PDA

View Full Version : Noise, I need noise!!

hammy
29-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I've had my 750 monster about 18 months from new, & due to financial restraints, have not been able to carry out ANY mods yet... apart from peeling off the '750 Monster' stickers from the side panels :o

However I'm slowly managing to scrape together a few bob & think it's about time I invested in some seriously noisy cans :D A friend of mine rides an Aprillia Falco 1000 (V-twin) furnished with a pair of high level Renegade exhausts. They're fantastic, a real deep thunderous rumble that can put the frightners on a Granny from 3 quarters of a mile :twisted:

A set of low level Renegades are at the top of my shopping list at the moment, but want/need as much help & advice as I can get, as 500 quid doesn't come easy!

All cheaper and/or noisier options considered :D

A Yerbury
29-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I have some remus grand prix cans in alloy, 380 new as there are a couple of scratches I ll take 130. someone else here is interseted though so be quick. yes, loud.
Alex

hammy
29-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Alex
Are they the Oval Race version or the Road/Race with removeable baffle? How old are they? A couple of scratches, does that mean 2? Or has someone been scrubbing them with a wire brush? :D
Why are you getting rid?

Sorry for ALL the questions :o

One more thing, forgive my ignorance, but where the hell is Brideshead? :confused:
Cheers David

dean
29-07-2004, 02:02 PM
re- noisy cans
have a look at member manc skanc's bike, it has low level cans which not only look the business but sound loud with a capital ow! by far the most radical choice to frighten octogenarians across the land.

A Yerbury
29-07-2004, 03:26 PM
oval no baffles but i got ny mot okay. got some carbon ones thats why they are off, sound wise very similar to sil. scratch on either side where previous owner rubbed against post I think not deep enough and low enough to look like results of a spill, they polish up like mirrors and are the exact same cans ducati rebadge as ducati performance. Manks I belive are made by road racing italy and curl up under the bike, very low level as opposed to low level, being made by Road racing they are lovely but come with a price tag to match

psychlist
29-07-2004, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=dean]re- noisy cans
by far the most radical choice to frighten octogenarians..... QUOTE]

and maybe get you pulled? The deep throaty roar is a nice part of the Ducati experience but be careful of going TOO loud, you'll probably attract attention of the unwanted kind :eek:

dean
29-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Alex, the cans are roadracing italy (i had the bike modified, sold it to mank), are also expensive, but i have seen seconhand sets going quite cheap on ebay from time to time. regarding noise, yes they're noisy, but nicey!

hammy
29-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Alex
Thanks for the info. I'd prefer new (minus scratches) :) , but with cash at a premium, I'm undecided whether to spend a fortune for some shiny new uns, or get that 'run in' look for 130 quid :D
I'll let you know
Cheers Hammy

Gizmo
29-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Try Busters, I just got a set of Leo Vince Titanium pipes for me SP2 for £350, they had race hi level oval cans to fit later Monsters for 350 per pair, thats a good discount off RRP

08702 412040

Pedro
29-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Buster's did well!

I just got another set of Leo Vince SBK (E Marked Legal) for £300 and they're still loud!!

They got a couple of sets left!

Ped

Billy Bigwheels
29-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Our sponsor Spareshack have been selling DP cans & similar for peanuts lately.

Best to give them a ring first IMO.

A Yerbury
29-07-2004, 08:49 PM
no worries, I may even keep them If space doesnt want them as they sound nicer than my sils on the over run. good luck. but if you are in the midlands area feel free to drop by for a cup of char and a look.( Im throwing in a neutral switch, 2 side panels and a spare carb heater kit too)
Alex.

james007
29-07-2004, 08:54 PM
I got some Remus DP's lately from Spareshack, look and sound the beezniss. Only problem with loud pipes - they're always loud! No quick silent getaways or entrances dude.....from now on they know when you're nearby! :twisted:

A Yerbury
29-07-2004, 09:03 PM
on the plus side "loud pipes save lives" its good that some deaf old duffers know you are nearby!

hammy
30-07-2004, 08:47 AM
You're like a load of fountains, all bursting with knowledge :) I'll do some ringing round, see what I can find.
Cheers to all.

Alex
Still not forgotten about you. Thanks for the invite :D
Hammy

manc skank
30-07-2004, 08:56 AM
hehe mine are so loud, when i lane split all i have to do is rev a little and even the BMWs move over. :D