PDA

View Full Version : My S4R

Vman
27-07-2004, 02:55 AM
I Had a 996s before, found I couldnt use it the way "god" intended,unless I took it to the track everyday, so took a deep breath and traded in for the S4R....

And never looked back....(I couldnt if I wanted too, No mirrors..lol)

So here are pics of whats been done so far...

The front...

Simple, small kellermans, just see them each side of the headlight...

Vman
27-07-2004, 03:05 AM
the Dp clutch plate, springs, caps and open tecmoto cover.

Vman
27-07-2004, 03:08 AM
a simple sprocket cover

Vman
27-07-2004, 03:22 AM
Straight thru, no `orrible brown lumps on my bike thanks...

Vman
27-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Didnt wanna chop it, I owned a m900 before and the previous owner had bodged the tail, so I didnt want to go that route and effect the resale value ( if I ever sell it) so I looked for alternatives and I think its one of the cleanest , tidiest tails I have seen.

Carbon tea tray (no pre-drilled indy holes) clear lens ,LED rear light, built in indys (looks fantastic-ly trick), nice little evolutionzone numberplate hanger.

All very pleasing to the eye, I think you`ll agree...

Vman
27-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Apart from some aluminum Crash protectors and the modded air box and filter...

Yep, the first 1000miles have been fun, cant wait to get it on the track and give it a good thrash....

cheers

Vman

br1an
27-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Well there's no messing about there! ;)

How do you find riding with no mirrors though as I've just got one DP one on the right and I keep having moments in traffic. :eek:

Lovely looking bike.

Brian.

A Yerbury
27-07-2004, 11:30 AM
I dont have any (still searching for the perfect mirror!) so I just look over the shoulder life saver more, which is probably safer than relying on reflections. I only really use mirrors on motorways.

Vman
27-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Just life saver`s , I rerely go on the motorway with it, so not much of a problem...

I love the "no" mirror look....keeps the lines clean. :D

A Yerbury
27-07-2004, 01:48 PM
the nicest Ive seen so far used to be on a chap i knew (his monster not on him), it was a bar end thing that came up and then in on a curved armiture (sp) with a small round mirror about 3 inches across. seem plenty a bit like it but none quite as good. the hunt continues....

Vman
27-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Have you seen the Rizoma catologe?

They got a few trick bits in there...

www.rizoma.com

lots of mirrors and shiney bits...

A Yerbury
27-07-2004, 02:39 PM
their page seems down at the mo but yes they make nice bits if a tad pricey!
Alex (cheapskate)

Vman
27-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Anything you see or like , he can get for you...

A Yerbury
27-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Anything you see or like , he can get for you...
I know, carbon side panels, levers, 2 sprocket covers, belly pan and clip ons are all courtesy of senor spares. "bloody nice bloke"
Alex.

Tezzer
01-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Unless I'm missing something it is an offence under the construction and use regs not to have a mirror fitted.

A Yerbury
01-08-2004, 04:34 PM
perhaps, probably, and your point exactly?! :)

Vman
01-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Everything is F`kin Illegal, cant even breath with out being fined....

Have a look at my S4R and tell me what "is" legal , it`ll save you time....

And yes!!!! You are defenatly missing something...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy Bigwheels
01-08-2004, 10:05 PM
It's not legal cus it's not too safe - simple really. :rolleyes:
But it's not my arse so good luck to yer! (Oh and to the person who brakes unexpextedly in front of you whilst you're performing your "lifesaver" ;) )

Vman
02-08-2004, 11:07 AM
I`ll keep an eye out for that guy who`s gonna brake in front of me....Thanks.

Me, personally, I dont tail-gate cars, either in my car or on my bike...

But thanks anyway....

Your not one of those people who think everything should be banned because you dont do it , or understand it? If so, Maybe you should think about getting into Bollotics.....Ha Ha Ha Ha !!! :lol:

A Yerbury
02-08-2004, 11:26 AM
ditto I always leave room at the front and position myself to the right. no scares.....yet.

steviej
02-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Unless I'm missing something it is an offence under the construction and use regs not to have a mirror fitted.

Everything is F`kin Illegal, cant even breath with out being fined....
Have a look at my S4R and tell me what "is" legal , it`ll save you time....
And yes!!!! You are defenatly missing something...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not legal cus it's not too safe - simple really. :rolleyes:
But it's not my arse so good luck to yer! (Oh and to the person who brakes unexpextedly in front of you whilst you're performing your "lifesaver" ;) )

Gents.......................................

No, it's not a legal requirement to have mirrors on your bike. have none of you peeps MOT'd yours without them ??

I rode mine for three years with no mirrors but kept loosing peeps on runs, so now fitted with bar-enders............................nice and tidy ;)

logyk
02-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Guess you need to slow down stevie....losing peeps....how careless!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

steviej
02-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Guess you need to slow down stevie....losing peeps....how careless!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Yerbury
02-08-2004, 01:44 PM
were you loosing them or were they turning of behind your back? :)

Billy Bigwheels
02-08-2004, 01:56 PM
The question was posed - the question was answered! :confused:
br1an - are you imagining blind spots again?? Scouse taxi drivers are only ever meant to see a fare :D

As to if i'm 'one of those people', well i'm not exactly sure, i'll leave that to you. But hey if stevieJ is right then I have no point but safety so my career in bolitics is over before it's even begun. :(

Maybe I should of opened with 'nice mods' and you would of taken less offence :)

steviej
02-08-2004, 02:24 PM
were you loosing them or were they turning of behind your back? :)

:lol: :lol: You could have a point there, oh Yerbury One :lol: :lol:

steviej
02-08-2004, 02:31 PM
The question was posed - the question was answered! :confused:...................But hey if stevieJ is right.....................

The first time I took it for a MOT, I parked up, the Happy Garage Man came over. It was at this point I realised I'd not put my mirrors back on :eek: I mentioned this to the said Happy Garage Man to which he retorted "It's not a legal requirement for an MOT and why worry about what's behind you. It's what's in front that matters".....................Fairy-nuff me thought. :) :)