PDA

View Full Version : Ashby Folville 10th August Ride Out

Julie
27-07-2004, 06:18 PM
A great chance to have an evening ride out.

Its going t be a big bike night meet. Once a month and August is the big one.

So I suggest we meet at 6 hills and ride on over.

Can we meet at 6 hills at about 7.15pm

Cheers

Julie

Drucilla
27-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Count Drucilla and Spike in

logyk
27-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I am up for that too .....as long as it is not p*ssing it down ! :twisted:

Mand
01-08-2004, 07:10 PM
We'll come too! :)

Julie
03-08-2004, 06:28 AM
...so its 6 hills tonight and the classic bike night next week....

Julie
06-08-2004, 06:18 AM
See you all tuesday and have a nice weekend ..

We will be riding back from brighton on tuesday and will be back in time for the evening ride out.

julie

x

logyk
10-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Is this still on ?
The weather is decidely tropical here ....and I don't mean sunny ! :(
There is a chance it will brighten up but it is not too promising right now.
Anyone else pondering ? :confused:

Mand
10-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Hiya, I'm fed up with the weather, one minute pouring, one minute hot and sticky, got a txt message from J & R (they are travelling back from Brighton) and they say the weather is okay where they are and they still seem up for it.

Not sure what to say really.

Can it be trusted to clear up with tonight?

:(

logyk
10-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi Mand,

I am going to leave it as long as possible before making a decision.

How about posting at say 6.15 ?

I should like to go ...but not if it means fitting water wings ! :mad:

Drucilla
10-08-2004, 02:34 PM
I have broken my bloody toe, did it this morning, not sure if i can ride a bike, can't walk properly, and the weather is clearing as well.

logyk
10-08-2004, 03:21 PM
I have broken my bloody toe, did it this morning, not sure if i can ride a bike, can't walk properly, and the weather is clearing as well.

OUCH!!!!!!!!! :eek:

jason cursley
10-08-2004, 03:31 PM
I can officially confirm the clouds are all rained out. It will be sunny for the rest of the month from now on.

Looking forward to seeing you all at 7:15, and for those going over to Ashby Folville there is a free icecream waiting for you, from me. That's one to share by the way. Baggy having first lick!

logyk
10-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Jason,

Whilst I believe you may be right about the immediate weather prospects I would wager a substantial pot that you are a little on the optimistic side regarding the remainder of the month !

Thanks for the offer on the ice cream ......I will pass however .....never did enjoy sloppy seconds. :twisted:

See you later.

Julie
10-08-2004, 03:46 PM
hellooooooo We are back in loughborough from a great long weekend with Jen in brighton...been back about 20 mins after spending 40 mins on the A46 collecting all my clothes from the road after the zip on my bag came open...AARRGGGHHH...my levis now have that 'run over by a lorry look'...hmmm nice!
It was rather Impressive. Ruth had lead all the way home and We came off the m1 on the A46 and I over took ...about half a mile down the road my bag zip came open and my levis flew out and nearly wiped ruth out...then the rest of my clothes and shoes!! we managed to save everything apart from my belt! bugger i loved that belt...ruth will be fine when she gets back from hospital....bugger I loved that belt!!!

Anyway....the weather is great and we want to see you all tonight....so if you guys are still up for it then we are.....??

PS. Only kidding about the hospital...but bugger i loved that belt!

jason cursley
10-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Julie I will be happy to give you a belt if you like. I may need a few Stella's first though.

See you later.

Julie
10-08-2004, 04:02 PM
ho ho ho Mr Cursley...oh I HAVE missed this forum !!!!

Julie
10-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Great to see you all tonight.

What a flipping funny night!! I have never seen anything like that.!!

I was laughing all the way home. It was totally bizzar tonight wasnt it? Classic cars and bikes all over the place. i had a great time....i'm sure the villagers did too!!!! grid lock TOTAL grid lock

thanks for taking us over stu. hope the toe gets better soon nat... and have a great holiday x

logyk your s4r looks top banana...nice colour as well!!

and jason you really must stop doing those wheelies and knocking your number plate off!

Thanks for the run home Kev see you during the week?

Jayne we saw your bikes at 6 hills but couldnt find you..

Meatinjector we saw your monster at Ashby but didnt see you.

see you soon
julie

logyk
10-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Julie

Good to see you and Ruth safely returned to civilisation from the nether regions of the country.

Wonder how many bike enthusiasts live in Ashby Folville ?

Isn't that the place the Folvilles lived in the 13C ...they were noble robbers who terrorised Leicestershire if I remember correctly. :rolleyes:

The ice cream was A1 !

Ride safely all .