PDA

View Full Version : 11th September - Brighton Speed Trials

JMo
31-07-2004, 11:39 PM
The annual Brighton Speed trials are to be held on Saturday (yes, that's Saturday... ahem) the 11th September this year.

As last year, I would hope to arrange a lunch at an Italian restaurant, then spend (some of) the afternoon watching the sprint racing - of course this year, we'll do it on the actual day, rather than the day after... ahem.

So, please check specific thread in Sussex Events closer to the time for further information - but feel free to post your interest here.

JennyMo

xxx

james t
31-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Count me in on this one jen, I missed it last year for some reason!!

Regards James t.

__________________________________________________ ___________

You have to kiss a lot of frogs etc. etc.

benson
08-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Hello again JMo - :lol: I'd love to come play on the seafront and watch machines whip past and the idea of lunch is good too but not as good as the fun fair (blame a childish whim for all fast rides and the fact that I haven't been to Alton Towers for far far far too long.... :eek: ) So yes the 11th is in the diary and I await further instructions!!!

Rachel and Frank with his far too expensive rear shock but value baked beans and baked potatoes ARE my favourite food.....

Fodder
10-08-2004, 09:52 PM
I went several years ago when a guy put his Ferrari into the arches, big noise huge fireball and not a lot left of the driver.
I'll be up for that one Jen. Is it safer now?
Can you get tickets or is it just turn up on the day?

JMo
11-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Watching is free - well from the terraces it is anyway, if you can squeeze into a suitable spot...

Plan would be to meet for an earlish lunch - say 12 - 12.30, then wander over and watch the racing, with perhaps a ride-out to Bury Hill for a cuppa later in the afternoon if the weather is especially fine. Would suggest we use the same restaurant as last year, as we can park outside and hopefully sit in the sun!

Will post more info in specific thread in Sussex events section closer to the time...

xxx

nik_the_brief
11-08-2004, 09:14 AM
I'll probably tag along too - if I survive the trip with the family to the Dordogne and back to stay with my old man for a fortnight. Think I'll need the chance to blow the cobwebs off the Monnie after a 2 week lay up (missing it already!!). :D

JMo
31-08-2004, 08:07 PM
OK people - please can you let me know (here) if you are planning on attending this lunch, as I need an idea of numbers to let the restaurant know.

We shall be using Al Duomo's again (in Pavillion Buildings, just behind the Royal Pavillion itself) as they do a fixed price menu (it will be under a £10 for two courses), and we can park our bikes right outside on the paved precinct (oh yes we can officer!)

As last year, the plan would be for local areas to meet independently, and ride down to Brighton to meet at the restaurant from midday. After lunch we can walk down to watch the drag racing for a bit, then if people fancy a run, a shortish rideout to Bury Hill for a cuppa around 4pm-ish would make a great end to the day...

Hope to see you there!

JennyMo

xxx

Julie
31-08-2004, 08:14 PM
me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Fodder
31-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Collie and myself will be there, put us down for lunch Jen.

robht
01-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi Jenny,

Put me down for lunch please.

benson
01-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Me too please - :) can't guarantee I'll have the monster back (what electrical problems??? :confused: ) but I'll be there on another two wheeled hoonie mobile IF ALL ELSE FAILS!!! :burnout:

JMo
06-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone - we will be meeting (and eating!) at Al Duomo, 2 Pavillion Buildings, Brighton.

See map below.

Basically, if you are coming into Brighton down the main A23 (which is ok by bike, but a nightmare in a car), then head south (towards the sea, dummy) down the one-way system - you'll pass St. Peter's church on your right, pass though two sets of lights, then you need to be in the right hand lane to turn right at the next set of lights before your reach the Royal Pavillion itself. Turn right and cross over the one-way system into Church Street, then take the next left (past the Dome theatre) into New Road, left again at the end into North Street, then second left into Pavilion Buildings (which is a paved precinct, but we can park next to the restaurant itself).

Meeting at the restaurant from Midday (until about 2pm), with a prior meeting point for those further north - P&H motorcycles in Crawley (RH10 9RD) from 11am, leaving 11.30am for a ride-in with Didge & Co.

Hope to see you there!

JennyMo

xxx