on my senses again... :o ;)

Hope those of you who do make it tonight, have a good time! :D

The Kevlar Kid
15-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Lovely woman my mother in law. She's a test pilot you know......
At the local broomstick factory.

The Kevlar Kid
21-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Is anyone going tonight?????

STORMIE
21-09-2004, 04:28 PM
i'm going to clophill tonight.

madhatter
21-09-2004, 09:35 PM

Sorry Guys, my Monster is still in pieces waiting for me to send off for a new starter motor relay, so I went to my Sons house to watch "Shaun of the dead" instead. Hope to be back on two wheels again by the end of the month as I'm also rather busy at work at the moment.

See you soon. MH ;)

Chappers
22-09-2004, 09:12 AM
so I went to my Sons house to watch "Shaun of the dead" instead. See you soon. MH ;)

How freaky is that Steve?!!?!?! Pete and I stayed in to watch Shaun of the Dead too last night :eek: Funniest film I've seen in ages :lol:

Hope you get your bike fixed up soon hun.

See ya soon
H :p

The Kevlar Kid
22-09-2004, 09:28 AM
i'm going to clophill tonight.

Sorry If I missed you Stormie. I didn't get there until about 8, had a slow ride through, didn't spot any monsters amongst the 20 or so bikes there so went home to be sociable to the mother-in-law (nice).

I drop her off at the airport tomorrow, not that I want to do her a favour, just want to make sure she's gone..... :twisted: :twisted: :bunny:

madhatter
22-09-2004, 12:06 PM
How freaky is that Steve?!!?!?! Pete and I stayed in to watch Shaun of the Dead too last night :eek: Funniest film I've seen in ages.....

Ahhhh! A nice bottle of red wine........candle-light........and zombies biting lumps out of people's neck.....what could be a more romantic way for you to spend an evening??? ;)

Glad to let you know that in between Beer, Popcorn and Revels, we had a bloody good laugh as well!

The bike won't take long to fix, I'm just in no hurry as I go away on holiday in a week anyway. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Chappers
22-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Ahhhh! A nice bottle of red wine........candle-light........and zombies biting lumps out of people's neck.....what could be a more romantic way for you to spend an evening??? ;)

Glad to let you know that in between Beer, Popcorn and Revels, we had a bloody good laugh as well!

The bike won't take long to fix, I'm just in no hurry as I go away on holiday in a week anyway. :cool: :cool: :cool:

We had fish n chips, lemonade and a housemate that sat all the way through it telling us 'oh, i love this bit!' :lol:

Well, you've got a bike that won't stop and GaryN's got a bike that won't start :rolleyes:

Bet you can't wait to go to Tunisia?! :D

madhatter
22-09-2004, 12:41 PM
We had fish n chips, lemonade and a housemate that sat all the way through it telling us 'oh, i love this bit!'....Bet you can't wait to go to Tunisia?! :D

That PeteS4 certainly knows how to show a girl a good time!!! :lol:

My Daughter-in-law is banned from watching films with us, as she provides a running commentry, critiscises anything remotely far-fetched, screams loudly at the slightest "jumpy part" and keeps asking things like, who's he? what's he doing now then?...arn't people like that fun.. :mad:

The thought of sun-bleached white sand, two swimming pools, three resturants and three bars with constant 80 degree sunshine is beginning to sound more appealing than both work and this dreary cold weather here at the moment.

How's your bike test preparation going then? Have you been out on the road yet with one of Chris's 500cc Bikes?

Chappers
22-09-2004, 12:47 PM
That PeteS4 certainly knows how to show a girl a good time!!! :lol:

My Daughter-in-law is banned from watching films with us, as she provides a running commentry, critiscises anything remotely far-fetched, screams loudly at the slightest "jumpy part" and keeps asking things like, who's he? what's he doing now then?...arn't people like that fun.. :mad:

Did I forget to mention we spent the first hour in the garage...I was watching him fix bits on his bike (stop thinking rude stuff Steve) :o He looks sooo sexy when he's all grubby :p

I do hate it when people sit there talking all the way through it but Strangely Brown isn't so bad, he's just lonely me thinks :lol:

Chappers
22-09-2004, 12:50 PM
How's your bike test preparation going then? Have you been out on the road yet with one of Chris's 500cc Bikes?

Well, as you well know I've done the CBT and theory now, I am out with Chris this Saturday morning for 2hrs, 1hr on a 125cc again just to refresh my brain and the 2nd hour on a 500cc...unless I really have forgotten everything from my CBT 2 weeks ago?! :confused:

Realistically I want to be taking my big test before Christmas as Chris has said the new harder test comes out between January and July, so I need the next few weekends to go out and have more lessons.

How's Mrs Madhatter getting on, anymore lessons, test booked yet for when you get back off hols? Tell her to get her arse out round mine sometime soon and I'll drag her down the pub :D

madhatter
22-09-2004, 12:59 PM
.....I am out with Chris this Saturday morning for 2hrs, 1hr on a 125cc and the 2nd hour on a 500cc....

Let Mrs Madhatter know how you got on......you can compare notes then... :D

As for her going down the pub... I don't think she has finished the washing and ironing yet and the house needs dusting and my dinner needs cooking....so there are plenty of Marital duties to keep her occupied rather than wasting money in the boozer, which she could spend on larger for me in Tunisia....(Ooh, am I glad she's not on the forum!)... :D :D

Chappers
22-09-2004, 01:08 PM
As for her going down the pub... I don't think she has finished the washing and ironing yet and the house needs dusting and my dinner needs cooking....so there are plenty of Marital duties to keep her occupied rather than wasting money in the boozer, which she could spend on larger for me in Tunisia....(Ooh, am I glas she's not on the forum!)... :D :D

I really hope she buys a Monster and registers with UKMOC, then she can go through and see what you've just said about her :eek:

Mind you, she doesn't have to have a Monster to register, you never know, she might already be registered?! :twisted:

STORMIE
22-09-2004, 06:00 PM
I went and saw kevlar kid ride passed, quite a few bikes there, so wasn't a complete waste of time.

STORMIE
23-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Sorry If I missed you Stormie. I didn't get there until about 8, had a slow ride through, didn't spot any monsters amongst the 20 or so bikes there so went home to be sociable to the mother-in-law (nice).

I drop her off at the airport tomorrow, not that I want to do her a favour, just want to make sure she's gone..... :twisted: :twisted: :bunny:
Thats ok, i left shortly after you anyway, the pub is closed for refurbishment. so might catch you next time.

Always nice to see the mother-in-law go home, did you put her on the freight plane or the galaxy jumbo.

The Kevlar Kid
25-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Sorry I missed you. I knew I should have stopped anyway.

Sadly she flies BA, the money she save getting me to play Taxi probably helps pay for it. Still, my house is once again my own......