PDA

View Full Version : Big Up To Ducati Leeds

logyk
31-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Having negotiated a great deal on my new S4R from the above bike emporium
I was resigned to being ripped off somewhat on the first service (labour to be paid for as well as parts and consumables).

Today was the big day. Not only did I get to watch a superbly skilled mechanic at work I also observed everything done to my bike.....yes the belts were re-tensioned ....yes the chain was adjusted :D :D

The mechanic was working on my bike for some 2 hours ........then the bike was road tested and returned to customer parking. I attended service reception .......ready with a sharp intake of breath.

Lo and behold, when the bill was presented the grand total was £123 plus a few pence. Labour was charged at £35 / hour plus Greedy Gordon's tipple.
I was delighted...especially when I rode the bike which was transformed .
Previously it had been reluctant to rev smoothly from less than approx 4750 rpm. Now much more eager and of course, as the service had been done, more revs are on offer :twisted: :twisted:

Just finished fitting high level carbon termis/new ecu /open air filter courtesy of NIT (thanks Nattyboy). Road testing starts in earnest tomorrow morning!!!! ;) ;)

Thank you Ducati Leeds ....now please arrange delivery of my outstanding extras and life will be just dandy. :cool: :cool:

Tezzer
01-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Hmm, sounds like a poor deal, but if your happy......
I went to Ducati leeds, and they couldn't match te deal offered by Moto Italia in Lincoln, which included the labour on the first service. Total bill, £55. I also had the free use of a courtesy bike for a week, while I was away on business, and as the mechanics are all ex- RAF tradesmen I have total confidence in their abilities and proffesionalism. Horses for courses.

logyk
01-08-2004, 06:27 PM
I have had a bike from Italia and they service my 999 and 996....but they were unwilling to get anywhere near the deal I got from Ducati Leeds.......even allowing for the £70 + VAT I paid for the service I saved around £600 plus the fitting charges (unspecified by Italia but to be based on time - in the price at Leeds) on the fitting of a radial brakes/Ohlins forks.

I can assure you I did my sums ! ;)

A Yerbury
01-08-2004, 06:32 PM
2 hours at 35=70 + vat? oh well plugs ,oil and filter can all add up I suppose, and having seen belts and chain done you'll be able to do it yourself in future! doesnt sound all that bad actually.
AY

Macca
02-08-2004, 10:24 AM
After reading this post I was filled with optimism, for I too got a good deal on my M800 a couple of weeks ago and feared a huge first service bill.

As it turns out I was not disappointed. Just got off the phone, they are trying to charge me £215 :eek:

I reminded them that I actually bought the bike from them and I know for a fact that they just serviced an S4 for well under what they were quoting me.

They said that the S4 owner must have negotiated a deal with the salesman at the time of purchase and the 1st service takes over 4 1/2 hours so they can't budge on the price.

I told them that Italsport would do it for £150 (and would have done it for next to nothing if I had bought the bike from them), and they simply said sorry it's still £215.

It's safe to say that they have lost my custom for anything but warranty work in the future....

Macca

A Yerbury
02-08-2004, 10:30 AM
4 1/2 hours? lazy sods.

logyk
02-08-2004, 10:53 AM
After reading this post I was filled with optimism, for I too got a good deal on my M800 a couple of weeks ago and feared a huge first service bill.

As it turns out I was not disappointed. Just got off the phone, they are trying to charge me £215 :eek:

I reminded them that I actually bought the bike from them and I know for a fact that they just serviced an S4 for well under what they were quoting me.

They said that the S4 owner must have negotiated a deal with the salesman at the time of purchase and the 1st service takes over 4 1/2 hours so they can't budge on the price.

I told them that Italsport would do it for £150 (and would have done it for next to nothing if I had bought the bike from them), and they simply said sorry it's still £215.

It's safe to say that they have lost my custom for anything but warranty work in the future....

Macca

Sorry to hear of your woes mate!

I suggest you you go and watch your bike being worked on (if you have time). Then you will know how long they take. There is a viewing window designed for that very purpose.

On the servicing side I have no quibbles with Italia...apart from the fact that you have to book about 6 weeks or more in advance !

I do not know why an air - cooled bike should take longer to service than the water-cooled version on a first service. If it helps I will fax you the list of items from my service book (or does your book contain the info ?) .... if you supply a fax number.

Hope you get sorted. :(

Macca
02-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks for that logyk,

Don't worry about faxing the service items over - just rang Italsport and I'm in for this Wednesday :)

I'm going to have a word with the salesman at Ducati Leeds to let him know of my disappointment...

Macca

logyk
02-08-2004, 11:30 AM
OK....but did you actually speak to the service staff at Leeds? .....cos the salesman gave me an estimate for the first service which was far higher than the actual cost....then again I was watching so I was aware of the time taken.

Hope you are still "in" pocket on the whole deal ...I know I am ! :cool:

Macca
02-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Yup - I asked for the service department and got put though to a nice Lady (well nice up unitl she tried taking £215 off me :) )

Macca

Macca
02-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Well after today's disappointment I sent a stinking email off to Ducati Leeds, leaving them in no doubt about how I felt :mad:

A few hours later the gaffer rings me back explaining that there has been a 'Misunderstanding - Apparently the service girl thought I was enquiring about a Multistrada not a Monster 800 (how when I said 'Monster 800' I don't know) and the price I was quoted was the Maximum that could be charged i.e. 4 hours labour - when in fact it will only take 2 hours and therefore only be £120ish.

Sounds like a lot of balls to me but at least I'm getting serviced for a reasonable price :cool:

It's just a shame that I've had to go though 3 phone calls and an email to get here. :(

Macca

logyk
02-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Glad to hear you got sorted macca....solidarity has its uses ! :twisted: