PDA

View Full Version : 8th August - Bury Hill tea party

JMo
24-07-2004, 12:19 AM
I am presuming that summer will have eventually arrived by Sunday the 8th August (you would think, huh?), so to celebrate the visit south from our friends of Dorothy that weekend - I am proposing that anyone in the region who's been out for a wizz during the day perhaps, meets for tea at Bury Hill from 4pm onwards, and hopefully we can sleep off our respective hangovers and wonder at my recently won silverware (ahem) in the glory of the afternoon sun...

What that really means is that I'm motocrossing that morning, and my girls will have hopefully dragged themselves out of their drunken bed after Pride the day before...

xxx

PS. If weather is particularly good, we could always head out for a ride and an early evening bite at the Cricketers in Duncton - their Sunday BBQ is legendary.

Julie
24-07-2004, 08:29 AM
The weather will be brillant cause we will bring it down with us and its the day after my birthday!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you southern lot.

Melnie Mouse
24-07-2004, 09:41 AM
that sounds like a good plan :)

Pedro
26-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Will try to be there too!

Ped

JMo
26-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Will try to be there too!

Ped

Just as long as there's not a MotoGP on that afternoon eh?

xxx

Pedro
27-07-2004, 06:35 AM
Just as long as there's not a MotoGP on that afternoon eh?

xxx

Nah, you're alright, next one is at the end of the month!

Ped

Melnie Mouse
27-07-2004, 07:47 AM
The weather will be brillant cause we will bring it down with us and its the day after my birthday!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you sourthern lot.

yeah hope so.... Have a lovely birthday... and like your avatar :)

Julie
28-07-2004, 11:38 AM
yeah hope so.... Have a lovely birthday... and like your avatar :)

Thanks Mel

looking forward to my trip to the sunny side of our land

See you on the 8th

Julie

Melnie Mouse
28-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks Mel

looking forward to my trip to the sunny side of our land

See you on the 8th

Julie

o.k. :) should be lovely ride down in this now brilliant sunshine, and for you to see how the life we lead down here!!! :confused: :)

Albie
28-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Can I come please :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Look forward to it for sure :D :D :bunny:

:bunny: :eek: :burnout: :p

Pauly
31-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Me too, but I don't know where it is. :confused:

Julie
31-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi

Jmo will give you directions next time she logs on.
looking forward to meeting you.

Julie

Banshee
31-07-2004, 10:02 PM
i want to come.......

JMo
31-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Wey hey Pauly! - so you got yourself a Monster then?

"Bury Hill" (also known as Whiteways Lodge) is the picnic spot/carpark/cafe at the roundabout junction of the A29 and A284 (and B2139) just north of Arundel, West Sussex.

If you are coming directly from Horsham - take the A29 through Pulborough heading south for A27/Chichester. As you approach the Downs, you will head through Bury itself, then go up the hill (Bury Hill indeed), and about half a mile on from the top of the hill, the entrance to the carpark will be on your right, just before you reach the roundabout... (nutters tend to overshoot the entrance, then get their knee down around the roundabout before coming into the carpark) - you won't miss it on a sunny Sunday - it's full of bikes...

Hope to see you there!

JennyMo

xxx

Pauly
31-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi Jen, yeah I'm all monstered up, it's effin great. Just checked Bury on multimap, it's just up the road innit! See you there..... red carnation in your lapel? :D

JMo
31-07-2004, 10:58 PM
red carnation in your lapel?

Not exactly, but a red XR400 between my legs - quite possibly! (motocrossing that afternoon see..)

Be good to see you...

BTW. If you're at a loose end tomorrow (Sunday 1st) - a bunch of us are aiming to meet at Boxhill* at 1pm and see where the afternoon takes us...

xxx

Thats Box Hill - Surrey, not Bury Hill - Sussex tomorrow...

Pauly
31-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Sounds good, hopefully see you there.

Flip
01-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Well, make it coffee and we'll be there.........unless we decide to get an early night! :p

Melnie Mouse
01-08-2004, 09:50 PM
of course you can come Albie, all you others too, everyone's welcome.. :)

Melnie Mouse
03-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Is weather going to last for our tea party???? :)

Albie
03-08-2004, 03:59 PM
I shall bring some sunshine down with me. :D :D Probs coming down Sat morn and stop over again with my nice buddys. :) :) Cant wait :D

CK & AK
03-08-2004, 04:05 PM
I shall bring some sunshine down with me. :D :D Probs coming down Sat morn and stop over again with my nice buddys. :) :) Cant wait :D

want to say any more Albie..... ;)

C :lol:

Melnie Mouse
03-08-2004, 04:11 PM
and having a nice breakfast again Albie??? :) :D :D

Julie
03-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Is weather going to last for our tea party???? :)
It better bloody last!! Jen says its always sunny down in the south. It only rains in the north!!

SazzaG
03-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Forecast is cloudy and 26 degrees. Mmm, humid!

Nah, it never rains in Sussex. The only time we see rain is when we visit a certain county to the north of us....

Saz

Julie
03-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Forecast is cloudy and 26 degrees. Mmm, humid!

Nah, it never rains in Sussex. The only time we see rain is when we visit a certain county to the north of us....

Saz

NNNaaarrggggg It never rains up here...you ask Jen. She met me from work the other week and it was a lovely sunny day...wasn't it jen?

Albie
03-08-2004, 08:14 PM
What are you trying to say :D :confused: ;) :) :lol: :lol: :eek:

JMo
03-08-2004, 08:44 PM
She met me from work the other week and it was a lovely sunny day...wasn't it jen?

The words "of", "bucket" and "****" spring to mind...

xxx

psychlist
03-08-2004, 08:46 PM
What are you trying to say

Dunno Albie, must mean if you stay locally you wont have so far to travel and p'raps you wont be so tired in the morning :D :bunny: :D :burnout:

SazzaG
04-08-2004, 07:53 AM
NNNaaarrggggg It never rains up here...you ask Jen. She met me from work the other week and it was a lovely sunny day...wasn't it jen?

Ah no, you misunderstand me. The county I was refering to is way further south than you. Sorry, bit cryptic, but Jen will get it!

Albie
04-08-2004, 03:38 PM
and having a nice breakfast again Albie??? :) :D :D
This Miss Mouse :eek: :eek: :eek: ASDA's :D :D :D

Melnie Mouse
04-08-2004, 09:44 PM
This Miss Mouse :eek: :eek: :eek: ASDA's :D :D :D

wahhhhhhhhhh it's not asdas' it's asda!

and anyway, I think HM idea of having a vote of finding the best breakfast place was the best?
was it HM's idea? or... all round to hers and she can cook it.... yeahhhhhhh :)

actually.... I think that's a great idea, what you think HM? we can all bring some stuff round for you to cook........

Albie
04-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Nice one Mel .Whats your hair like then. Is it as short as mine now.No3
:D :D :D

CK & AK
05-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Mel! tis my idea, you fool!! :rolleyes:

- but I think we could go one better - where is the best ice creams? - ask NBs......... :lol:

C

ps: its Asda store, or " I'm off to Adsa's" :lol: :lol: :twisted: .. or "Asdas' have some bargains....." :twisted: :D

Pedro
05-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Mel! tis my idea, you fool!! :rolleyes:

- but I think we could go one better - where is the best ice creams? - ask NBs......... :lol:

C

The Mr Whippy at Alton train station!

MilesB
05-08-2004, 09:09 PM
See you guy's there. :bunny:

If everyone is bringing the weather with them, there's gonna be none left anywhere else at this rate :lol:

I'll be coming in down the A29 from Box Hill, and going back to Maidstone cross country if anyone wants the company... I'll try to keep up :D :burnout:

Albie
05-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Hoping to ride there with HM and may ride back with you MilesB .Be nice to see you again. :D

Pauly
05-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Just changed my cambelts this evening, oil change tomorow so the bike should be ready. Weather looks a bit hit and miss, rain spreading from the west, but we may get away with it if we are lucky ;) Best breakfast is at the Coral Cabin Newhaven harbour, worst is the Chalet, down the road from me on the A281, best ice cream? well who's ever had a bad one :confused: As far as I can see big is best :D

Melnie Mouse
05-08-2004, 10:27 PM
that made me laugh outloud, bringing the weather and none being left for anyone else, sounds like quite a few people are turning up then, excellent..

best ice cream I ever had was in venice, choc ice cream with lemon sorbet, 2000 lira it was... guess it's a long way to go though huh? :rolleyes:

Thorntons do a nice ice cream though and lots of different flavours..

- albie, you'd hardly notice... it's not that bad.. honest.. :o :cool:

Julie
06-08-2004, 05:31 AM
Well we will be on our way at 1pm to the sunny side of the land.

Looks like it will be a nice day today...last night was mad we had the worst electrical storm I have ever seen.

See you all sunday.

julie

Albie
06-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Miss Mouse not much hair off then. :eek: Bet it cost a few bob though. :D Had to have mine all off . Too hot and losing it and horrid helmet hair. :eek: :( :( See you Sat or Sun probs. Have a nice day at work. In the nicest possible way that is. :D :D

NBs
06-08-2004, 06:25 PM

C

What would I know?!!!
Oh ok, best ice cream ever was in Norway.... was only 2 kroner and it was massive!

Found something you might like this afternoon charlotte - for charlotte (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25379&item=3832129767)

:twisted:

CK & AK
06-08-2004, 06:51 PM
:lol: cheers for the thought Nick, but prefer the end product really...... :p

why not have a 'whip round' for it, for club use only.... :lol:

C :)

Flip
08-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Good to catch up with those at Bury Hill this evening (although I don't understand why everyone arrived so early!!!!!!!!!!!).

JMo did ace finding some nice Sussex twisty roads (85 mile round trip all in all) to the 'lovely' Cricketers, although I don't know what was the better meal..... Julie and Ruth's carrot and coriander soup, my 'massive' black pudding or k8's pink chicken! Jen, how was yours? :lol:

Hope everyone got back safely (J&R have a good trip home on Tuesday).

Pedro
08-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Yeah good to see everyone today!

Jen, your bike looks cracking, like the mods!!

Flip, sorry didn't recognise you at first, thought you were a newbie!! It's been a while.... Hee hee.

J&R, good to see you both. Did you enjoy your time darn sarf??

Ped

BoozyBOB
08-08-2004, 10:51 PM
pretend rain in Hampshire.... :confused:
good to see you all again..esp J&R...hope you had a good weekend.. :twisted:
Jmo's mods are the dogs danglers...(we like shiney)...next time i WILL be on the bike..looking at IOW now...(you know you want to) :burnout:
safe trip home J&R...till next time... :bunny:

BoozyBOB
08-08-2004, 10:52 PM
and the less said about Flip's black pud the better....

Albie
08-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Sorry didnt make it everybody but had hectic mad day with psyclist going from Hampshire to sussex back hampshire then on to surrey then back to hampshire then passed through surrey on way back to Kent. What a fab weekend.425 mls of fun :eek:

MilesB
09-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Good to put some-more faces to names, and to see some-more Monsters - especially J-Mo's - love those underslung cans, but not sure about all that chrome... Keep it Dark.

Seems everyone did bring enough good weather with them to keep the rain off ;)

Albie, you missed a cracker of a ride back to Kent - good cross country hooning all the way :D :bunny: :burnout:
- but I bet you made up for it in other ways.

Miles

Melnie Mouse
09-08-2004, 01:44 PM
glad you got back o.k. Miles, was bit worried after you said you'd arranged to ride back with Albie and he didn't turn up! - Albie, smack bum! :) ;)

still, good turnout.. and nice to meet everyone again as well as the new faces

stay happie chappies :) :)

psychlist
09-08-2004, 03:35 PM
................Albie and he didn't turn up! - Albie, smack bum! :) ;)

and there was me dragging Albie over to Ashurst and then you say you not coming to Popham after all ;) - Melanie, smack bum! :D :) :)

Albie
09-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah Mel :rolleyes: :D
Im sorry Miles but I really couldn't justify going there late knowing what weather was doing there and if i arrived 2 hours late if any one there any way. SORRY. Had a much longer ride home than you though but very nice and warm. Got home at 11:20

MilesB
09-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Albie

No worries :cool:

Miles

psychlist
09-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Glad you found your way outa Havant eventually Andy :D hope you enjoyed yer chinky. See you at Findon Sunday if you're free.
:burnout:

Melnie Mouse
09-08-2004, 09:16 PM
and there was me dragging Albie over to Ashurst and then you say you not coming to Popham after all ;) - Melanie, smack bum! :D :) :)

I know i'm sorry, but even on way to Ashurst, I could have fallen asleep whilst riding, I didn't feel safe and just wanted to sleep, I couldn't have made it all way to Popham and back in that heat, sorry I'm a wus.. :(

speak to my boss about cooler working conditions cos this is really taking it out of me :(

Albie
09-08-2004, 09:54 PM
It was a great weekend all round and no ones moaned that I know of.Too many miles too few hours and kin hot. Well it is summer. Were all tired and thers always next week. Oh my god yes he may back who knows. Shut the borders theres a mad monsterer around :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Banshee
09-08-2004, 09:55 PM
im in bloody horsham on wednesday / thursday 12 and 13 august. bo**ocks.

Pauly
09-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Whats wrong with being in Horsham :confused: They have roads there don't they?

Fodder
10-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Ah Banshee
I take it you are working?
It is a shame you wrote your monny off, because Pauly and myself could show you some fantastic Sussex roads.
Ah well next time eh?

Julie
10-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi

We are back in loughborough, had a good run back but shattered now.

we have done just over 600 miles since leaving the house on friday.

It was great to see you all again. We had a fantastic time in the south with you guys. Jen looked after us very well ..Thank you x

Lovely to see everyone and we went to see didge and jan on monday over in bognor..great to see them both..he's looking well.

Looking forward to seeing you at Bristol and the brighton speed triles.

XXXXXXX

aint monsters brilliant !

Pauly
10-08-2004, 09:23 PM
It is a shame you wrote your monny off, because Pauly and myself could show you some fantastic Sussex roads.

Aaahhh, now I see. By the way Fodd, not with my hands on my head, but on the trigger of my gun ;)

Fodder
10-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Aaahhh, now I see. By the way Fodd, not with my hands on my head, but on the trigger of my gun ;)

Respect, not only do you ride a Ducati but are also a fan of the Clash. What a cultured bunch we are.

J&R sorry i couldn't get down to say hello at Box hill but I had a puncture and that darned Jmo nicked me paddock stands so she could go a polishin ;)

Maybe see you all at the speed trials then.

Fods

Pedro
10-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Ok, own up, who did it????

Just been to the garage and noticed my head light is broken AGAIN! Looks like a stone chip as there is a piece of glass rattling aroud inside. Wasn't like that saturday and haven't used it since!

So come on, who dun it????

Ped
Now just about to make Motobins a bit richer! :(

Melnie Mouse
10-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Ok, own up, who did it????

Just been to the garage and noticed my head light is broken AGAIN! Looks like a stone chip as there is a piece of glass rattling aroud inside. Wasn't like that saturday and haven't used it since!

So come on, who dun it????

Ped
Now just about to make Motobins a bit richer! :(

that's strange.. :( that's you and Jamcoly then...
don't forget BMW ones are cheaper.. you'll have to make perspex protectors at this rate like the 916's...

Pauly
11-08-2004, 07:50 AM
not only do you ride a Ducati but are also a fan of the Clash.

'London calling' lives in the car, top tunes.

Julie
11-08-2004, 08:19 AM
J&R sorry i couldn't get down to say hello at Box hill but I had a puncture and that darned Jmo nicked me paddock stands so she could go a polishin ;)

Maybe see you all at the speed trials then.

Fods

no problem fodder. it was nice to see sam on friday.
will see you at the speed trials, tho i guess i will be in the car if the weather is ****e. i'm not doing 200 miles in the rain.

Julie
11-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Good to catch up with those at Bury Hill this evening (although I don't understand why everyone arrived so early!!!!!!!!!!!).

JMo did ace finding some nice Sussex twisty roads (85 mile round trip all in all) to the 'lovely' Cricketers, although I don't know what was the better meal..... Julie and Ruth's carrot and coriander soup, my 'massive' black pudding or k8's pink chicken! Jen, how was yours? :lol:

Hope everyone got back safely (J&R have a good trip home on Tuesday).

Cant belive you managed to eat ALL of your black pudding phil! you really are a greedy chap!....oh and jen just had a nibble on my penuts.

JMo
11-08-2004, 11:20 AM
oh and jen just had a nibble on my penuts.

And jolly nice they were too...

xxx