PDA

View Full Version : interesting article...

MotoNik
28-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Good article here about why you should let your bike idle before riding it;

http://www.sigmaperformance.com/rockers.html

Nigel C
28-07-2004, 05:13 PM
always start mine sitting on it (only when it's been sat overnight and is stone cold )and let it idle till the temp gauge moves i never use the fast idle button (still hasn't stopped it needing a rocker on the rear pot at the next service :confused: )

logyk
28-07-2004, 06:01 PM
It seems to me it is time someone took Ducati on over this issue.

I have had rockers replaced on a bike which is now out of warranty.

I paid my dealer extra to check the rockers at the last service.

I was assured that they were ok ....but I suspect that he knew I was planning to insist on them being replaced if there was a problem.

I am tempted to use another dealer next service, not mention the rockers and see what happens!

If I do have problems I intend to take Ducati on over it....I cannot accept that the engine should need replacement parts after so few miles !

Rant over :rolleyes:

MotoNik
04-08-2004, 12:16 PM
That sounds bad - I was under the impression they "fixed" the problem in 2001 with a new type of chroming. I would definitely be on to Ducati UK about that.

How many miles has your bike done??

DesmoDog
04-08-2004, 12:21 PM
I always use the fast idle thingy - on my 02, and now on my 97 - then let them run until the thing won't stall when I shut it. Both would stall from cold if not. Maybe it's living up here with our Summer temp of 19 that does it.

logyk
04-08-2004, 12:28 PM
My 996 has done 8500 milesand was registered in March 2002 although it was a 2001 bike.

I will be following this up if there is a problem !